How many non-US peeps here?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Kat1974, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NinaM

NinaM Hit and Run

I'm from Sweden.. all 3 shows air here.. started watching CSI when it started and thought it was a great show..it's still a good show but I'm just not as much intrested in it anymore.

Miami came on and I started watching that as well but is never really got into it, and no character really intrested me enough and today is my least favorite of the 3.

Took on NY when that came on but had a slight hard problem with season 1, maybe I felt it was a little to dark, but today NY is the favorite of the 3 shows and the only one I make sure to watch when it airs in the States. The rest of them I can wait until it airs here.

2. tiara4carmine

tiara4carmine Police Officer

Well the station here in Aus finally decided to start showing S3 again, we're up to Ride In - ep 17.

FINALLY, I get me sum Danny lovin :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. NinaM

NinaM Hit and Run

Well at the moment here in Sweden,,they are showing CSI season 7 and Miami season 5.. NY is on a break at the moment and I think are up to half in season 3.. but I'm making sure I get my dose of Danny :lol:

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Elise I never new that... it made me laugh though :lol:

Ok well I got in to cSI quite late on (probably about a year ago :eek:)! I think it was when csi miami S3 started over here I began watching it and beleive me I thought it was the GREAT!! But then I started to watch csi NY which played straight after and ummd and arrd about which was the best and for many months Miami came first!! But then I suddenly began to LOVE NY!! And bought the S1 DVDs(along with Miami S1 and S2 :)) Anyway when I saw the advert for NY S3 about Feb/March this year I went on the internet 'googling' for info when I found this site and I think I have posted on her most days since then!!! I do contine to watch Miami amd do catch the odd LV!

OK if you don't mind I want to ask a question...
    Fellow non-US peeps.... How did you find TALKCSI??

5. althea

althea Lab Technician

nattybatty55 I found it like I find everything else GOOGLE I was a long time lurker before I registered and it took me even longer to make my first post. :)

6. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Victim

Add another to the Brit count.

I've just ordered Parts 1 & 2 of Season 3 from powerplaydirect as they're currently offering two CSI boxsets for £24.

I came quite late to all three series. I initially preferred Miami (loved the bright colours) and only watched NY as Channel Five were repeating Season 2 immediately after new season Miami. But my interest at Horatio and the Sunglasses of Justice waned and the appeal of NY grew slowly. I found by the time the season ended I was hooked! I still watch the new seasons of Miami and LV but don't bother with repeats. NY, however, I can watch again ... and again ... and again ...

7. clairelangley

clairelangley Victim

Someone else coming from Austria?? *says hi to everyone in advance*

8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

AlterEgo thats exactly how I got in to NY!! :lol:

Ok Well I thought that i'd make a list of all of the Non-US peeps....

Argentina
    Ghawazee

Austrailia
    tiara4Carmine

Austria
    Clairelangley

Brazil
    owlki

Canada
    dl_shipper34
    flacksgirl7
    WhosLaughingNow
    catey1234
    Elwood21
    CSI_in_training
    DuCaineluver93
    buddrick
    Nick_Wolfe_Danny

Chile, South America
    Ruth

Cyprus
    athens

France
    celtess

Germany
    LivingEnd
    StellaFan
    CSI_NY_Addict
    Lonia

Ireland
    Ceindreadh

Italy
    Orison

Kuwait
    miami85 (soon moving to Barcelona ;))

Malaysia
    Kimmychu
    DAnNSfreak
    sHiNNizLe

Netherlands
    dutch_treat
    Marns

Portugal
    CSI_Dani

Romania
    Lorelai

Singapore
    Lessien_Tinuviel

Solvakia
    Carolina

South Africa
    althea

Spain
    Poison girl (PG)
    lunadeagosto
    Hormiga

Sweden
    NinaM

The Philippines
    chaostheory08
    mulder8scully5
    peewee_sal
    ranma

UK
    nattybatty55
    Kat1974
    silencer
    Twinkletoes
    jendai
    Fruitbat (FB)
    Bella363
    gypsy
    Joolz
    Dawni
    bumble_bee89
    faith666
    Macslady
    Elsie
    LeanneUK
    grssom89

New Zealand
    kiwifan
    magicmunchies
    Hannah

If you've already posted and i've missed you off or I spelt a name writing please tell me :)

I'll update when more people introduce themselves!! :)

9. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Victim

I wonder if C5 has a plan to get us all hooked on NY? I just wish they would show the new season more promptly. I'm devouring the spoilers, but it's just not enough.

Does anyone know if CBS don't allow TV companies in other countries to broadcast CSI simultaneously with the US or if the time-lag is down to the TV stations themselves?

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Wow, what an impressive spread of locales!

althea, isn't that first episode of NY, MIA/NYC--NonStop on the NY s. 1 DVDs? I know it was in the States, even though it was technically a Miami episode.

Elsie, I remember hearing about that marketing campaign! KInda cool...and a little creepy.

11. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I have to say only been into NY for the past yr really and obsessed sine s3... my mum and dad used to watch it on 5ive and i got hooked and ended up watching it and wanting to download and watch s1 since i'd seen s2 on and off then when s3 came out i was like obsessed.

i love lv to not a fan of miami really it just doesnt do anything for me, lv is droppin slightly but i love how different they are that i can watch both and not be like ooh.

12. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

Yeah. NZ gets over looked a lot. It's just like some country that was randomly put down the bottom of the earth. But it makes me smile when I hear NZ getting mentioned in the american crime shows. Then I laugh because US people say 'Nu Zeland" It's...New Zea-Land

I don't think so. The first part is only on the Miami DVDs. I looked around for the Season 2 of CSI NY and couldn't find it in our stores! And they only haveseason 1 of Miami and Season 1-3 of CSI. There's not much of a fan-base in NZ for any of the CSI. But, In the TV guide CSI got 10th most watched program in NZ

13. LivingEnd

LivingEnd Lab Technician

I started watching Miami, which aired on a bigger network than LV. Then I discovered Vegas, when they aired season three over here and lost interest in Miami, which I don’t watch anymore. I know I planned watching NY when I heard about it, but then they put Lost in the same timeslot, so I missed nearly the whole first season. The first episode I watched was On The Job and I found Danny so annoying. :lol:
    I watched NY regularly when season two started and brought season one on DVD.

MIA/NYC--NonStop is at least not on the German DVDs, which is really annoying. The same goes for Felony Flight…
    But you can buy a variety of different DVDs of the franchise here. A Crossover Box, and on Wednesday the Bloodbox is available with 4 episodes from each show focused on blood evidence and 300 min bonus material called ‘Science Inside’ which is about the forensics behind the shows. It sounds quite interesting but I have the Vegas and NY episodes already on DVD so I don’t think I’ll buy the box.
    Are this special boxes a German thing or are they available everywhere?

14. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Well I've been watching since the first ep of Vegas aired over here; it sounded and looked very intriguing and I was hooked immediately. Still like this one and watch it when I have some spare time.

I was very excited when they announced a 2nd CSI show, but Miami soon lost my interest because I didn't like a lot of the characters and especially Horatio. Never watched again after the first season ended.

So when I heard there was going to be a 3rd show I was a bit hesitant, but I liked Gary Sinise and I like the city so I gave it a shot and I liked everything about it, so now it's my favorite out of the three.

I found this board when I was looking for a place to discuss D/L.

In The Netherlands they split the seasons in half and the two boxes, each containing 12 ep's, are released apart. And occasionly some special ep's (like LV's Grave Danger) are sold as special editions.

15. LeanneUK

LeanneUK Dead on Arrival

I'm from England !

I only watch CSI:NY I first watched it because of Gary Sinise then the obsession began ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.