Jorjeous Jorja/Sara discussion part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
SarasGirl said:
ahhh Laetri thats great!!! i hope she gets them too...could you post what you put on the note?

I don't remember exactly but it was something like:

Hey Jorja

These are marshmallows, see. And no, sending marshmallows isn't as random as it may seem. There is some logic behind it, I think. I don't quite know how it started, but you will be forever connected to marshmallows in the TalkCSI world. Here is the link to the thread -link-, sorry it is so long but what can I do? Oh and if you are writing a script for the show or have some say could you maybe have Sara eating marshmallows in one of the episodes in s7? I know we would all laugh. Please?

~Becky

Hephaestus on crutches, I go away for a day or two and you kids are acting up! :lol: Asuka (yeah, I finally named my 'puter after 2 1/2 years) wasn't feeling too well so I bought her some medicine (Norton RULES!!!).

That's a real nice note you sent, Laetri. I'm way too shy to send one myself, 'cause frankly, I wouldn't know what to say:

Dear Jorja,

How are you? I am fine. Well, nice writing to you. Peace.

trent

Yeah, that was real eloquent. But here's the thing, though. Jorja's pretty much a regular lurker here. And the idea of it is kinda weird...maybe a little creepy. It's not anything like X-Fan where many of the creators (the comics writers, artists and editors) post regularly. There, I got to trade lively repartee with Chris Claremont (squEEee!).

But seriously, folks. Jorja is waaaatching us. And if you are, please be on the lookout for Becky's package so that it gets to you, Mmm-Kaaay?

I've been absent! Sorry, friends! And I'm going away for a couple of days, so I'll be gone even longer. But I'll think about Jorja, and marshmallows, and... Sara... and it'll be fun!

See you when I get back :).

Have fun where ever you are going Zan. Happy Marshmallow love ;-)

can't get the thought of Jorja writing an episode of CSI: out of my mind I think it'd be so interesting to see how she portrays all the different characters herself, including Sara I really would like to see what she has in store for all the characters I'd love to see what characters she centers on the most; would she center the most on Sara, or would she center on two other characters' relationships, or...?
''quote by quoth'' can't do the whole thing where the name goes in the box aswell :S but anyway back to where I was going..
Yeah I think it'd be really interesting, would she center around her self *-) I'd like to hope that she wouldn't focus around two other characters relationship...if by relationship you mean romancey relationship. But yah, so intriging!!

Has anyone ever thought that Sara could be OCD?
I mean, in The Hunger Artist she tells Warrick that she shorthands everything and he answeres "You're not a control freak or anything?". Even if she denies, she doesn't sound very convincing, does she?

I'll pay attention to the other eps to see if there's any other hint she might actually be OCD.

That is a nice letter Laetri. :) I like that you wrote: "I don't quite know how it started, but you will be forever connected to marshmallows in the TalkCSI world." Jorja will read that and go "Eh???????" :lol:

I think yours is good trent. Mine will go something like...

"Dear Jorja,

*thud*

…This is Sabrina's Mom. Sabrina just fainted. She sends you her love. I'm going to take her to the doctor now."

Embarrassing with a capital M. :p Btw trent, who or what is Hephaestus? :p

quoth_the_raven said:
SM (Bwahahaha, I inadvertantly made an S&M reference :lol:): You hate bees.
Jorja: Is that true?
I remember that! We seem to know more about Sara than she does. :lol: (But does she really hate bees?) Maybe we should send her a copy of our "Sara Sidle Fact Book". ;)

There is a possibility that Sara's OCD CDC. (Abbreviations. :p) I wonder what are the indications that a person has OCD?

And Zan, hope you'll have a good trip. :)

Dang, SidLer! Ya still up? Well, I should talk, it's 5:56 am :lol:

Hephaestus is the Greek god of blacksmiths, sculptors, just about anybody that bulids stuff. He was known as the Master Forger and created such relics as Hades' Cap of Invisibilty, Hermes' winged helmet and sandals, Eros' bow and arrows, Aphrodite's girdle, Achilles' armor, etc. He was also known as the god who was tossed out of Mount Olympus and became lame as a result. Hence the ephitet "Hephaestus on crutches", which I came up with when I was writing Xena fic (a long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away...).

Speaking of that other master bulider...I'm not sure if Syd (new nickname in honor of the late, great...) suffers from OCD. I mean, she does have an obsessive streak, but I think that stems more from post-traumatic stress disorder than anything. Her flat looks nearly as cluttered as mine (there was also an unfinished game of solitaire on the coffee table). If anything, her methodical tendencies seem more military in nature (not that I think she'd last very long in ROTC at least :lol:) I think everybody has some sort of putting-things-in-order mentality, for instance I have a very precise routine when it comes to opening a pack of cigarettes or taking care of the cat (and the little brat STILL whines). Just because Syd's a control freak doesn't necessarily mean she's on a one way trip to the hoo-hoo hotel...

Laetari I really hope she get's the marshmallows and your letter... haha...

Maybe she drops in, just to see what's written about her in the tread ... lol... would be too cool if we suddenly had a reply by real Jorja xD

*cracks knuckles* Alright, peeps, let the master of obsessive-compulsive-disorder and all that fun stuff have a bit of air-time ;) I suffer from obsessive-compulsive disorder; actually it's both a gift and a curse. But I'm pretty sure Sara has OCD and that it ranges from mild to major at different times. During cases that cause her all sorts of mental anguish (ie rape cases, child abuse cases, domestic violence cases), she gets very agitated very easily. She feels like she has to solve the case as quickly as possible and that she can't rest, sleep or eat until it's finished and the bad guys are put behind bars.

OCD makes you feel like you have to do all sorts of crazy things; disinfect things of all germs, wash hands excessively (I know, my hands used to bleed and crack all the time), count things a certain number of times, and organize anything and everything. Sara's form of OCD just takes a different form; self-destruction and mental stress. She feels as though she isn't doing enough to help the victims when really she's doing more than she really can do. And because of this, she doesn't pay any attention to her own personal needs (she may not even do it intentionally).

In You've Got Male, at the very end of the episode we see Sara throw out her take-out menus, catalogues and food in her fridge. This tells you that she feels pressured by her peers to get out more and have a life outside of work; that she feels pressured to fit in with the crowd, if you will. She's forcing herself out of her comfort zone to prove herself and try to be 'normal' in everyone else's eyes. I know exactly how that feels; in school I was never 'cool' enough, or athletic enough, or so on, so forth.

Having OCD doesn't mean you're crazy, it's just an inbalance of chemicals in your brain (oooh, freaky! :p). But as trent said, part of Sara's problem might be from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), as the poor dear has been through many traumatic things in her life. But PTSD combined with OCD? Whew, you've got a field day.

So to end my long post, I think Sara definitely has OCD, it just takes on different forms (which is normal; that happens to everyone who has OCD) ;)

Laetri thats great!!! I love your letter! and I really hope Jorja gets it and replys !!! and I didn't know that Jorja lurked around here...its that for real??

I never knew that she lurked here, I hope so.

About Sara having OCD, I don't think so. I think she likes having things certain ways but I don't think she would get all upset if she couldn't get something a certain way. Like for example one of my friends needs everything symetrical. If someone borrows one of her rubber bands someone needs to borrow one form the other arm too. We haven't seen Sara exhibit any behavior like this. She suffers from other complexes but I don't think OCD is one of them.

Oh my! - My sister said no-one says "oh my" anymore. But I'm not a no-one. :p - I knew you'd explain everything trent! :lol: Thanks! I was going to ask you who Syd was, but I figured it out myself. :D *pats self on the back* Now, if you could just explain to me what HRD intervention strategies are, that would be great. Ok, j/k ;), you don't have to. I'm researching that for my topic paper. I need to borrow some books.

trent_bowie said:
(there was also an unfinished game of solitaire on the coffee table)
Really? YES! You've a sharp eye trent!

Ann, wow! Thanks for the insight dear. I think I understand OCD better now. I'm not sure if she does have OCD... like trent has mentioned maybe it's Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Or like Laetri has said perhaps she likes having things in certain ways. Take me for instance, when I eat something it has to be of an even number. I can't eat an Oreo cookie, I need to eat 2. I don't know if I've an OCD or that I'm just plain weird.

Night said:
... would be too cool if we suddenly had a reply by real Jorja xD
Honestly, I don't know what I'll do if she replies. o_O

Honestly, I don't know what I'll do if she replies. o_O

Chances are I won't believe it is her. Unless she says in an interview it was her like Jo did with Squidward (that was the coolest chat ever).

SidLer said:
Now, if you could just explain to me what HRD intervention strategies are, that would be great. Ok, j/k ;), you don't have to. I'm researching that for my topic paper. I need to borrow some books.

Dang, Sidler! :lol: You just like tossing difficult questions my way, dontcha? But then again, I love doing the Wolverine thing...

Okay, didn't find that much and really I'm kinda clueless when it comes to business, but HRD stands for Human Resources Development and I guess the intervention strategies part involves placing the right people at the right job, or somethin' or other. :confused: Okay, you managed to stump me...first time for everything! :lol: Here's a few links that might help:

This one or this one. Remember to cite your sources, dear!

SidLer said:

You've a sharp eye trent!

Wait, there's more! Syd's flat looks to be on the sixth or seventh floor, she has several thick books, pics of San Fran (?), there's what looks like two bottles of brandy bookending on the top of her desk...and what's that on the little end table? A Buddha in a box?

Yeah, I have WAY too much time on my hands...

OMG! I can't believe you researched that for me! Thanks a bunch trent! :D Yup, HRD stands for HR Development. You're not the only one who's stumped, I'm majoring in Business HR and I'm as clueless as that movie Clueless. I'm so lame right now. :p Don't worry, I'll cite my sources. The first 3 lessons we had were about referencing. And the 4th and the 5th too. Geez, it's important. We get it already. :rolleyes: Anyway, thanks again! And yes, you've got WAYYY too much time on your hands! :lol: I'm jealous. :p

I won't believe that it's her too, Laetri. There are so many impersonators these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back