I Suck At Cooking!

Thank god. Common sense it sorely lacking for me in the kitchen! :eek:

:lol:

I have olive oil, balsamic v., and some garlic, also some lemon... I just always have problems with the proportions.

oh we can do wonders with those Baba!! your friends will think youre a cooking genious. if you slice your bread and put a teeny bit of olive oil on each side then put it under the broiler for a minute or two each side til its brown you can rub a garlic clave over it to get its oils into the bread. then when you dip it in the oil youll have garlic flavour even if its plain oil. you can also put bruscetta on top of the bread, then shredded mozzerella and put it back in the oven to melt the cheese.

oh! an other one i made last year was soooo good. if you get that goat cheese thats in a log you can cut round pieces. chop up some parsley and sage and mix them with ground pepper. dip the cheese in the herbs and then wrap with half a piece of procuitto (sp? its itallian cured ham) put in a frying pan just to heat it up on each side then put on the garlic toast i described before. its like little pieces of heaven :D

Man oh man, those recipes sound delicious.

Here's one I found for falafel, one of my favorite dishes:

INGREDIENTS:

* 2 cups chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
* 4 cloves garlic - peeled and sliced
* 3 tablespoons peanut butter
* 1 green onion, chopped
* 1 onion, cut into chunks
* 1 egg
* 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon corn oil
* 4 pita breads
* lettuce
* tomatoes
* tahini sauce

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a food processor or blender puree chickpeas. To the chickpeas add garlic, peanut butter, green onion, onion, egg, coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper and soy sauce; process until well mixed. Shape into balls, using about 1 tablespoon for each.
2. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Brown balls on all sides.
3. Warm pita breads, cut egdes. Stuff in pita balls, add lettuce, tomato and tahini sauce on top.

And I'd also have a cup for cumcumber sauce for dipping...

I prefer Greek olive oil over butter anyday, anytime. My mom uses is with practically every meal she makes. Anyhoo, it's time for another recipe:

Pastichio - Baked Macaroni With Ground Beef

Ingredients:

The Filling:
1 tablespoon Butter
2 lbs. Ground Beef
1 small, finely chopped Onion
1 clove Garlic
2 teaspoons Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
chopped Parsley
1/2 cup White Wine
2-3 peeled and diced or Tomatoes
1 lb. can Tomatoes
1 egg whites Eggs

The Sauce:
1/2 cup Butter
3/4 cup Flour
4 hot cups Milk
Salt
Pepper
Nutmeg
1 cup grated (or Parmesan) Kefalotiri Cheese
2 and 2 egg yolks Eggs

1 lb. Macaroni
1 tablespoon Salt
2 tablespoons Butter
1 cup grated (or Parmesan) Kefalotiri Cheese

Directions:

For the filling:
Heat the butter in a large frying pan and saute the ground beef and onion until slightly browned. Add remaining ingredients, except egg white, cover and cook over a medium heat; allow to cool and add egg whites.

To make the sauce:
Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan, add the flour and cook stirring constanly for 1 minute. Add the milk all at once, and stir until the sauce is smooth. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese, eggs and egg yolks.

Cook the macaroni in salted boiling water until soft but firm. Drain and return to the pan. Add the butter.

Butter a baking pan and put in half the macaroni. Sprinkle with cheese and cover with the meat filling. Top with remaining macaroni. Sprinkle with cheese and cover with the sauce. Sprinkle top with the rest of the cheese and cook in a moderate oven for about 45 minutes or until golden brown. Leave for 20 minutes then cut into square pieces and serve.

I am a master cook, :p And I have created the world's yummiest vegetarian(but not vegan) casserole!!! I'm eating some as I type. If anyone wants the recipe let me know, :D

It features rigatoni, 4 cheeses, tomato sauce, spinach(lots), and various spices.

Well my mom used to make a really simple one, just brown bits of ground beef in a frying pan, drain the grease, and add it to the spaghetti sauce of your choice :)

You were probably looking for a more "classy" recipe, but that's the best I've got, sorry :p

Haha nope. I'm just looking for something pretty simple atually. I'm going to try your recipe actually. My family is pretty picky so something simple like that would be fab! Thanks :D

I am so bad at cooking. It isn't even funny. I was trying to make popcorn in the microwave and I freaking burnt it. Then I was making a bowl of cereal and ended up spilling the milk everywhere and then after that I knew I was never meant to cook. It's actually kind of sad, but I've learned to deal with it.

WolfeSanders said:
I am so bad at cooking. It isn't even funny. I was trying to make popcorn in the microwave and I freaking burnt it.

That's nothing, I know someone who was making popcorn in their office and let's just say the fire department had to come. :rolleyes: :eek:

thanks to jamie oliver (the naked chef) for introducing my family to the most delicious roasted chicken ever:
-whole chicken (about 2 pounds)
-large lemon, peel and chop the zest, but save the rest
-8 slices procuitto
-2 cloves finally chopped garlic
-a handful each of thyme and rosemary sprigs chopped, plus a few extra whole
-half a cup softened butter

salt and pepper the chicken inside and out. mix together the butter, lemon zest, herbs, procuitto, and garlic. now, here comes the fun part. stick your hand between the chicken skin and the breast meat, making a pocket. also try to loosen the skin over the legs. take the butter mixture and shove it into the pockets under the skin youve created. try to get it all the way down the breasts and into the legs too. cut the lemon in half and stick it inside the cavity of the chicken along with a few whole sprigs of rosemary and thyme.
bake the chicken as you normally would, making sure its reached the proper internal temperature (sorry, i dont have the temp and times off hand right now!) i swear, you will never want a different kind of chicken ever again!

Greek style baked potatoes

INGREDIENTS

1,5 kg potatoes 1/2 cup olive oil lemon juice oragano salt pepper

METHOD
Wash and peel the potatoes. Chop them in small pieces and dredge them with salt, pepper and oregano. Spread them in a baking pan, pour olive oil and lemon juice and bake in medium temparature (180 C) for an hour.

Someone wanted a spaghetti bolognese recipe?
This is my favourite meal and I love making it.
you need (for 4-5 people)
2 tablespoons oil
500g minced beef
1 onion
2-3 cloves of garlic (depends on taste)
2 tins of plum tomatoes
1 pack of dried spaghetti (use roughly 75g per person)
dried mixed herbs
Pinch of salt

1: Chop the onion up into small pieces.
2: Heat 1 tablespoon of oil up in a large saucepan and add the onion.
3: Peel and crush/chop the garlic and add to the onions. Fry until they are just browning.
4: Add the minced beef and fry until brown (about 5-10 mins). Carefully drain away the excess fat (this makes it taste much better, trust me).
5: Add the tins of tomatoes and mix well, chopping up the tomatoes into smaller chunks with a wooden spoon as you mix. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer over a low heat. Add mixed herbs to taste.
6: Fill a large pan with water. Add the salt and 1 tablespoon of oil. Bring to the boil and then add the spaghetti. Slowly coil in until the spaghetti is completely covered by the water,cover and simmer.
7: Simmer the spaghetti for 10-12 minutes.
8: Once spaghetti is done, drain well in a colander and pour boiling water over it (this helps to stop the spaghetti sticking together).
9: Serve and enjoy!

for 2 people just use half the mince and tomatoes and half an onion.

OK, I'm too lazy to go back through and check if there is already a recipe for this... Does anybody have a good one for double chocolate cookies? Please include ingedients required if possible!

Not too demanding am I? :lol:

Back