~Horatio's Thread #4 - Everybody Loves Raymond's Brother! ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ~Horatio's Thread #4 - Everybody Loves Raymond's Brother

Hi all, I'm new here. I LOOOVE the title of the topic :lol: It made me laugh :D
Horatio is a veeery weird character, all with secrets, and I love that he puts on his sunglasses at the end of each eps :p (or almost each). I also love his facial expressions. "I know you're a bad guy."- just like Footyliz's banner shows ;)

Hi WillowsWannaBe. Welcome to the 'H' thread! :D

Welcome WillowsWannabe! Glad to have you join in all the H-love around here :)

Footy's banner is great isn't it? :D Mmmmm, those sexy eyes :devil: Which reminds me...I've been meaning to make myself a new H banner for a while now. He hasn't quite squeezed Mr Darcy out of my icon space yet though :p

As for H remaining single...I need to dye my hair brunette (I think he prefers brunettes) and get myself over to the Miami filming set :eek: :lol:

Even though I like the idea of him staying single ;) I think it would be nice for H's character to find some good woman...look after him, make him realise that he doesn't have to try and make it alone. Maybe someone strong, to nudge him into accepting help from other people. I just want to see H happy and smile that lovely smile more often :D

CSI_Grissom said:
relationships have to be two-way, he saves evrybody, but never allows anyone to save him so he reaches out to others, but doesnt allow them to reach back, i think that is his biggest problem
I agree with this. And I think for someone to be able to reach out to him, that woman must be strong and able to help others even though she has her own difficulties to deal with. Not someone who's totally victim-like and focused-in.

hey Casp we in my country have this word berserk same grammar and speech. but we use it only when we want to offend someone, in meaning he/she is too conflict person. i don`t got it 100% why to u come this word but if it`s coz my post i agree that sometimes i`m too extreme character - for me is only balck or white :p but i`m glad that with this post make the rest to contemplate and write theirs thoughts for H / can or can`t love/ at last the conversation move forward and we have a lot of posts this 1-2 days in HC therad. till Luce was away this plase was so unknown for me and we was define overstay/stick...

and for Liz post i agree with all of it. really there was some epis where toward H was show some tenderness and thanksfull, also H give a little concern to the rest. but u all must understand me that this S 4 giv to me only bad/negative thought and attitude to H and CSIM...

relationships have to be two-way, he saves everybody, but never allows anyone to save him so he reaches out to others, but doesnt allow them to reach back, I think that is his biggest problem

the part of CSI_Grissom post tell all i was in my mind. i`m too sick and tired to see H full of suffering... i know that this is only tv show and not in last palse crime show but this heroe who H was for me now is unfeeling selfish person. the good news is that we have only 3 epi and will say one good-bye to this hell S4..

and for the 'From The Grave' scene for me this was a little to late helpless and desperate from H side - when i see it just begin to laugh . too big drama there was, if H is so holy why after he lose all he have (Y and her family) he understand what he have done. in epi again from S4 "under suspicion" we see Cal take DNA sample form H hands, and he was sit in one bench with too bent down head. at first u feel so sorry for him and just want to hig him ,but when u have see a lot epis from S4 this scene only make u smile...i don`t think that with this 1-2 sentimental moments the writers can push me/us to like H. if they early in CSIM S have make H a little more two-way person - strong and weak probable i will accept all this things better.

and for the question what woman need H, wow i prefer to be single, coz now i don`t have any faith in this guys with pens in theirs hends...till now they only show that the only thing can do is to destroy....CSI M and H...

wibble said:
As for H remaining single...I need to dye my hair brunette (I think he prefers brunettes) and get myself over to the Miami filming set :eek: :lol:

Even though I like the idea of him staying single ;) I think it would be nice for H's character to find some good woman...look after him, make him realise that he doesn't have to try and make it alone. Maybe someone strong, to nudge him into accepting help from other people. I just want to see H happy and smile that lovely smile more often :D

Anything that gets H smiling is good in my book, this face is just adorable ;)

CSIM_102_A_011.jpg

Oh I'm very attached to my banner, H's blue eyes just get me everytime ;)

Now I'm a brunnette, and my hair is really dark, I think I will hot foot it to Miami, I would sort out that singleness issue in double quick time :lol:

As for me I am still in UK and mid season 3 repeats, so am blissfully in denial about the imposter that is season 4 H :cool:

*squeals* I so have to use that cap for my new banner :eek: Awww, his smile's so cutsie in that pic *beams*. Thanks for posting it Liz! :D

As for S4, I think by the time I've watched up until the end of season 3 on dvd, I will skip S4 and wait for S5 :lol:

Actually, no...I'll still have to watch it because H will stil be in it (even if he is 'different' H character, I can still drool over him :devil: :D ).

Am I right in thinking that it's all Ann Donahue's doing that S4 is so terrible? *is a bit clueless about S4*. Sorry, I really haven't read a great deal about it...only the soap opera bits that I've had the misfortune of stumbling across. It really doesn't sound good so far..... :(

Interestingly, Ann Donahue was also the CSIM showrunner for the second half of Season 1, and all of Seasons 2 and 3. The show was fantastic then, and her storylines and writing were generally well received and respected. Season 4 has kinda gone off the rails slightly! It seems she felt Miami needed some kind of revamp, and, many feel it has changed for the worst.

I can only explain things from my own perspective obviously, but there are aspects to the show now that just don't feel like part of the Miami I know and love. One of my online friends (also a Mod here), who was a huge Miami fan, no longer posts in this forum due to what she describes as the 'appalling do-over' that the show has undergone.

H's past has been made far too complicated (it was actually interesting enough as it was), the storylines seem weak, the writing is poor, the team dynamic has all but gone, it seems very much a 'style over substance' production, and the soap bubbles are currently taking over too! Apart from those things, it's still a great show! :lol:

These are only my thoughts and some may disagree, but so few people have warmed to S4 judging by the opinions posted at Talk CSI. I did a poll awhile back, and the first 3 seasons were alarmingly more popular than S4 has been. I plan to do a poll once S4 is over, to get an overall rating from the fans on this Board.

I haven't given up on CSIM though. I still feel that it could get back on track and be great again. S4 will just go down as a blot on the landscape for me, and I sincerely hope S5 is a vast improvement. ;)

Crikey, I didn't mean for that post to be so long. You can all wake up now! :D

wibble said:
Am I right in thinking that it's all Ann Donahue's doing that S4 is so terrible? *is a bit clueless about S4*. Sorry, I really haven't read a great deal about it...only the soap opera bits that I've had the misfortune of stumbling across. It really doesn't sound good so far..... :(
I used to think it's all Ann D's fault but then I learnt that it was DC's idea to hook up with Aerosol and I was really disappointed. And since Ann D doesn't know how to get online, :rolleyes: I bet she'll be oblivious to the feedback from viewers that S4 sucks. In fact, every member of CSI:M seems to be living in a bubble. They're the only ones who think S4 is superb.

It's strange, I don't actually mind the idea of H being with Marisol that much. What doesn't sit right with me is the whole cancer angle and the fact that they have next to no chemistry. Marisol looks like a million dollars, and she's undergoing chemo? At least when H was comforting Belle King in 'Dead Woman Walking', she started to look poorly. The bond that developed between H and Belle was far more convincing and genuinely touching.

Also, Marisol seems a rather weak, victim like character (not just because of the cancer) that H has to save. Like zippy said yesterday, I would much rather see him with someone with a stronger personality, who is more his equal. Someone like Stella from CSI:NY for example, in terms of character type.

^ Oohh, H and Stella will make an exceptional couple :D :D.

Well people, this is what we call a television show. Like 'The Bold and Beautiful', the dying people look marvellous and the ones still alive look extra marvellous. But let's face it, even a kid can differentiate between a sick person and a healthy person. If I brought my three yr old cousin, showed M's pic, he's sure to say she's very "pwetty". They need extra make-up artist. I'll bring the powder. Loads of em. :lol:

Lucy said:
At least when H was comforting Belle King in 'Dead Woman Walking', she started to look poorly. The bond that developed between H and Belle was far more convincing and genuinely touching.
I totally, totally, agree with you! Belle King was much more convincing and one can actually feel a bond between her and H even though they're just recent friends.

I really have this 'icky' thing against damsels in distress. H needs someone strong and intense! Otherwise, just keep him single and we'll all be happy :lol:

I dont hate marisol, i just hate the idea of her and H together because it seems like she is using him, whenever they are together, it seems like she needs to make sure he is with her

like in the ending scene to last nights ep, she freaks out because she thinks he isnt there, but he is, and the way she does it, plus they way she is always seeking reassurance from him that he will be there, i just cant get around the feeling she is using him to get what she wants

it makes me feel bad for H because, kind soul that he is, he cant help but help her and i dont think he is thinking about himself at all, which he needs to do at least every once in a while

i have always liked him and calleigh, or him and yelina because both women are cabable of taking care of themselves and H, because of his job, and who he is, cant do what he needs to do with marisol, which is worry about her 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back