Josh Groban ~Grobanites Unite!~

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by HoratioAndMe, Aug 11, 2005.

?

Grade 'Rest in Pieces'

1. A+

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. A

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. B+

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. B

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  5. C+

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. D

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Palm

Palm Coroner

Re: Josh Groban ~ Grobanites Unite!~

....Oh.. how I ENVY YOU.
    FEEEEEEEL the envy >____<

Guh, Photos :D
    Glad you had a steller time, HNM :3

2. Dingbat

Dingbat CSI Level One

You saw him on Feb 27?! That was the day after I saw him! OMG small world.

Sounds like you the same amount of fun as I did ;)

He wore a tshirt with a nice suit jacket and the finest pair of jeans I have ever seen! Then changed half way through into a bluey shirt, white vest thing, and the same jean. Dayhm!

Yeah when the piano rose from under the stage, he said 'Hey, it's magic', then went do so a Sesame Street thing. 'Hey kids, do you know what this is? It's a piano' Great guy!

When he did 'So She Dances' he ended it with sounding like some guy trying to woo someone with a horrible french accent "So...she dances" lol it was funny.

He walked through the audience for 'in Her Eyes' and I could have sworn I saw him wink at me ;) :sigh:

I was about 20ft from the stage and I could practically through myself at him and reach his shoes.

We too sang Happy Birthday, and Josh was adorbale self.

Spend loads of money on a tshirt, a poster, and a program and drool over them constantly.

I was so happy that he did 'U'ltima Notte' That's my fav non-English song. Did such a wonderful job!

Not alot of my pics came out good, cause we weren't allowed flash, and my zoom sorta sucks but I'll post 3 of the best ones...

You Are Loved -- opening
    Good Bye *sniff*
    February Song

3. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

:lol: It is a small world! That's awesome that we saw him one day apart.

He seems to be taking to the 'In her Eyes' walk through the audience performance. I just wish he'd done it at the concert I went to. Maybe he'll do it at the Atlanta concert I'm going to the 17th.

Those pics are awesome. I've been meaning to post mine and will later. I really want to share the pic of him with the Homer Simpson cut-out.

4. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Oh Cool! A Josh Groban thread! I am 24 and feel extremely disallusioned at how younger artists squander great potential with incredibly boring rock or rap that is completely unoriginal or lacking any color or depth.

Josh Groban however is one of the best new artists that I have heard in the last few years. As of this writing I have his two most recent CD's "Closer" and "Awake" both of which are really nice though I like "Closer" more because it has more consistant material while "Awake" is somewhat uneven but still very good.

The last track on "Closer" entitled "Never Let Go" made me a fan of Groban. His voice is absolutely powerful and he can actually sing and generally has great material to back it up. I mean, other young artists have good voices but choose such poor material. Groban however escapes all of that and is probably my favorite artist under 30 as of writing this post.

5. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

Welcome to the thread Axatullux. I totally agree with all of your post. I do think 'Closer' is his best album to date as far as staying on genre. 'Awake' is awesome in itself because it is a mesmerizing and turned out to be quite an achievement. Taking the risk at trying other styles really did pay off good for him.

And I'm loving hearing all of these concert stories. I'm going to see him the 15th so I'll share my story too :D.

6. tpring64

tpring64 Victim

Hi there - just thought I'd stop by and say hello. I love all the pics everyone has posted of Josh! I am also a big fan of AWAKE, and recently picked up his CD from Hallmark. You people are lucky that get to see him on this tour. I've been hearing wonderful things about his live show. ~lynn~

7. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Just letting it be known that Josh Groban will be performing on 'American Idol' Apr 25th. He signed up to do the charity 'American Idol Gives Back,' and will perform there before holding a concert across town.

Josh on AI

Also, I'd like to share this pic from Josh in LA last week. Here he is singing 'So she Dances'. I really wasn't that close, just had a good zoom...

[​IMG]

8. Nim

Nim Pathologist

It's funny I was looking for info about the tour in Europe, and found this thread at Talk :lol:

I'm from Italy, and the closest city is Zurich... but I'm in need of info about ticket prize.
    One site says it's 125 euros. Is it true??? :confused:

9. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Welcome Nim :), love your icon.

Ticket prices vary actually depending on where you sit at the concert. 125 euros sounds like a REAL good seat. I don't know about Zurich (and it does depend on the rate of ticket sales) but about 66 euros will get you a seat on ground level. Less than that if you just want to be able to be there.

Hope that helped.

10. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile. I do intend to post pics from my concert experience soon.

Thanks for the pic and link HnM. I'll have to remember to watch him on AI.

Did any of you hear the story about him being on 'Dances with the Stars' earlier this month and they cut his song in half for 'So she Dances'. Boo.

and thanks for the icon HAM, I love how you did the eye.

11. Nim

Nim Pathologist

Thank you :) It's the only price I found, with no distinctions in seats, so...
    Ok, pray for me: gotta ask daddy his credit card to pay it.
    I have the money, but not the card... :mad:
    And today he left his VISA at home. I saw it cleaning his room, and thought "is there an episode of CSI where they teach you how to steal VISA numbers without the risk of being killed by your father?!" :lol:

I watched JG in Concert yesterday evening... I was touched :)
    This afternoon I'm gonna watch Live at the Greek.
    Just to prepare myself for the concert, hehehe! :lol:

12. Nim

Nim Pathologist

I think I crossposted these everywhere :lol:
    So I post them here also! :p

JOSH GROBAN - To Where You Are
    -27 icons
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Fly me up to where you are...

13. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

Those are lovely icons. I'm taking some of those and will definately credit you if I use them. :D

14. Nim

Nim Pathologist

Grazie :D

ps. I have the ticket!!! YAY!!! :lol:

15. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

You're welcome for the icon, Hummer.

Glad you got your ticket, Nim! :D I hope my estimated pricing wasn't too off. Just remember that if you take a camera make sure it doesn't have a flash or it may be taken from you during the show. Also, I've been meaning to change my own icon back to a Joshed one and may use one of yours. Will credit, of course.

I also just wanna remind everyone that Josh performs on American Idol Wednesday (Apr 25th). A lot of people are wanting him to sing a dedication song to Va Tech (since he did go there a couple years ago) but it all stands to be seen.

And lastly (I know Nim has seen this pic) but it really is gorgeous. In this pic Angelique Kidjo is giving him a 'dance lesson.'

pure joy