howmany/what langueges do you speak?

I speak english (obviously- :lol:), my german is fairly good and I can understand simple texts in some other languages (french, spanish, dutch and italian) although I am not sure why! :confused:

evil_sibling said:
I speak english (obviously- :lol:), my german is fairly good and I can understand simple texts in some other languages (french, spanish, dutch and italian) although I am not sure why! :confused:

someone from the uk understanding Dutch!?! that's new to me!

I speak English as my mothertongue, and I'm doing GCSE French and German. I'm not very fluent in ANY language though! :lol: Half the time I can't speak my own language, let alone anyone else's language! That's why I'm developing my own sign language with my own rules, teach it to my friends, so when I'm crazy in the head and can't say the word, I can sign it my way and still be understood.

I know a couple of words in Spanish & Italian.

CSIannalysse said:
I speak English as my mothertongue, and I'm doing GCSE French and German. I'm not very fluent in ANY language though! :lol: Half the time I can't speak my own language, let alone anyone else's language! That's why I'm developing my own sign language with my own rules, teach it to my friends, so when I'm crazy in the head and can't say the word, I can sign it my way and still be understood.

I know a couple of words in Spanish & Italian.

Oehw I can speak in signs... well poorly but yeah I forgot that one (best friends little brothers deaf)

BlueCurl said:

I think I can read simple Dutch texts because I can understand german and english and apply my knowledge of those languages to similarities between them and Dutch; however I couldn't write or speak it! :)

Wow, cool topic, I haven't noticed it before.
1. Hungarian (my first language)
2. English (I have middle-level language exam)
3. French (I've been learning it for a year, so I'm bad at it :D) But English....OMG, that's the best language ever and my fave subject too :) I'm the best at it in my class :D

I can speak, read, and write in Italian and Spanish, my first languages, along with English, my third language, though I learned all three almost simultaneously. It is the same with French, though my husband has a better grasp since it was one of his primary languages, though other than trips overseas I don't find much use for it, beautiful as it is. I understand Gaelic and Portuguese and know how to communicate the bare minimum in both though I comprehend both. Growing up in New York I know a few choice phrases in many other languages, though for the purposes of telling someone where they can go and not for the purposes of conversation. :lol:

Ali

[/QUOTE] I'm from the US and I understand and Speak Dutch (but thats only because My family is Dutch)

English, Spanish, French, a little Russian and a little Portuguese, and Sign Language.

I asked my fiance how many languages he speaks and he just shrugged. His native tongue is Russian and he's always surprising me with yet some other language he can speak.

I speak Portuguese (native), English, French and a little German and I understand Spanish and Italian.

Back