It's that time again--Holiday Card Swap!

From someone who worked for the United States Post Office before, (and yeah, I'm nuts enough to admit that) lemme help a little here.

Name
Address
City, State (this can either be spelled out, or abbreviated)
Zip Code (if applicable)
Country

Make SURE the country is the last thing on the bottom. Post office works from the bottom up, reading country, zip, state, city, street address. I have nine surnames on my door mailbox - our postman doesn't even look at the name anymore. If it's got my address on it, we get it. Hence, I get mail for my callname, Khanada. The way our organizer has it listed on the PM is how it should look. (Nice job, fearless leader). :cool:

Hope this helps.

Elsie said:
My husband has his own screenname (MrElsie) and has met some of the people on this forum so I suspect nothing would surprise him...
:devil: Indeed.

Faylinn said:
Elsie said:
My husband has his own screenname (MrElsie) and has met some of the people on this forum so I suspect nothing would surprise him...
:devil: Indeed.

The one quote I will forever remember your husband saying to us, directly after we climbed the mountain that almost killed me, as he was taking our picture with the Hollywood sign in the background:

"Everybody say SEX!"

That will always stick with me and the picture that followed it is hysterical. ALL of us were cracking up laughing. :lol:

Uncreative cards but with personal messages...though I will only be sending really personal cards to those I actually know personally (eg, those i met in LA).

althea said:
Okay so who else is suffering from some serious hand pain from all the writing?

Me! Me! Me! I got all but two of my cards addressed tonight at work, between orders, specimens, tubes, phones and setting the breakroom on fire during CSI: NY (don't ask). I'm working on something I hope will work out and be creative and all that junk, but I'm gonna keep it under wraps until I know for sure.

^^ thanks nat the icon is courtesy of LivingEnd :D

I am sitting here at work this morning in my tiny mousetrap of a cubicle writing out the cards when I should be working :lol: one of my colleagues peeked over the divider and assumed I was working he said wow your busy really early and I just nodded and ranted about how dedicated I am :lol: :lol: :lol:

althea said:
Okay so who else is suffering from some serious hand pain from all the writing?

:lol: yes! and my dyslexia increases significantly the more i write.

I am a creative person, but its exam time, and i don't have much time right now, so i mine are going to be some what boring. I will make it up by doing something spectacular next year :p

I am pulling an all nighter to get a paper done that is due on friday, which of course i haven't really started right now. I am very tempted to work on my cards though!

*raises hand* Me. :lol:

I'm suffering from a serious hand cramp from copying down all the addresses (so that I don't have to keep coming back to the computer to look at them). *whimper*

And then there's still the addressing of the cards and writing a greeting on it...oh, dear.

I just realized that the list has close to 40 names, wow. That is cool. I didn't join in last year's card swap, what was the number last year? :) I'm glad I bought enough cards (40 to be exact), I figured it's better to have extra than not enough. Hehe.

yes! and my dyslexia increases significantly the more i write.

I know! And my brain seems to wander as I'm doing it because I sealed an envelope with a blank card inside it!! I was sitting here at odds did I just write in that card or not mmmm :confused: so to put my mind at ease I opened the envelope and found yep the BLANK CARD OMG if I had sent that out like that to you guys I would have died! The moral of the story is I CAN'T MULTI TASK so I have resolved to doing the cards one at a time. :lol:

^ If I had multi-tasked like you did, chances are that I would probably have sealed a blank card inside the envelope somewhere along the way too. :lol:

I managed to get about 20 out of the 38 cards addressed today. I think I have way too much free time, LOL. My brain isn't capable of coming up with anything creative, so a lot of the cards just contain generic greeting messages, with some variation from card to card. :eek:

So I'm warning y'all in advance, don't expect anything spectacular from me. :lol: And I'm sorry if my writing hurts your eyes, I am incapable of writing in a straight line if there are no lines to guide me. Haha. My words tend to tilt upwards in those situations...

Yes, all the pain from writing has subsided somewhat. Although the glittery cards I bought were clearly an error as I now have glitter everywhere!

Nevertheless, it's done and my cards are actually in the mail. :lol: Hurrah! So, British people, you'll probably receive them tomorrow or Saturday and as for everyone else, hopefully some time next week... :) But yes, they aren't very exciting and I really didn't know what to write so they are all very similar I'm afraid.

^ Oh, I hear you, Elsie. I bought cards with glitter on them as well. I've got them all over my hands, and on whatever that I've touched since then. Meaning, my computer keyboard, clothes, etc. Yikes. :lol:

I should be sending out my cards within the next few days. It'll take about 2-3 weeks for my cards to get to the US and UK, so the earlier the better. ;) I just hope I didn't have a brain fart and addressed some cards wrongly...sometimes my hand-eye coordination is a little wonky. I write down something different than what my eyes are reading. :lol:

Back