"If I Had A Hammer…" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Destiny

Still Sanity Challenged!
Premium Member
Air Date: Thursday, April 23, 2009
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#921) "If I Had A Hammer…"

CATHERINE MUST RE-EXAMINE ONE OF THE VERY FIRST CASES SHE PROCESSED AS A CSI. - Catherine revisits one of the very first cases she worked as a CSI when the convicted felon in the murder (guest star Henry Thomas) claims the verdict was based on faulty evidence.

Trivia: Pre-production title of Case of the Mistaken Identity.

SERIES REGULARS:
Dr. Raymond Langston: Laurence Fishburne
Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
Nick Stokes: George Eads
Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
David Phillips: David Berman
Hodges: Wallace Langham
Wendy Simms: Liz Vassey
Riley Adams: Lauren Lee Smith

RECURRING CAST:
Archie Johnson: Archie Kao
Conrad Ecklie: Marc Vann

GUEST CAST:
Jeremy Kent: Henry Thomas
Sabrina Owen: Charlotte Ross
Thomas Harrott: Adolphus Ward
ADA Vanderpool: John Prosky
Tyler Owen: John Bain
Clint Owen: Mark Totty
Middle-Aged Detective: Steve Seagren
Sabrina Littee: Brooke Newton

TELEPLAY BY: Allen MacDonald and Corinne Marrinan
STORY BY: Daniel Steck
DIRECTED BY: Brad Tanenbaum

Thanks To: The Futon Critic

A Allen MacDonald/Corinne Marrinan episode! Allen has been quite the busy writer this season. This is his fourth episode this season I believe? And Corinne's third. And the fact that they wrote a Catherine episode makes me even more happy. I'm wondering if Henry Thomas' character turns out to be guilty or innocent. :confused:

Looking forward to it.

Everytime I see this title, I think of a Bruce Cockburn song where there was a line that goes.."If I had a rocket launcher...":guffaw:

I can't wait to see this episode. It looks SO AWESOME.

And Shane, I love your icon!!

Thanks. Zsazsa made it. I really loved that scene and I enjoy the scenes that Langston and Catherine have together. The two play off each other extremely well and both are two highly intelligent, top class characters. Can't wait to see more scenes with the both of them.

I also like Ray and Catherine together.But again,I like Cat with almost everyone.She is just a complex an interesting character to watch.I can't wait for this episode!!:thumbsup:

I hope no one is too hard on Catherine, if she was wrong, well she's human. She working her first solo.

But tension in a group is always good for TV.

I don't know, from that preview I'd say it sounds like Cath is being harder on herself than anyone else is.

I can totally see Catherine blaming herself if she believes she put an innocent man on jail.Was there a similar episode with her in the past?

I can totally see Catherine blaming herself if she believes she put an innocent man on jail.Was there a similar episode with her in the past?

I was thinking that too, but I think it was the very first case she ever worked on went unsolved or wrong person in jail and she found out the person who really did was her mentor whose name was Jimmy I think. Either he did it or he planted evidence to make someone else look guilty in order to speed up the case. I can't recall which.

I was thinking that too, but I think it was the very first case she ever worked on went unsolved or wrong person in jail and she found out the person who really did was her mentor whose name was Jimmy I think. Either he did it or he planted evidence to make someone else look guilty in order to speed up the case. I can't recall which.

That's a good theory. Perhaps someone made it look that way.

That's a good theory. Perhaps someone made it look that way.

There's also 'The Execution of Catherine Willows'. The case was reopened, but I think in the end the guy was guilty anyway, and she witnessed his execution. Does that sound familiar to anyone else?

GNRF,yeah I remember that case .At the end,she was so disapointed with her "mentor" but did the right thing.It will be good Catherine drama anyway.

I believe it's Felonius Monk that you're talking about, but I don't think she worked on the original case because it happened when she was still dancing and the victim was actually her own best friend Stephanie back in her dancing days. Stephanie was Jimmy's girlfriend and Jimmy wanted to convict someone, anyone as soon as possible. He believed this guy had killed her but there was no hard evidence so he framed him. The case was reopened because the man convicted claimed he was innocent before he died.

I remember we got a flashback of Catherine in her dancing cosrume. lol.

LOL Yeah, that flashback amused me.

And yes, Felonious Monk involved Catherine's best friend Stephanie.

The Execution of Catherine Willows involved the guy that was dying and said that he didn't do the case. I think it was Catherine's first death penalty case. I remember being disappointed because when they brought back the Blue Paint Killer it turned into a Grissom case.

Back