• D+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Josh Groban ~ Grobanites Unite!~

anyone else hear about josh's new cd just being announced platinum for Nov7th-dec 1st? that's just the US too. no telling how many he's sold internationally.

josh fact: he is a big fan of the show LOST (which i love)!

It's actually double platinum now (as of the first of this month).

And today I gots to see Josh sing. I was sitting up in bleacher-like seats (not actually ON the stage) and my camera was acting funky. I'll post the pics I took later after I see if I can get the blur out of them.

Until then a pic/short article from the magazine Women's Day:

there's something about Josh

Didn't josh tour start yesterday in New York?

And I heard he'll tour europe starting in may.

Josh did open his tour in Verona,NY on February 17th -- to a sold out crowd of 32,500. A friend of mine attended and sent some pics back. I'm making icons with these for my lj josh icons community:

Opening with 'You are Loved (Don't Give Up)"
Love his jacket here
In a waist coat with a bear a grobie gave him
holding up his teddy
playing piano

For this one my friend handed him her cell phone and he talked to her neice (who couldn't make it due to a rather serious hospital stay):

on the phone

sitting on edge of stage
making a joke about his waist coat
Singing 'Machine'
fan greeting

Wow those are amazing HAM thanks for sharing them here. I love the piano one (i heard some grobies at FOJG.com talking a bit about the cell phone pic). I'm actually seeing his concert here in April and hopefully I can take some pics too.

Also, I was wondering Tink if you've gotten a chance to listen to anything off of Awake yet?

Hummer said:
Also, I was wondering Tink if you've gotten a chance to listen to anything off of Awake yet?
Ooh yes, I have. I've not been listening to it as much as I would like, but I have listened to it in its entirety twice. So far my favorite songs are February Song, So She Dances - which I think is just beautiful and also another song, which I love, the only problems is, I can't for the life of me remember which track it was. :eek: It's either Solo Por Ti or Now Or Never. Actually tonight I let you know, but I love it so much. I can't believe how gorgeous Josh's voice is. He has such a great talent. :eek: I really love the album! :)

i am glads you got to listen tink. i like feb song too. he is a wonder. he reallys does have beauty voice. not many people do sound like he this part in timez. and he is a cute one to add to that. do you peple agree?

and thank u for the photo ham he look nice in wasit coat. i found some brand new photos from his awakee tour book.

i like the one wid him and his dog sweeney on beach and the one where he smile big. ham do you will make icons of these.?

Glad you've been listening Tink! February Song seems to be a favorite with many people Grobanites or not (though for the life of me I can’t see how anyone cannot become a grobie :p). Joshly impressed Paul Simon so much with the song that he (Simon) offered to help with JG next album and of course, it was accepted. Just a little extra info for you.

Mog thanks for those pics. The ones with him and Sweeney on the beach are adorable. I will make some icons with them and post em here when I get them ready.

YAY! Glad you've gotten to listen Tinks. Solo Por Ti is probably the only Spanish song I know all the words to. teh. And I agree with HnM I can't think of anyone who has heard his music that hasn't liked it to some degree. He really is spectacular.

Mog he is gorgeous in those pics!! Love the last one.

And today I heard the song 'Awake,' again; in which he named the album after and dedicated to his family. I never get tired of listening to it:

AWAKE

A beautiful and blinding morning
The world outside begins to breathe
See clouds arriving without warning
I need you here to shelter me
And I know that only time will tell us how
To carry on without each other
So keep me awake to memorize you
Give me more time to feel this way
We can't stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me today

If I could make these moments endless
If I could stop the winds of change
If we just keep our eyes wide open
Then everything would stay the same
And I know that only time will tell us how
To carry on without each other
So keep me awake for every moment
Give us more time to be this way
But I can have you next to me today
We'll let tomorrow wait, you're here, right now with me
All my fears just fall away when you are all I see
But I have you here today
And I will remember
Oh I will remember
Remember all the love we shared today

And HnM is it alright if I use one of your icons? will credit of course.

It was announced earlier today when the start of Josh's tour of Europe will commence. Only a few concert dates were announced but he is expected to tour for at least a year abroad. The UK dates are expected to be stated in mid March.

tour dates

Tink where do you be in UK? I do not knew if you take him good as to see him in concert but me finds this list at joshgroban.com. they was announce today.

05.18.2007 Oslo, Nor. Spektrum
05.19.2007 Stockholm, SWE. Annexat
05.21.2007 Amsterdam, Hol. Heineken Music Hall
05.22.2007 Frankfurt, Ger. Alte Oper
05.25.2007 Birmingham, UK. Symphony Hall
05.27.2007 Manchester, UK. Bridgewater Hall
05.28.2007 Glasgow, UK. Clyde Auditorium
05.30.2007 Dublin, IRE. The Point
06.02.2007 Brussels, Be. Cirque Royal
06.03.2007 Paris, Fra. Palais de Congres
06.06.2007 London, UK. Hampton Court Festival
06.08.2007 Lyon, Fra. Salle 3000
06.10.2007 Nice, Fra. Palais Nikaia
06.12.2007 Zurich, CH. Kongressshaus

Long post ahead.

On February 27th, a few friends of mine and I flew to Ottawa, Ontario to see Josh perform at the Scotiabank Place—its the concert Josh did on his 26th birthday—it is originally a stadium for a certain hockey team and seats 18,500. I did not see any empty seats :eek:!

Anyway, it was a long flight but his concert was late at night (by our time) so we had plenty of time to rest up.

Before the concert, there was the ‘Fan meets and Greet’ where fans have dinner together, auctions are held between fans for Josh merchandise (all the money goes to Josh’s charities), and then Josh comes in and talks and eats with everyone for a few minutes. It was fun. At one point someone across the room yells, “We love you Josh!’ and he yells back, “I love you guys more, double watermelons, no take backs!” :lol: At this point he is wearing a white dinner jacket and when he first walks in he says, “I’m so nervous I’m gonna get this dirty. It’s too pretty for me.”

The concert itself was top-notch. There were so many people still coming in after the announced starting time of the concert, that Josh just came out, sat on a stool, and just talked while everyone got to their seats. He talked a lot about his dog Sweeney and how his brother has a cat that his pup is scared of. Hearing him, sound like Scooby-Doo was hilarious! He said if Sweeney talked human he'd sound just like 'Scoobs.' :lol:

The audience even sang Happy Birthday to him and when we were finished he hid his face and said, “Don’t look at me, I’m blushing”. He was even given a Homer Simpson birthday cutout and he yelled, "DOH!" Later my friend handed him a baloon and he skipped around with it! :lol:

As with all of his concerts so far on this tour he has opened with ‘You are Loved (Don’t Give Up).” As mesmerizing, as he is on disc, he is like ten times that live. For “February Song”, his piano rose up from out of the stage and for that entire song, NO ONE in that audience made a sound :eek:. He sung every song from the album and a few from the last album: ‘Remember when it rained,’ ‘You Raise Me Up,’ ‘When you Say You Love Me,’ and ‘Mi Morena.’

Before he sung ‘So she Dances,’ he talked about the first time he came across the song. He said, “I thought it was like ‘So, dot-dot-dot, she dances?’ Or ‘So, comma, she dances’. Therefore, I’m real careful about the ellipses and the comma when I sing this.” :lol:

After the show we waited outside for autographs and afterwards he climbed to the top of this HUGE snow bank to help a fan get their hat that’d blown off. They couldn’t get it at first because his shoes couldn’t get any traction (he looked like he was running on a treadmill and going no where) :lol:. He finally got to the top of the bank however.

But the guy has way too much energy! Has dinner with fans, does a dozen interviews, does rehearsing for 2 hours, has a three-hour concert, signs autographs for an hour and a half, and then climbs this huge snow bank. Just wow!

I have pics that I’ll post as soon as I get them uploaded to my photobucket.

wow HnM thanks for this post. :) i`m glad to know that u have a lot fun there :D and at the same time surprise how much real and cool is Josh Groban ;) will look forward for pics :)

Back