Icon Tutorials - - To help with your icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First things first: Do you have Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro or some other image editing program?

I wanted to get PSP X but was unable so I settled for Ulead GIF Animator. Does anyone have a link or something to tutorial(s) for this program? I'm lost on how to use it.

Hey people! What I want is not exactly what this thread is for, but is the closer one :p . The other day I got the 100th post and I put this lovely avvie by lill_T http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/sonjadeluxe23/miami/ryan_14.png but I got this message:
Hello,

It appears that your avatar (the image below your name in each of your posts) is in violation of our rules.

All avatars must be GIF, JPG, or PNG images, with dimensions less than 319 pixels wide and 239 pixels tall.

JPG and PNG images may be no larger than 20,480 bytes (20k), and GIF images may be no larger than 61,440 bytes (60k).

The avatar utility reported the following problems with your image:
The image is too large. PNG and JPG images may be no larger than 20k (20,480 bytes)

Could someone resize it or something so i could be able to use it? Please pleasee!!
Lota of love!

THANX sweetie!!!! ;)
Lots of love!!

Oooops... They sent me the same message again!... :( I don't understand why... Maybe you didn't resize it well or something... :(

Now it works again! :confused: :lol: I don't understand this but it works anyway so... Thanx again!

My first ever tut.
I didn't use and Icon, but it can work with one!

go from this:
monroebanner.png
to this:
monroebanner2.png

Made is PSP8 but can work for other programs.
fullof_grace.livejournal.com

My crop botton is messed, when ever i want to make it 100x100 it always makes it hudge no matter if i use In or Cm, does anyone know whats wrong with it?

t0g0SzMaNdAL0vEr: your welcome and glad it's working. Sometimes you need to close your whole browser before trying again.

csikickurass: What program do you use? Did you only used In or Cm or did you also used pixels? As In and Cm are different sizes than pixels and make it huger.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction! I am learning (very early stages) how to make icons. I am using paint shop pro 9, I have managed to rezise, crop and brighten the image etc. I have two new problems that I can't master: Firstly, getting text on to the image (I kind of managed but it was in the wrong place?) and secondly, it looks fine on the screen but when I save the image it is a bit pixellated? :confused:

I would be very grateful if someone can help me out, or direct me to somewhere that will give me the answers in simple language! :)

Edited, just to say I have worked out the text thing, but the pixellating is still a problem!

Thank you so so so much for doing this. Especially the Danny one. I get to learn and have eye candy all at once ;)

You're welcome :)

Elsie said:
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction! I am learning (very early stages) how to make icons. I am using paint shop pro 9, I have managed to rezise, crop and brighten the image etc. I have two new problems that I can't master: Firstly, getting text on to the image (I kind of managed but it was in the wrong place?) and secondly, it looks fine on the screen but when I save the image it is a bit pixellated? :confused:

I would be very grateful if someone can help me out, or direct me to somewhere that will give me the answers in simple language! :)

Edited, just to say I have worked out the text thing, but the pixellating is still a problem!
I'm using Image ready to save icons, but maybe I can point you in the right direction.
I have to fill this in, make sure that when you save a file everything is filled out at 100 and maximum (highest quality)
Don't know if this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back