"If I Had A Hammer…" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 20, 2009.

1. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I personally can't wait for this episode. It's about time Marg got some good material to work with this season.

I'm torn. I don't want Cat to be wrong, but I think that it would be awesome to have her really look at herself as a leader, to struggle with that self-doubt. I'm sure she'll be right though, and will have her be right at the end.

2. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

CBS has a clip up. Usually it's the opening scenes. It's Nick, Catherine, and Ray going over the old site and evidence found. Ecklie shows up near the end. I don't know what's said, lost my sound half way through. :(

Susan

3. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

There is another clip on the site I can not mention that shows Catherine talking about the print and it's smiley face characteristic.

And Nick looks Hot in this promo!!!! And he is moving so much better too.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I am so happy that we'll be getting lots of Catherine in this episode (at least we should). I love Cath and have missed her a lot since Ray joined the team. I am really looking forward to seeing this one :).

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Same here!

6. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

That's the clip they showed during Marg's appearance on the Rachael Ray show this morning. That happy face comment DEFINITELY has to be a nod to Marg & Henry previously working together in "Happy Face Murders". I was LOL when I saw that part of the clip. :lol:

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I really enjoyed this episode. it was a team effort and a very interesting case. Really great episode, and it was so nice to finally have Catherine in the forefront.

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah I agree. As big of a Ray fan as I'm getting to be, we need more from the other characters.

9. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

This episode made me realize just how much this new Graveshift team is just that - a team.

Summary points:
    In a small bit on tonight’s ET, Marg made mention that this episode was based on a real-life case. Interesting.

Eddie & Lindsey references. A Grissom reference, Cath & Conrad scenes.. they all made me put on a "happy face" LOL

Oh how I adore thee Marg Helgenberger. As Catherine Willows, you ROCK!

I loved watching Marg & Henry square off again. It’s been a long time since Happy Face Murders, and they’ve both grown so much as actors.

Loved seeing Charlotte Ross – even if it was for a short time

I loved the fact that Brass seemed to be Catherine’s closest confidant, and he was giving her a bit of a pep talk and keeping her believing in herself.

A short Wendy/Hodges moment (just a look) – a continuation from the previous episode? Nice.

I love the fact that the team never seemed to doubt Catherine for a moment – even when Nick came up with prints results that didn’t match Jeremy Kent, he never gave the hint that he doubted her. They just started looking for other scenarios.

I like that they didn’t have Ray be too Grissom-esque as they’ve had him in the past. In this one, it seemed to be Ecklie that was a bit of the Grissom persona.

Decent Riley, Greg, Wendy and Nick moments. This whole episode had a real ‘team’ feel to it, even though Cath was the main focus.

It was nice for them to show how much forensic technologies have advanced in 15 years. Like not having ALS back then to discover the bloody hammer impression, and showing the heightened fingerprint (with the happy face).

my full review can be found here

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I felt bad for Catherine as she walked by Grissom's old office. It almost seemed as if she wished he were there to help her through this. It was nice that Brass filled in this role.

11. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

Awesome, awesome, awesome. This is why I fell in love with the series. Marg is an amazing actress, and I love that she was finally able to showcase her talent this season.

Loved the scenes with Brass, and the mentions of Lindsay and Eddie. Catherine's face is just like...wow, like she couldn't believe he actually went there. Well played out by Marg.

Great episode. :)

12. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I really enjoyed this episode, for once a team aspect was felt though out.

I loved Hodges' line about evidence being planted after Cath and Rya found the hammer growing in the neighbor's tree.

13. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

I really liked this episode. We haven't had a Catherine centered episode for such a long time, it's nice to know she's still the same feisty Catherine from season 1 who doesn't give up. I'm glad she had an episode for herself, and I loved the team moments. I liked seeing her and Brass interact like she and Grissom used to.

I guess the only thing I didn't like was how little Greg, Nick, and Riley were used. I love Ray and everything, but it seemed as if he was the one Catherine was turning to instead of Nick and Greg who have always been there for her. At least they were involved in the case. Oh well, I guess something's better than nothing.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That's who that woman was! I was trying to figure that out the whole time! :lol: Thanks for posting that. It was bugging me.

Loved the Grissom and Eddie references and the mention of Linds.

I agree that Ecklie did seem kind of Grissom-esque. :lol: Loved seeing him again, though I wonder if he's doing double duty as the new undersheriff and lab director. :lol:

The long haired guy in the prison looks familiar.

Nick + partially open shirt = :drool:

Blood in the shape of a hammer... hmm....

the hammer is grown into the tree. :lol: That looked so weird. Loved Cath's expression too.

Hodges: As of now Catherine Willows, you are a rockstar. :lol: So, true, Hodges.

Brass: Don't let him live rent free in your head. :lol:

Really loved the Brass/Cath scene.

Greg: Sometimes there's honor among thieves.

Riley burned her yearbooks and it was cathartic. :lol: I shredded mine- fire makes me nervous... but yeah, cathartic definitely. :D

Love Cath saying she's saving her sympathy for the victim. :thumbsup:

Loved the episode. Cath finally got the spotlight and the team interaction was great, the screentime was evened out nicely amongst everyone. Ecklie even got several scenes. Very nice. :) A+

15. electra

electra Pathologist

Sneak peaks can be really deceiving for sure.The team never doubted Catherine even for a moment.And I am glad that despite that the technology was not the best in 1991,Cat gut instincts were right since the guy was guilty.That is one of her strongest features as a character.

And Marg is GREAT!!! She could made me feel exactly what catherine was going through.When she was edgy or feeling somewhat guilty.Her interactions with Ray,Nick and Brass were awesome too.

Excellent episode overall.:thumbsup: