"Lab Rats" Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 7, 2007.

1. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I can't watch the show for the 'science' because of this...it drives me bonkers! I pick apart their lab techniques all the time. I find they are very sloppy in the lab. I want to be a lab rat when I graduate. I notice the genetic stuff more, just cause my degree is molecular biology and genetics....

2. LabRat129

LabRat129 Victim

Uh, yeah, there is some sloppiness, and whoever the lab consultants on the show are, they need to be a more careful in what they allow on screen. Don't they think we lab rats won't notice these things? Oh, well.

More than anything, when I watch and episode, I try to distance myself from the 'science' and try to concentrate on the 'mystery.' CSI is really an updated version of Sherlock Holmes, but with the cool gadgets. I guess I just want to leave the lab at work. ;)

3. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

molecular biology and genetics.......that is impressive! I can only wish I had enough interest...lol...and brain capacity (yes, I have insulted myself...lol, oh well)...to do something like that as a career. I bet it is and would be a real challenge!

How'd yer exam go after yesterday?

4. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

While I think this is a great discussion, I'm pretty sure Destiny or Tally will ask you to keep on topic about "Lab Rats"

I didn't really understand this one scene:

When Hodges' was putting out the three bags of chips, with one carrot each (How cute was that, though? I think I'm finding a new love for Hodges') was he doing that to give them to his fellow rats, or to just show his organizational skills? :lol:

5. DJRideout

well....I know back in another show a few seasons back, he did mention to one of the CSI's, I think Nick, that he was a little on the anal side...lol! People like that tend to do odd little things, such as what he did with the chip bags...organizing them in a neat and proper way. I couldn't quite understand the carrot, and at the time, the chips too, but they fell into place toward the end of the show...the carrot, I still don't know.....maybe I am not seeing something there!

And yes, I did go a little OFF the initial topic, but I did notice that after I had my last comment posted! :lol: opps!

6. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

My exam went ok ;), biochem is hard, remembering all the details, and enzyme names...not my forte. Human genetics will go better tommorow, I love genetics :D

And to stay on topic, 'Lab Rats', especially Hodges shows scientific people pretty well. We can be strange, I know I am :lol: Like when Hodges were organizing his chips, haha, I do things like that all the time. Except the female characters are not that nerdy, like Wendy, is way to normal, lol. I would like to see a nerdy female character on the show.

7. LabRat129

LabRat129 Victim

Sorry about not staying on topic. My bad, totally!

About the chips...Weren't they the same chips he got out of the vending machine with his "lucky" dollar that he found on the ground? And did he eventually open those chips, or was he just saving them for good luck? I didn't get it either. Anyhow, he wasn't willing to share any of it, that's for sure! :lol:

Rattie

8. DJRideout

lol...I guess that would be wishful thinking....gotta have people that look decent on the camera...lol

Well, everything about hodges, I like...I don't know why...well maybe! It's his overall demeanor. But I was impressed to see the lighter side of the lab techs...makin' a little comment here and there, acting a little weird. As many have mentioned over the past several pages here, the group seemed to work well with one another...they made it look like they really did have that; Techies vs CSI's sorta thing...the individual groupings! **wonders if she's makin sense anymore at 3:30 in the AM...probably not**

9. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

I really liked this episode. It was fun to see a different perspective, and to get to know them a little better. Plus, was it just my runaway imagination, or was there an insane amount of flirting going on there?!? :lol:

10. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

This episode will be forever known as the "rat" episode. The hazmat suits where hysterical.

As for Hodges I am a bit worried. When they realized that none of the CSI had called the number Wendy picked up Hodges phone and dialed the number, and Hodge made the comment about "great now he's got my number" (or something to that effect). Which leads me to believe that Hodge could be in serious trouble.

And my sister made an interesting comment about the last MCSK had to have known that Grisom and the CSI team would find out who his/her next victim was so he/she made a fool proof plan of not getting caught. So the question becomes was the woman the real target or the undercover cop they used to draw the killer out?

And I'm not sure what is with the whole bleach storyline sounds kinda lame to me, I mean if this person is doing this becauses he/she had snaped at the smell of bleach then why leave a miniature of the crime scene?

I am also starting to think that MCSK is a her and not a him. Each victim was taken by suprise. The rock star was hit from behind, no challenge with an older woman the chicken worker was also taken from behind.

Just something to chew on. Has anyone checked out the miniature killer page over @ CBS? No spoiler but an overview of what has happened with the case. And the next MCSK air date.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi/features/miniaturekiller/

11. DJRideout

I don't think, and this is just MY opinion, that hodges is the intended next victim, but I am a little worried though and I do have a little doubt about it...where wendy did use HIS cell phone and all....either it "will" claim him as the vic or incriminate him....! I don't want to think of either of those possiblities. lol....I just wanna think that he, for once, made an impression on grissom and that his nosing around is for the better and not the worse! The guy deserves that much....the more positive side! :)

12. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

It will probably end up being one of those famous moments in CSI that we never hear about again :(

Although - I did think it was a bit unprofessional for the lab techs to call in the number, from one of their own cells.

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

No harm done, it slide off topic, its righted now. ;)
    Since there is some discussion about the show or how it might be written, I am going to make a thread for that percise discussion, this way this can stay on topic more.

ETA: The link to that thread I said I would make. ;)

14. edog

edog Lab Technician

I was thinking that myself, but most of what the lab rats did in this episode was unprofessional, whether they knew about Hodges' deception or not. Also, Wendy may have been trying to one up Hodges. Since she made the observation that the CSIs didn't call the number, this was her moment to show that her brain was just as big as anyone's at the lab.

Ironically, she lost her common sense along the way. ;)

15. allmaple

allmaple Judge

well, csi isnt perfect (as was pointed out with the lab techniques a few posts above) there is a lot of unprofessional and unethical behaviour to get a good story line and some drama. if it were real life, all the characters would have been fired now for one reason or another. but im able to not care too much and just enjoy the show. like the lab rats were pretty much tampering with evidence but its all good in csi land