Icon Tutorials - - To help with your icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! I made my first tutorial. I hope you guys will find it useful. :)

Coloring Tutorial made in Photoshop CS

Go from
1a.png
to
1b.png

...over here...

CSIVegasMiamiNY said:
Thank You!!!! :) Im now making hundreds of icons (not very well, but, hey! Im making them!) and bothering mum by emailing them to her going, "does this look OK??????" I will have to bother you guys later with some, lol :lol: But right now, Im off to make more icons, and find more pictures!!! But, can I ask a question? Where do you guys get your fonts and textures and brushes and things from? If anyone could help me, Id really appreciate it!

*scurries off to find more pictures, and attack the photos!* :lol:

i get a lot of my brushes from here and as for fonts i use dafont.com mostly but if you just do a google search you can find tons of sites with free fonts.

Omg amazing tutorials.. I didn't have pay much attention to icons until now.. pretty cool icons.. I thought I couldnt do it but I can cause I have PSP 8.0.. I do banners but I thought .. icons were made in other program cause in animation shop I didn't really find much effects.. and Now I get it how can I do some good icons and with the animation shop I even could do some icons that move..

I used one of the icon tutorials to make the icon i'm using right now of Elle Greenaway from Criminal minds, it was really easy to follow and i only got stuck on one thing but i haven't used that bit. I used the icon tute with the Love Actually icon as an example, not sure if anyone will recognise that.

I might have ago at some others too.

Does anyone know of an icon tutorial (I use psp 9) to show me what to do with textures?

I have pretty much mastered some basics, but there are loads of brushes and textures that I think would be great, if only I knew what to do with them! :)

Hey everyone!
I've scanned over the topics and still need some help. I imported and edited a mpeg, made it the right size and everything, but now when I try to save it, I can't seem to save it as anything but a .psd
I'm using ImageReady right now. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

Try using save optimmized as thats the only one thing I can think of.

Now I need some help. When I got my font for icons on 8pt they come out very huge for some reason and I even checked the resolution and thats on 72. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks Rellaaaa! That worked :D

ETA- so I finally got my avatar made, but now it's too large (over 60k). Anyone know how to fix that? Thanks in advance :)

CSIVegasMiamiNY said:
But the problem I have is...WTF is a blending mode? And how do I set it to soft light? I may be being sooooo stupid, but any help would be appreciated!

No worries, that's not a stupid question. The blending mode can be changed by the drop-down menu above the layers window.

Click here for the screencapture

Does that answer your question? :)

ETA: Whoops, didn't see that someone had already replied.

Does anyone know of or could make a tutorial on a simpler way to make animations? By that I mean, instead of layer-by-layer (which is how I do it now) is there an easier way of seperating each frame into seperate layers? Because the way I do it takes ages.

To make mine, I have to open up the WMP. file into Windows Movie Make and cap the screen frame by frame pasting each frame into a seperate layer and then cropping the whole thing. There must be an easier way.

Well, with Animation Shop (I have 3) you can import clips, but only with the file format .mpg or .mpeg and then you can select which frames you want to import..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back