Lab Tech Love--Because Techs Need Love, Too

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Sep 3, 2005.

1. lament

lament Captain

Bobby and Hodges are quickly becoming one of my favorite duos. I hope the writers continue to use their natural chemistry! :D

I'm still jonesing to see an episode from the lab techs' perspective. Can you imagine it?

The banter between these two is definitely making me giddy.

2. Onigami

Onigami Police Officer

And did anyone besides me notice just how HOT Bobby looked in the beginning of the ep? Jeans and that shirt... Damn. :eek:

Yes. I loved the back and forth between them. I distincly remember making a comment to one of my friends that "Hodges is very protective of Bobby's guns" and squeeing like a 12 year old. :lol:

Although I like to think that Archie and Bobby are together, I'm starting to be able to see Hodges and Bobby. I just thought that Hodges was too snarky for Bobby, but now I'm seeing that he can hold his own. :D

Someone up there said something about Tyler/Speed. I read a great bunch of fics with the two of them, but I don't remember where they're from. :(

3. Sillie

Sillie Pathologist

Well... I do know CarolineCrane has written a lot of Tyler/Speed fics... She has them posted on her own site.

4. lament

lament Captain

RE: Speed/Tyler

Like Sillie said, the Speed/Tyler fics you read were probably Caroline Crane's. Not many people write for that pairing, but she's got some wonderful ones.

RE: Bobby's hotness

I know! Both he and Hodges fill out jeans pretty well. ;) I honestly squeed when I saw Bobby at the beginning. I rewound the DVR! :lol:

I read a great Bobby/Archie unrequited love ric, but I can't find it now. :(

I'm really starting to see Bobby and Hodges after last night. At first, I was just... hmmm... But now? You're so right. Bobby can hold his own!

5. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Actually, I can. I mentioned in another section that I wish they'd do an episode centering on how the lab staff deal with the evidence that's being brought in, from their perspective. Big case, tons of stuff to go over, trace for days so Hodges can be appropriately snarky, shell casings for Bobby to work his magic on, surveillance tape for Archie to examine, DNA for Wendy to make wonderful oh-no-she-di'int remarks about, fingerprints - Jacqui, wherefore art thou? And so on. Throw in a few little (or big) complications. Bobby gets some findings that aren't in IBIS. Archie loses a contact lens. Wendy finds some results that are, shall we say, off the "earth creature" chart. Whatever. Bonding, snarkiness, Bobby's drawl, Hodges' insecurity, Archie's "inner Worf". I drool as I type. :D

I always pictured Bobby in a stable relationship, but if not, I think a flirtation between him and Hodges would be a laugh riot. Archie's always seemed to me to need someone who is in his intellectual league but, like him, can be a "kid" once in a while and revert to that simple, fun, unpolluted nature. That's why I tend to ship him with Greg. As for Wendy, time will tell. I don't know if I'd necessarily ship her with Hodges, but some snark-vs-quirk interaction between them would be delightful!

--Robin

6. lament

lament Captain

I picture Bobby in a stable relationship, mostly because I know that the writers were originally going to reveal that he and his partner had adopted a kid. Even though they never showed the scene (grrrrrrr), that continues to influence me.

Thus, I feel guilty liking Bobby and Hodges together. :eek: On the other hand, perhaps Bobby and his partner split. Or maybe the writers are reevisioning the character. I'll run with it, because the snark is awesome!

If they ever do a lab tech episode, I'd like to see the techs' perspectives on the regulars. Do they think Grissom is creepy? Do they meet in the breakroom and make fun of Nick's facial hair? ;) Which CSI annoys them the most? It would be such a funny episode.

7. Onigami

Onigami Police Officer

If they can do an episode of Without A Trace from the parent's view, they can do an episode of CSI from the tech's view. I mean, I would LOVE to see what they do when they're not being harrassed by the CSIs. Not that the CSIs harass them necessarily, but with Greg, we saw a lot of that 'nothing to do for chunks of time until everyone gets back from the scene and they all need it now' type thing.

I like to think that Bobby's relationship is canon, even though it ended up on the floor. But I can ignore it every once in a while and let him go wild. :D

I could so see Bobby letting go every once in a while and being a kid. But I do love me some Greg/Archie fics. ;) It's too bad that there are so few of them out there.... Not that I'm hinting to anyone... :lol:

8. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Naw, ya think? ;) Could be some coming soon, you never know... :D ::sneaks back to her fic-writing::

--Robin

9. lament

lament Captain

I wanted to share some fics I found!!

This one is about Bobby, his partner, and his daughter. I'm not familiar with the author, but the story is terrific: Daddy's Little Girl

This is Bobby/Archie: Rambo

These are Speed/Tyler. I posted them before, but since Onigami mentioned them, I'm reposting them. :)

Unsung

Still Waters

Gold and Honey

Failsafe

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey, I'm just thinking that even though canon says that Bobby is in a stable relationship, it doesn't say that it can't be Hodges, does it? I mean, as far as I know, he just talks about his partner - he doesn't give a name, does he?
    I could see those two together although I kinda prefer Hodges/Nick after some of the fics I've read.
    :lol: :lol: loving the mental picture here!! I was actually a devoted Trekkie once (not so much anymore) and I wouldn't exactly say that Archie reminded me of Worf.. But then again, who would want to find their inner Quark? :D

11. Onigami

Onigami Police Officer

Ack!! Adorable!! I especially love the first one. Bobby is just sooo cute! TPTB need to get their act together and not be so scared. :mad:

:D :D Just let me know where to squee and I'll be there!

12. melia

melia Rookie

well I would love to love Archie. That man is one fine peice of lab tech.

13. lament

lament Captain

I'm feeling the Lab Tech Love, so I thought I'd bump this up. What does everyone think about an Archie/Hodges pairing? I still like Bobby/Hodges, but I can't get it out of my head that Bobby would be cheating on his never-seen partner. :lol:

14. beautifulview

beautifulview Pathologist

i dunno but i'm a bit of archie/sara, i dont know if that qualifies as lab tech love :)

15. lament

lament Captain

As long as one of the two is a lab tech, it qualifies. Here's my first post in the thread that explains the purpose of the thread: