House MD

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last week or so, I have been interested in learning as much as I can about Hugh, now that I am hooked on House. Not only did I realize that I have seen him in quite a few other movies, but he also seems to be a lot different than I thought. After reading some articles,especially on This webpage. I have gotten the impression that Hugh isn't comfortable with acting as much as I thought. It seems like he is afraid of failure and is very withdrawn at some points. I read this one article today that says while shooting House, that by 4 or 5 o'clock p.m they can always find Hugh sitting by himself. In another part of this one article he mentiones that he was or is depressed most of the time. (this article was about 5 years old) I don't don't know this just seems all weird, but I was wondering if I am the only one who has read articles like this. There are many articles, where he talks about not having any real training as an actor and that in turn from the sounds of it as he says has hurt him. He did this one movie in the early 90's that I guess was really hard for him to do, mostly because it dealt with a lot of emotions. It just seems weird to watch him play this character (House) and see what he did in (and I am going to repeat this again) Season 1 in "Detox" emotions seem to be no problem for him, but suppose, it's been quite a few year since this article, but I have also seen this quark in other more recent articles and I have seen articles that have words saying that Hugh in some ways is a lot like House in real life, now I have not seen Hugh in anything different besides Flight of the Phoenix, but I don't remember a thing about that movie, and when I saw this movie, I had no clue as to who he even was, now that I do, I will watch the movie again. So I have some watching and observing to do. So thank you for listening (reading) my long boring post, but I am only trying to figure out if I am nuts or if anyone else has seen these articles about Hugh.

CSIFAN1985

Edit: Here's another more recent article that shows what I am talking about.

I have seen a couple of articles like that and I think that Hugh is just soo surprised that House has took off in the way it did, I can imagine Hugh being reserved sometimes because he is the star and carrier of the show so it must be more pressure on him because of that

hugh laurie reminds me so much of speed but he has the eyes of Horatio...the sarcasm is sooo funny when it comes out of that man's mouth...just look at sense and senseability...hes always sarcastic!!!

I've read something about H.Laurie realizing he has been depressed before doing "House",maybe he wasn't doing anything interesting and that's why he was down.

But he had been acting since college where he was very good friend with Stephen Fry & Emma Thompson.
Have you watched "Peter's friends"? Great film by Kenneth Brannagh,with S.Fry,E.Thompson,K.Brannagh,H.Laurie...

"Need to know".

The team tries to diagnose a working mother who suffers from flailing fits.
Meanwhile,House and Stacy examine their own relationship. :D

Have you watched "Peter's friends"? Great film by Kenneth Brannagh,with S.Fry,E.Thompson,K.Brannagh,H.Laurie...

I havn't seen this movie, but in regards to seeing H.L. in other roles, I have requested other projects from him from my local library. Hopefully they will arrive shortly. I also have some movies coming from NetFlix. I should see those by Wed.

BTW, I can't wait for the new episode in Feb. I am counting the days. :) :) ;)

Foreman actually is in charge for the moment because House is on reprimand, I think House will be back in charge when the next eppy airs *next month grumblegrumble*

Peter's Friends, great film :D

Congratulations !!!

72074ff1d14f4g5vt.jpg

Yeah, whoohoo, major congratulations to Hugh for the win at the Golden Globes last night, I was so happy when he won, he so deserves it. Here's to you Hugh.. Cheers!!!

Good luck to H.L. at the SAG Awards in a couple of weeks.

Yay!! Hugh won, Im so happy since it was one of the two or three nominations I really care about. I was lucky to see when he received the award and hear his hilarious speech!
House is my 2nd favorite show just after CSI. Hope Hugh and the show can won more awards.
Congratulations! Felicidades Hugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back