House MD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sat down and watch a full episode most of the time I just catch the endings but I must say I was really impressed with the story line and the humour.....Hugh Laurie love him and glad to see Jesse Spencer missed him since he left Neigbours!!

lol, i like it when he says:

What can I say, chicks with no teeth turn me on -House

Ok, that’s fairly disgusting. -Wilson

‘I, Margo Davis, have been informed of the risks which may arise for my refusal to advised medical care. I hereby release‘-
Who are you?-Margo D.
I work for the hospital. ‘The Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital and its employees, agents, and otherwise from any adverse medical conditions resulting from my refusal. It is not the hospitals fault if my son kicks off.’
Kicks off?-Margo
I punched up the language, mostly for clarification. ‘I understand my doctors consider my decision to be completely idiotic.’
Why are you doing this?-Margo
‘But I am convinced that I know more than they do. I took a biology course in high school.’ I assume that’s…yeah. ‘Besides, I enjoy controlling every aspect of my son’s life, even if it means his death.’ Sign here please, I brought a pen.
Who are you?-Margo
I’m the doctor who’s trying to save your son. You’re the mom who’s letting him die. Clarification: It’s a beautiful thing.

I dont know about yall, but Hugh is sexy. Ive always had this thing for British actors who can do American accents. LOVELY!

many people say that they wish that he would use the accent on the show, but i absolutely love it when he talks without the accent, i have heard him speak many times with the accent, and although i love it, i like the american better.

i think it would be weird if he spoke with the accent because they are in America so i think, for me anyways, it would be hard for me to just watch the show because i would not be able to stop thinking about it.

i personally love both, but like him without the accent in House

and yes i agree, he is very hot!! :D

I remember that there was an episode, one of the first eight I believe, that he did use his accent. Only for a short time though. HE was calling a doctor about a patient and the guy hung up coz it was so late. He called back using his accent and said he was from London, calling about a patient and saying 'I must've gotten my time zones mixed up. And..Hello?' Isn't he from London? I remember that he said his Wife and kids live there.. but I don't remember.

I LUV this show soooo much! it to IS the gratest show out there. yes even above CSI but not much. I just the all the sarcasm that comes out of Houses' mouth. Abouth the House/Stacy v. House/Cameron ships i would prefer to see House and Stacy together and all the problems that would arise with Stacy and Mark plus that would also leave Cameron free for Chase. Well that's it. except that HUGH LAURIE IS THE GREATEST MAN ALIVE!!!

Agreed. I think it's the best show on TV at the moment too. I actually prefer it to all 3 CSIs currently.

Congrats to Hugh Laurie on his much deserved Golden Globe. :)

Have you watched "Blackadder goes forth" or "Jeeves & Wooster?
They were 2 British series with H.L. on them.He played up-class dulls in both,nothing to do with "House" but funny.

I remember having watched an interview of H.L. in Jay Leno where he said that his father was a doctor,but not as House,because he was very gentle and polite.And that he had been his patient when he was 12 and burnt himself badly when he did a sort of molotov coctel( :eek:). And his father was remarkably unsympathetic with him.He said "it hurts" and his father's answer was:"yes,it will!!!You fool!!".
I found it funny,it was quite House. :lol:

Yes, I have seen those tv shows and they really are very funny! Sadly, I didn't see the Jay Leno interview. He's been in so much and I've always liked him. He was in an episode of 'Friends' too ('The One With Ross's Wedding'), just as a man on the plane, but that was the best part of the episode for me! Very funny. :)

It took me awhile to get used to his accent in 'House', but as he does it so well, I've got over that now! :D

It took me awhile to get used to his accent in 'House', but as he does it so well, I've got over that now! :D

That's interesting,because in another interview,Jay Leno asked him how "House" was doing in England,he said that English people don't like someone impersonating accents,that they get embarrass very easily.That if you go to France and your friend begins to talk French in a shop,you have to live the shop because it's very embarrasing... :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm from the UK and we do tend to get embarrassed about such things. When I've been to countries where english isn't the first language, I've never been very brave in trying out the dialect. We're a bit silly like that!

As for House's accent, some of my friends are still reluctant to watch it, as they are so used to Hugh doing the upper class english accent! I'm trying to convince them that there's so much more to the show, and I think I'm slowly bringing some of them around! :D

I got used to Hugh's accent quite quickly when I first saw the show, although I just went WOW when I first heard him, along with MY God he's sexy!!! ;)

Bad luck to Hugh on not winning the SAG award last night :(

As for House's accent, some of my friends are still reluctant to watch it
I love his accent now, I remember when I first watched an episode, it was very strange (I'm sure a few minutes earlier I had seen him doing a Johnson's baby advert in his English accent! :lol:). I was very surprised how well he portrayed House, his acting was amazing in the more serious role. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back