Icon Tutorials - - To help with your icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna make new icons with this tutorial, Macayla, thank you so much!!! :)

And MissRoosFox, your tutorial is great! :D

I've made my first icon tutorial

from
base01.png
to
result01.png

Made with PSP 8

Click

awesome tuts everyone :)

i've got a question, i'd like to buy a PSP but i don't know which ones are good and fairly cheap. i don't plan on buying anything for a couple of hundred dollars, but i've seen for example a Corel PSP for like 50 bucks. would anyone recommend me something?

I don't know much about PSP, but Corel PSP is pretty old, I think. I think those are good-working too, but I'm not sure.

Love your tutorial, Lauw!

ETA; Adzix, I googled around for you, and the Corel PSP versions are pretty new. A Jasc PSP version is older. I have had PSP 7 for a short while, and the programme was pretty good :)

Lauw I love yout tutorial! But I'm stuck. I have PSP 9, I know you made it with 8. But I'm guessing I have the same stuff on it as 8? I can't find the blend mode??

If I'm right, PSP works with layers too. I'm almost sure. Now, if you go to the layer palette (if PSP has one) I'm sure you'll find something saying Normal, and if you click it, it has to view several options, like Screen or Soft Light or something like that.

Here's a screencap I found on the internet:

tv5hx1.gif

Hope I helped ;)

Ohhhh yay, after some fiddling around, I found it. Thank you Roos. (It was hiding all along :lol: )

Adzix, I googled around for you, and the Corel PSP versions are pretty new. A Jasc PSP version is older. I have had PSP 7 for a short while, and the programme was pretty good
thank you so much Roos! i just found some free versions of Corel PSP 10 and i'm also downloading a PSP 8.0.1 - i think they are some time limited try versions. i'm gonna try them out. thank you for help :)

if anybody still has some advices for me, i'll be happy to hear them.

I've never made an icon, but I'd like to. I downloaded GIMP and I'm totally lost now :) Is there a good tutorial for this program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back