Jorjeous Jorja/Sara discussion part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A date is a fruit that grows on a palm tree and looks like this. They have a very sweet taste, and like Night mentioned, you could live off a handful of them in the desert. Here's a complete nutritional breakdown.

Dried dates make a nifty little snack. Gotta have that sugar rush. :D

Um, guys? I don't think it would be a good idea to mail Jorja any food, especially marshmallows. They're kinda gross after sitting around a few days. if you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you can you have any pudding if you don't eat your-

Instead, why don't we go over to the City of Kandor-er, I mean Jorja's site :lol: and drop a nice line or two (please, let's try to maintain some level of civil sanity), or better yet, check out the sites where you can help out. I'm sure she'd appreciate that a lot. :)

quoth_the_raven said:

Jorja eats kosher stuff all the time (hot dogs, beef, etc), and according to a PETA article she commented that you can't even tell the difference between kosher and the real stuff

Ipstenu said:

Buy kosher marshmallows. They're neither 'meat' nor 'dairy' which means they don't have any animal products in them.

What you guys mean is "tofu", or made from soybeans, not kosher, which is something totally different. Tofu is curdled soy milk formed into blocks. It can be used to make a variety of dishes like burgers, dogs etc. I've had it a few times and it tastes really good. And soy milk? Yummy stuff, especially the flavored ones.

Hmm, dates sound kind of good. :D Ooh, and I love tofu (but I'm weird like that :lol: :p)

:lol: Yeah, mailing food wouldn't be a good idea. I wouldn't eat food someone mailed to me, either :lol: I'm too paranoid about that kind of stuff, and yeah, sitting in a mail bin for a few hours everyday in this 110 degree heat surely wouldn't help whatever was sent :lol:

:lol: About the kosher thing: You know what? I didn't think that was right when I typed it :lol: (Me: ...Kosher? No, I don't think that's right, but... oh well!) :lol:

Anyways, about visiting the sites to help out- my sis is a PETA member (my dog took her PETA card :lol: :p), and I get the PETA news thingy in my email every week :p

I'm amazed that Jorja turned vegan, though, and that a lot of other people have been able to do it. I would be a vegetarian if I could, believe me, but... I get discouraged by many parties *cough*Mom, Grandma, Dad*cough* because they all say that the substitutes for meat products taste terrible and that I need the calcium and protein from the meat. Another thing that hurts my chances of becoming a vegetarian is that I've been eating meat my whole life, and well... I like it :lol: :p But I love animals, so I'd definitely at least try!

I have become a vegetarian about a month ago, and going strong! At first I was kind of worried about it because I used to love steak and stuff but the fake meat does alright. :)
I don't know that I could be vegan though. I think vegetarianism is as far as it goes for me. I don't think that I could cut every single thing out. LOL.
~Sarah

We could send marshmallow pictures :cool: ok, I know, not right, I just really wanted to send the marshmallows :lol:

And [bo]quoth the raven [/b] I'm the same, If I could become a vegetarian, I would....but to be honest, I like it too much *looks asahamed* But yup same as you love animals, and it's way more healthier not to eat meat, so I'd give it a try :p

To all the vegetarians/vegans over here and out there, I salute you. :) It took willpower and discipline when you first started out didn't it? I'm a carnivore. I can't live without my meat. I'm not too fond of red meat but I like chicken. And the worse thing is I hate veggies. :( When I was younger I used to pinch my nose when I chew it and force myself to swallow. My taste buds despise green food.

I think someone has mentioned before that Jorja turned vegetarian when she bit into a hamburger. Or was it a Subway sandwich? I'm sure one day when biting into a 5000-calorie burger, I'll realize that vege-living is the way to go. Yeuch! :p Calorie-laden hamburgers. I'm turned off already. *shudder*

Girls, we've devoted almost an entire page talking about marshmallows. We ought to be proud of ourselves. :lol: Jorja's gonna think we're a bunch of loonies. :eek:

I hardly ever eat meat, only sometimes on pizza or something... But I could easily live without it... My mom almost never cooks stuff with meat in it and if she only did it because of my stepfather.
I could never kill an animal, just to get it's meat and I could never cook meat... I once had to carry a plastic bag with meat in it and I almost dropped it, just at the feeling of raw meat in my hands.
I don't know if I could become a vegan, though... I don't think eating eggs or something is like killing an animal.
The tofu stuff really tastes good :D You only have to cook it the right way, because plain it tastes like nothing xD

No I meant what I said. Kosher marshmallows, ones that are parve, are made of plant and have no animal product in them. Parve means 'no animal, no dairy.'

Admittedly there are a LOT of fakes out there, but the real stuff? Good for vegans :)

I'm with you Night. I don't know if I can become a vegan. I'm not a vegetarian at the moment, but I think I can become one if I really want to. I don't think I'll ever be able to stop eating ice cream. Not to mention chocolates. I've heard of some that are made of soy, but I don't think those tastes as good.

I wonder if Jorja likes to eat tofu products? I think I read somewhere that she shops for them. But I'm not too sure about this.

Talking about vegetarianism reminds me of that one scene in Burden of Proof. Remember when Grissom told Sara to get rid of the raw meat after he's done with his experiment? That was really insensitive of him. She had to remind him that she's a vegetarian and that everyone there knows that. Except him obviously. Poor Sara.

I personally don't know what Jorja eats, but I'm a vegetarian (planning on becoming a vegan as soon as I move away from my parents') and I eat a lot of soy products, such as soyburgers, tofu and silk (i.e. soy milk) and I like their taste very much. Besides I've never liked meat and fish (my mom had to force me to eat them), so it's not like I miss them or something. Someone is afraid that becoming a vegetarian/vegan may cause some damage to their health, but it's not like that at all. For instance, I've been a vegetarian for six years by now, and my doctor says I'm one of the healthiest people he's ever seen, so...

Just look at Jorja: if I hadn't been a vegetarian when I fell for her, I would have become hoping to become like her! :lol:

Yeah I have been a vegitarian since like 3rd grade except for one week at camp where they didn't have ANYTHING vegitarian. I don't eat eggs but I eat dairy.

I sent a bag of kosher marshmallows today with a note explaining them and the link to the part where the marshmallows began. I hope she gets them!

You've sent her some marshmallows Laetri? That's great! :) I'm sure it'll reach her and I really hope she'll be the one who reads the note. Okay everybody, let's behave ourselves. We don't want her to think we're a bunch of loonies, do we?

Hehehehehe! Not possible! :p :lol:

Okay, do you guys have any clue how many times I have listened to that interview with Simon Mayo?? :lol: It's on my iPod and it comes on right after Sheryl Crow, so, uh... I don't do that on purpose! :p

One line in the interview made me smile when Simon was reading bits and pieces off of Wickipedia's Sara Sidle bio:

SM (Bwahahaha, I inadvertantly made an S&M reference :lol:): You hate bees.
Jorja: Is that true?

:lol: Always the animal-lover :p And apparently bug-lover! :D I can't kill bees, though, so I don't blame her! :p

I can't get the thought of Jorja writing an episode of CSI: out of my mind :lol: I think it'd be so interesting to see how she portrays all the different characters herself, including Sara :p I really would like to see what she has in store for all the characters :p I'd love to see what characters she centers on the most; would she center the most on Sara, or would she center on two other characters' relationships, or...?

:lol: I spend my free-time productively, obviously :lol: :p

Ooh, Laetri, you sent the marshmallows? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back