It's that time again--Holiday Card Swap!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by lookaboomerang, Nov 1, 2007.

1. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

Due to the success of last year's card swap, I have decided to organize this little beauty again this year! :D Yes, it is the day after Halloween and yes, there still is one more holiday before Christmas/Hannukah/etc, but last year was a bit of a stretch and very rushed. The whole thing was a total after thought and I was still getting cards after Christmas.

So, here is the deal this year. Kick this thing off today, and I'll send out a total list on November 26th. I think that'll be plenty of time for everyone to get out and buy their cards and have them sent out in time, even for our international friends.

I'm working this the same way as last year. Basically, if you don't send me your address, you don't get a list. It's just that simple. If you decide that you would like to participate, send me a PM with your full name and your address EXACTLY how it is to appear on the envelope. Your address will not be shared with anyone who does not participate and I asked last year, and will again this year, that after you send out your cards, please destroy the list.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! And which ever mod rolls her butt out of bed first, could we please sticky this? :D

2. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Sweet! :D

I loved last year's card swap and was totally looking forward to doing it again so thanks for bringing it up!

3. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I sticky for you. (Boy, does that sound wrong.)

This is cool. :D I don't think I was part of last year's so yay! I won't blame anyone for not sending me any though. I am very far away from the US. :lol:

4. CSI808

CSI808 Rookie

This was SOOOO fun last year! I'm so in! I'll PM you my addy this week... I... need... sleep...

5. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

*raises hand* So...how exactly does the whole card swap thing work? :confused: I am very new at this. Correct me if I'm wrong, we PM you our addresses, and when the full list is sent out, we get Christmas cards and mail them off to all the people on the list? It's okay if we're not from the US? I'm on the other side of the world. :D

6. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

^Yep, that's how it worked. I got cards from as far away as the Phillipines last year. It was a fun project. Thanks for organizing, lookaboomerang!

7. Lessien_Tinuviel

Wow, sounds like a really fun thing to do! Count me in! :D

lookaboomerang, I'll be PM-ing you my address in a bit. ;) And thanks for organizing this!

8. misfitcena

misfitcena Victim

hey i'm new can i do the card swap thing??

9. Lessien_Tinuviel

I'm pretty sure everyone's welcome to join in the card swap, right? ;) I'm a first-timer myself.

10. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

Wow!! Fantastic, count on me for this little (have I said little?).. great project!!

I wasn't here for last year's card, but I'm so happy I can participate now!

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

11. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

So let me get this straight. I send you my adress, then I do a card and send it someone on the list? I'm not getting it :confused:

12. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Step 1: You send her your address;
    Step 2: On November 26th, she will compile a list of all of the addresses she has received and send them in a single list to everyone who wants to participate;
    Step 3: You send a holiday card to everyone whose address you have received, and they will do the same.
    Step 4: After you send out your cards, you delete the email with the list of people's addresses.

Pretty simple. ;)

13. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

It works just like Lookaboomerang and Springmoon laid out. It's simple, doesn't take too much time to write out the cards and it's kinda fun to receive an assload of cards in return.

Thanks to Lookaboomerang for organizing this fun little project once again. It was a big hit last year.

For any newbies who might be shocked at the idea of giving out your home address, rest easy -- as far as I know, no one was stalked or killed as a result of coughing up their info last year. :lol: In fact, in the two years I've been on this board, I've freely given up my real name and address for many, many projects and never had a problem. We're a pretty cool group. :D

Kimmy and any others outside the US, you can definitely still participate and still expect that people will send you cards. When I took my fat stack of international mailings to the post office last year, I remember wondering if it would cost a fortune. Actually, the amount was so not a biggie that I don't even remember what it was. It doesn't cost as much to mail a card overseas as you might think, even if you're doing 25 of them at the same time.

14. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

Wow! This sounds cool! I'll PM you my address!

15. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

Ill PM you my address a bit later... this was tons of fun last year - I got cards from all over the place, I actually think I still have them too! :)