It's that time again--Holiday Card Swap!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by lookaboomerang, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

The two letters are the standard abbreviation for the state, so you don't need to write it out in full. I am also assuming that the addresses where no country is mentioned are all USA ones... ;)

I'm hoping to buy the rest of my cards today or tomorrow and go to the post office next Monday to send them. :)

Thanks for organising this lookaboomerang. :)

2. Cahill_Fan

Cahill_Fan Rookie

damn it - i can not believe i missed this by one day! oh well. hope everyone has fun with this, it was really fun last year.

3. Cara1090

Cara1090 Dead on Arrival

I'm so excited. Hopefully I can sent out all the cards by next week. I kinda feel a little though stupid for writing my full name. :lol:

4. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

*ALERT!*

I hope everyone gets to read this post, and that it doesn't get lost somewhere in the thread...:lol:

There is a small error in my address, which isn't lookaboomerang's fault, blame the crappy Microsoft Word. :eek:

Anyway, there's a part in my address that should read: #04-03. In the PM, the # is inexplicably replaced with a tiny "1".

5. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

Finally, we got the so waitted list! As you have already pointed out, we have a significant representation from all the continents, great!

I'm wondering the same here, how much are the stamps going to cost me? Anyway, it doesn't matter, this project really worths it. The stamps-thing is not about the money, it's just that I don't want any letter to get lost on the way.

*me going out to buy my stamps*

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

6. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Got the list, thanks a lot. Will start buying/sending out cards as soon as I get paid. ;)

7. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I bought some naughty -- well, low-key naughty really -- and nice cards yesterday. Now about when they will actually make it into the mail... I'm setting a target date of one week from today. I suppose I should send the ones out to family while I'm at it...

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yep, the two letters stand for the state (NC for North Carolina, for example), and the numbers are the zip code.

And yes, those are USA addresses. I didn't think to add anything at the end to indicate that--how would someone internationally have to note that on an envelope? (Out of curiosity, since I don't have that problem. :lol:)

I need to go buy some cards--I'll be getting nice cards for the most part, but I'm probably going to think of something to do for the rampant slash whores on the list. :devil:

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

:confused: If you mean how would someone note that you are in the USA on an envelope, then, as with any other country, adding the name or 'USA' in this case, at the end of the address should do the trick. ;) :p

I bought my cards this evening and, because I'm feeling organised, I'm planning to write them tomorrow and post them on Thursday.

Oh, and for the few of us from the UK, I worked out the postage costs and you'll be looking at £25... :eek: :)

10. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

11. Faylinn

Honey, I know it sounds obvious, but I've never had to send anything to the US from outside of it. :lol: So yeah, dumb question, but there you go. ;)

Wow. If that's similar to what it'll be for someone in the US, that's like $50--but we'll see. The holidays only come once a year. :p

12. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

It costs .90 USD to send a letter to pretty much anywhere outside of the country (thank you to the lovely increase earlier this year). So you're looking at something in the neighborhood of about $30 for postage I think.

If my math is bad, please shoot me.

13. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

*Hugs* Sorry if I offended you.

Yeah, I looked up US postal costs (because I was bored) and once I had worked out what an ounce would weigh in grams I came to the same conclusion as Springmoon. :lol: The UK is expensive.

14. Faylinn

No, I wasn't offended, I just knew it sounded stupid. :lol:

Hmm, $30 is better than $50, definitely. :p

15. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

There a lot of international ones this year! Crazy! I will be getting my cards this weekend, I hope :)

On my return address on my international cards I can put USA on them :) i have nifty Christmas return labels I am excited to use for cards instead of bills! :lol:

It is going to be damn expensive methinks to mail these suckers out., but $30 isn't that bad :D