How many non-US peeps here?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Kat1974, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

no! Sorry Hannah I'm from Auckland...the gateway to NZ!

I found csi when I flicking through channels and stumbled across it! It was love! I got into csi:ny also through channel surfing

2. althea

althea Lab Technician

We get to see all three CSI shows here I watch CSI and CSI NY I've gave up on Miami when Speed left (sigh) I'm still not over it. :(

3. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

magicmunchies, you got it wrong. You guys may have won the NRL but...Next year we're gonna get it back! MOO LOO! (so what if I'm not much of a rugaz fan?)

4. magicmunchies

I'm gonna add you on bebo! I'm Marti by the way...!

5. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I started out watching the original CSI. Watched Miami for about a season and a half but gave it up after an episode where I wanted a perve to not be the murderer just so Horatio would have to let him go. After that I just couldn't watch it. When New York started airing I figured I'd give it a chance and I haven't stopped watching since.

Still watch CSI LV, but I don't find it quite as appealing as New York.

6. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

I'm a fan of all the shows.

But CSI:NY holds my little Filipina heart. XD

7. magicmunchies

Yeah me too! Except in my little pakeha (european kiwi) heart

8. celtess

celtess Rookie

I'm fan of csi and csiny,but I prefer csiny now.
    It's too long for explain that lol :D :D

9. magicmunchies

Yeah me too, I think the original csi is slightly losing it's touch and ny is really coming into it's own :D! which rocks!

10. chaostheory08

The original has toooo much going on and they're becoming crowded. Miami = Horatio haha.

CSIN:NY has sooo much eyecandy and drama. :lol:

11. Kat1974

Kat1974 Victim

OK I'll get this out of the way - congrats South Africa! I can only say that easily because I'm a football fan so losing the rugby doesn't choke me as much, lol.

I got into CSI NY mostly because of Gary Sinise. I thought if an actor of his quality was involved in the show it must be worth a look. And it was!

12. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Ooh, I've not been in this thread yet. I'm from York, in the UK. :)

Well, now I am a fan of both LV and NY, but the first episode of NY was the first one of the entire franchise that I saw. The reason I watched is actually (I think) quite funny...When Five (the UK broadcaster with the rights for NY) first began advertising the show they sent out some rather interesting advertising material. I don't know where they got their database from, but I was on it, and I got this weird package through the door which was like a brown folder with lots of evidence type documentation in it. In it there was a couple of (imo) obviously fake newspaper articles about people being murdered, the victims all had the same name, and they had personalised it all so that the victims all had my name. :lol: I thought it was pretty funny and very clever advertising, and obvious what it was. Apparently some other people who received it were not as impressed and found it threatening. I actually genuinely decided to watch the first episode based solely on the fact that I was impressed by their advertising, so I gave it a go. Unfortunately, unlike many people, I really disliked the first episode and didn't watch it again until near the end of season one. And I through away the advertising pack, which is a shame because thinking back it really was awesome! :lol:

Article about the advertising campaign

13. chaostheory08

^Tee-hee. That's how my mom got into CSI:NY.

Both of us are crazy fans of Gary Sinise hahaha.

14. althea

althea Lab Technician

I had never seen the crossover episode between Miami and New York when CSI NY was introduced so very recently I tracked it down to a video store I did not want to hire the entire box set of Miami but I desperately wanted to see the episode and using my charm and my obsession with CSI Ny I got the video store owner to hire me just the one disc with the New York episode on.
    I love that episode the way it goes from glitzy sunshiny Miami to the darker edgier New York with the Statute of Liberty. I mean how cool was that and then seeing Gary Sinise :devil: his so much better than Horatio and more bearable. I just wish I could get that one episode separately god knows I am not buying an entire box set of Miami just for that one episode.

15. Lonia

Lonia Witness

I'm from Germany. I ordered the season three box on ebay a couple of days ago, so I hope I get it soon. It's really hard to wait about a year to see the episodes after they were shown in the States.

The show I saw first was Miami (which is the one I like least in the meantime). Then I also began to watch Las Vegas. So after I read that there will be a third CSI series it was clear that I would start to watch this too, especially after I heard that Gary Sinise and Eddie Cahill were in it. NY is my favourite out of the three .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.