Icon Tutorials - - To help with your icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
These tutorials are great, and really helpful. Thanks :)
Looks like i'll be busy most of the night experimenting :D

can someone help me finding wurlocke's colorburn tutorial?

I love your's shane and thanks for putting pics in makes it a lot easier :)

Love everyone's tutorials their awesome and it'll help me improve with my icons. I'm going to try one out later on. But i love your tutorials AlexxWoods.

I don't have a website to put this tutorial on, so I'll just post it here. It's for Adobe Photoshop, but I'm sure in can be translated.
----

1. First off, pick a picture to use and crop it however you like. The effect works better if the cap is a darker one, but it really doesn't matter.

I found a beautiful cap of Sara and decided to crop it like this.

2. Duplicate the layer twice and set the blending mode to Screen for both layers.

tut2.jpg

3. Press ctrl+shift+E to merge down all existing layers. Then duplicate the background twice and set both of the blending modes to Soft Light.

tut3.jpg

4. Merge all of the layers again. Once you've done that, duplicate the background again and set it to Screen. Adjust the opacity until it doesn't look to bright. Mine is set to 20%.

5. Then go to Filter>Sharpen>Sharpen. If it looks too sharpened, click Edit>Fade Sharpen and drag the bar until it is set to your liking. I put mine to 24%.

6. Add text and any other additions you want and voila!

0ff0bfbe.jpg

This is a very basic Photoshop coloring tutorial to make your icons vibrant without using layers and textures, etc. In short, this is for the beginners or the lazy ones out there :lol:
Go from
fal.jpg
to
colorfal.jpg

or from
this to to this

1. Crop your image to 100x100.

2. Go To Image>>Adjustments>>
select all the 'Autos':
Auto Levels, Auto Contrast, Auto Color

3. Sharpen the image to your own liking. (Filter>>Sharpen) If the picture seems dark, duplicate the layer and set it to Screen. I had mine at Screen 20% opacity, just to highlight some areas. Then I flattened the layers. (Layer>>Flatten Image)

4. Go to Image>>Adjustments>>Hue/Saturation.
Here is what the Hue/Saturation window will look like. I added +30 in the Saturation to make the colors vibrant. You can play with the numbers until you reach the desired color you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back