Icon Tutorials - - To help with your icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is the right place to post this question, but I was wondering how you make moving avatars? Like the ones abc and csimania has.

life_style said:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this question, but I was wondering how you make moving avatars? Like the ones abc and csimania has.

You need a program such as ImageReady or Animation shop. :)

And Lizzy, nice tutorial. :D

Hey there, I wasn't sure if this was the right place to ask for help or not but I thought I would give it a try. I'm currently using the Paint Shop Pro x trial and I have NO idea what I'm doing. When ever I put a picture at 100 x 100 it looks to up close. Can someone help?

speedmonkey2 said:
Hey there, I wasn't sure if this was the right place to ask for help or not but I thought I would give it a try. I'm currently using the Paint Shop Pro x trial and I have NO idea what I'm doing. When ever I put a picture at 100 x 100 it looks to up close. Can someone help?

^Is it the way you're cropping it?

I have no idea, I have no clue what i'm doing. I don't even think I know what cropping means. Sorry, I'm new to this whole icon making business.

Ok, thanks tuesdaymorning. And when I go to resize it and I type in 100 x 100 the width stays at 100 but the heigth goes to 56 or something like that....what do I do?

Sorry If I sound like a complete idiot. I just have no clue what i'm doing.

It's because of how you're cropping it. The best thing about Paint Shop Pro X is that you can type in your dimensions first hand.

Let's say we have a picture and we go to crop it, and if you look up at your width and height, you'll see something like 345 x 264 and in order to get it to a perfect square, you'll want to change 345 to 264 to match the height. So now you have 264 x 264. So then crop that and then resize to 100 x 100. ;)

And don't feel stupid for asking questions. ;D I'm sure you're not the only one with the same question.

Program used: Photoshop Elements 4.0

That's great! I have that program and I though I couldn't make icons or graphics because I didn't have PSP 7 or above! I have hope now! Thank you. :D

Great tutorial btw abc!

csi_fanatic87 said:
Program used: Photoshop Elements 4.0

That's great! I have that program and I though I couldn't make icons or graphics because I didn't have PSP 7 or above! I have hope now! Thank you. :D

Yeah, all of my icons are made in Photoshop Elements. I know it's somewhat easier, but it doesn't have everything CS has.

Great tutorial btw abc!

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back