Josh Groban ~Grobanites Unite!~

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by HoratioAndMe, Aug 11, 2005.

?

Grade 'Rest in Pieces'

1. A+

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. A

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. B+

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. B

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  5. C+

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. D

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

^ HnM thanks for this screencaps :D now i`m little busy to watch S3 BSG, but soon will see and JG on AM tv show hehe ;) did hi think to play in another tv show or movie ?! also when is release date of his CD -new song for Saint Valentine ?! thanks in advace for this info ;)

2. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

I don't think he has ever played in anything else. Except he did a cartoon voice somewhere along the line. He's just been REAL busy.

His Valentine's Day CD has already been released here in the states and is supposed to be released internationally on Feb 12th. Here's the thing at hallmark.com about it Josh Groban Valentine CD

There's also a hallmark card that, when you open it up, you can hear Josh sing 'When You Say You Love Me'. I want IT!

And I'm absolutely in love with this song on the new CD:

With You

Sometimes I remember reasons I let you go
    Inside them I see your face and all I really know
    I was scared to share the love I have inside of me
    Through all the heartache I know that I was meant to be

With You
    I have everything I've ever wanted
    Simple and true
    With You
    Crying eyes so beautiful
    It's You
    Who always thought our love would see us through

If I could follow my heart again it would be yours
    With every breath I would find a way to love you more
    I can't imagine life without your silent bravery
    And I'm grateful for every moment that I get to be

With You
    Simple and true
    With You
    Loving eyes so beautiful
    It's You
    Who always finds a way

And if the stars should disappear
    In the dark I'll still be here
    Forever in your arms where I belong

With You
    Simple and true
    With You
    Loving eyes so beautiful
    It's You
    Who always knew our love would see us through

3. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Thanks for those lyrics. Love that song.

Yeah, Josh was in the cartoon 'American Dad!' in 2005 (episode 1.07 'Deacon Stan, Jesus Man') as Whiny Parishioner (as imdb.com desribes it). If you get to see it, he's the guy in the crowd that stands up and talks and has a very squeaky voice. :lol:

I did hear of that card and I've actually had an eye out for it. Hopefully I can get my hands on it before the 14th. :D

And I just had to share this from thatjoshgrobanguy.com. Teh Joshy quote:

josh fact: he drinks an average of 15 bottles of water a day

4. Mog

Mog Dead on Arrival

thanks you for all of the pics. i must see josh im concert and see those episodes.

and can anywon tell what the name of the song in the hallmark commercial?

5. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

At the moment I'm in the middle of doing a little Josh
    Groban research (which, has been helped along by Hummer :D). I've just read that Josh shares the same birthday as his younger brother Christopher, Josh is four years older! :eek:

I'm sure y'all know that. :lol:

6. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Thrilled to know that you’re looking into Josh, Tink. He really is a loveable soulful guy, both in music and personality, that you just can’t help but well…love :). It is an interesting time, getting to know him at first, and I’m interested in your thoughts. What songs have you heard?

And it has always been interesting to me the fact that Josh and Chris are born exactly four years apart. Josh says that Chris is the more ‘mellow’ of the two but other than that, they have many of the same qualities. They also look a lot alike and both have curly hair (Chris’ is blond though but Josh’s was too when he was real young). Here's a pic of them together when Josh was five. From the vh1 special they had a few years ago:

josh and chris

And Mog the song from the hallmark commercial is this one:

My Heart Was Home Again

So it goes, history shows
    Deserts must expand
    And camels sail like wooden ships
    Like women on the strand

There's sand on Second Avenue
    And the wind blows like a train
    Taxis light up like a string of pearls
    Around the block again

And I remembered everything
    And every windowpane
    Every word came back to me
    The way it used to be

Then I saw your face across the street
    And my heart was home again

There's a bus that leaves at eight fifteen
    And another one at ten
    Should I climb aboard, risk everything
    And ride it to the end

Watch the hills like roller coasters
    Up against the sky
    And wish that you were here by me
    So close that I could die

You said love wrecks everything
    And none of us survive
    So I got over you last night
    And I am still alive

And I remembered everything
    And every windowpane
    Every word came back to me
    The way it used to be

ETA: I don't think I've told everyone this but the website under my username has icons that I've made of Josh. It's for friends only but if anyone ever wants one I'll post some here (or there for the public). Just so you guys know. :D

7. Palm

Palm Coroner

D: I want Icons! *Hand Up* :B
    Uggggh... that Valentine Day card sounds so good! I'd buy it and give it to myself so I can dork over his amazingness.

Josh Fact: He swears D:

8. Dingbat

Dingbat CSI Level One

I posted here a long time ago, but thought I'd pop in and gloat alittle. :p

I am so excited! I'm going to see him in concert on Feb 26! Yay!

Oh, and I made some avis and walls. I'll post 'em here when I have time...

9. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Re: Josh Groban ~ Grobanites Unite!~

I'm also thrilled to be in the company of all you Grobanites, who are helping me along the way. :D So far, I've only managed to hear one song 'Remember When It Rained', which, I loved and I had the song in my head all day Saturday. :eek: I confess, I love him and I've only heard one song. I just think he is such a wonderful person, his a joy just to watch. :) Also thank you for the picture of Josh and his brother. Josh is blonde. :eek:

Just to keep you updated on my transition to a Grobanite, during my lunch break I wondered around the supermarket and took a look at the CD section (I've already brought two CD's this morning and I was in a bit of rush, so I thought I'd have a more leisurely look in another supermarket) Anyway, as I was scanning the CD's I noticed Awake! :eek: I was a little surprised as I'd never even heard any mention of Josh Groban here, let alone to see his new CD sitting on the shelf! I picked it up and stood looking at it for about five minutes thinking should I or shouldn’t I? Having brought two CD's already today my first thought was why not buy another one soon as I'm on a role? Then I thought buying another CD is probably going to give my bank balance a heart attack, and considering I've only listened to one song, which wasn't even on the album, would probably be a bad idea. :lol:

However, have no fear, lack of common sense got the better of me and I brought it. :lol: It's safely tucked into my bag waiting to be played. Oooh, how I'm looking forward to it, I'll let you all know what I think in a few days when I’ve had time to play it about a thousand times. :D

10. Dingbat

Dingbat CSI Level One

I got all 3 cds of Christmas. So nice :D It's all I've been listening to. :lol:

11. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

I think you’re an official Grobie now Tinks! ;)

YES! You got Awake! :D I am so glad you gave in and bought it! Now you can revel in his music but watch out, he can really put you in a trancelike state. I can’t count how many times I zone out at home and just stop what I’m doing to listen :lol:. My fav on that album is February Song. I think HnM said that he co-wrote it with the lead singer for Five For Fighting. Like she says, he has a 'Holy piano solo'. There is another song he co-wrote with Dave Matthews but I can’t remember which one.

And ‘Remember when It Rained’ is certainly one of his loveliest songs. One of Josh’s best quotes came after he sung that song in Quebec in late 2004. I think he said, before he sung it, that “its hard to sing sad songs when there is so much love.” He also has a piano solo for that one too.

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the album.

And HnM I’d love to see more of your icons.

12. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

You're welcome for the pic. :)

I'm happy you bought Awake, Tink and you won't regret buying it. He's called it his 'take a chance' album (since most of his stuff before it has been rather non risk taking) and he certainly doesn't let the listener down. Unlike his other two major albums he wrote a lot of the music and produced the majority of the songs. He did co-write a lot of the songs and besides the one Hummer mentioned he did co-write 'Lullaby' with Dave Matthews. And he plays a big part of the instruments too. The piano is my favorite instrument he plays.

Also if you're interested in translations for his non-english songs thatjoshgrobanguy.com has a comprehensive listing of English translations.

And dingbat a big welcome back to this thread. Look foward to your Joshed art. Here are some of my icons, I'll post more later:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

With Sarah Brightman
    With Dakota Fanning
    in glasses and a hoodie
    curls

13. Dingbat

Dingbat CSI Level One

14. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

I love all of the icons and wallpapers. I'm going to save some of them to my computer and will credit if I use one from one of you. :)

Who is that with Josh in the 'Hugz' icon?

15. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

That icon is from the music video he's been working on. Not sure what song its for but the little boy is in the video and his mother took the pic of them together. aws.

And dingbat love all the art work! Very lovely. You fav pic is also a favorite of mine.