~Horatio's Thread #4 - Everybody Loves Raymond's Brother! ~

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

Re: ~Horatio's Thread #4 - Everybody Loves Raymond's Brother

Most of what I wanted to say were already mentioned by all of you so I won't repeat. But I truly miss the Horatio that was the 'integrity rock' for his team and not someone whom many people described in the finale(One of Our Own) thread.

We desperately need those early seasons' writers back! And yes, I miss H in green shirt.

*goes back to dream about ants...*

2. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Yes, this is very much the case. Calleigh and Alexx have had very little development in Season 4, for example.

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Oh, it's just a random comment. As you know, everytime I post a pic, words don't really make sense. First, in pics where H looks down, I used either "WOW! I CAN SEE MY TOES!" or "OMG! SO MANY ANTS!"
    And since e.g. zipperston liked ants very much, mostly pics where he looks down have "something to do with the ants" ;)

So it's just some random by strange me :p

4. wibble

wibble Corpse

:lol: ^

Ok, thanks for clearing that up :D I thought all this time, it was something connected to a specific episode I haven't seen yet, or something else major I just wasn't getting :lol:

Pusher - really like your thoughts on what I was asking. Some of them made me laugh, especially the bit about 'Robocop Horatio' :lol: It definitely seems like Horatio's character has been over-done this season. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if all this personal life stuff didn't make him so withdrawn, was more believable and was balanced out with some character development by the other team members...but still.

And I know what you mean about continuing to watch a show, because of the faith you have that it will (at least eventually, with hope) get better, no matter how bad it seems at the moment. It usually takes a lot for me to completely give up on a TV series, especially one like CSI, where I love it for so many reasons other than just the characters.

Well, you may be pleased to know that as I intend to get through up until the end of S3 this summer, I will be able to bring you all some thoughts/reflections on H's character development to bring back the magic of the 'real H' and remember what he used to be like, and why you all loved him to begin with :) (though I'm sure many of you still do ;) ).

5. Ducky

Wibble, don't you ever worry how insane co-mod you have? :lol:

About stop watching the show. I'm exactly like wibble. For example ER. It's been completely crap after Anthony Edwards left and still I watch it. Until it ends. Same with NYPD Blue. It sucked big monkey balls after Jimmy Smits left and there I go, watch it season after season. But then Miami has DC so no way I stop watching it, even it would get horrible :lol:

oh and zipperston. Be careful with those ants ;)

6. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

aww dear this is all that i want to here :lol:

i`m sill in waiting for ur to see epi 'Bunk' so zipster, Liz and my lowly self to catch up the wave :p

long time ago when i was young have love one tv show 'the x-files' and when Mulder go of in S 7 i just stop to follow it. till now i have never involve with other tv show, but when i see for the fisrt time Horatio wow...all my heart and mind go there. this is the reason i to join this CSI Miami forum. even my post sometimes sound funny i love to be here. but at this moment i feel so disappoint and angry at H and all CSI M writers. maybe when we start to discuss S 1 - 3 and go through all cool epis there there will be the time for beginning S 5 in Brazil...and this hell in S4 will be only one bad nightmare.

and in the end for this subject stop or continue watch CSI M. for me personally if in S5 on Miami one character is not back on line i for sure will stop to watch and this tv show. sorry for my ultimate thoughts, but this is me...

7. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

Oh I do...I do...*mumbles mumbles giggles* :D

Omigosh! Horatio's going to be eliminated soon! :( I remember he was one of the top in the last elimination game and now he's almost out. Looks like people really don't like H anymore... :rolleyes: :(

I read the interview at ET Online. I hope next season they'll get back to some serious lab work and not turn it into too much of an action drama. It is after all a CSI show.

8. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

zipster love ur Loc: Under Horatio's umbrella :lol: but be careful wibs to not take ur place she have evil partner :p

theirs weapon against us will be a lot a hundred Da Ants :lol:

i too hope in S 5 to have more criminal and lab work. i still feel bad when someone go against H (for example this CSI Miami game), but this is for now. H must come to where he belonging. one character who unite his team, and have more mystery around him - past or future . i`m so sick and tired for this suffering H...before for me he was my dark fallen angel, but now i want in S5 to see the rest team characters development but not in shipper way of cours. more Alex and more Franc...even i miss Stetler he somehow uncover others part of H charactes, not like now in S4 H & FBI... :mad:

9. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

One H to rule them all,
    One H to find them,
    One H to bring them all
    and in the brightness(of Miami) bind them. (No wonder he needs his SOJ) :lol:

Yeah it'll be really really good to strike a balance among the characters. H will always be dominant coz it's well...H...but it'll be good to have more of others especially Alexx, Calleigh and Frank.

There's no space for another person under this umbrella but there's an extra umbrella here. Take it wibs or anyone else. I don't mind...but oh, there's only one H...sowweeeee!!! :p

10. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

We are dangerously close to a new thread, I am very excited!!

I'm with you Ducky on the points about ER I have really struggled to watch it since the whole original cast left, in fact I could count on one hand the epis I've watched since Greene died :rolleyes:

But so long as H is around I am a Miami watcher, but I really wish they would bring back the traits that made him who he was, this could send me over the edge, huge character shifts for my favourites would really have me considering about watching :( A bit of a ramble but you get my point.

Hopefully all the H angst will be channeled better next season and he can get back to being attentive and the great caring team leader he used to be ;)

Maybe with his new relationship with Eric and having lost someone close he will become more protective of his team agin, we can only hope :D

11. Ducky

H going from Angry H back to the Asskicking H in season 5.

Yeah, there is no really point in this post more than this is the 1000th post of the thread :p

12. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

Oh but that is the real beauty of the post Ducky I absolutely love it, fresh shiny new post thread please :D

13. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

You ladies have been busy! :eek: I had better lock this one. Bear with me.... :D

Follow me to Thread #5.

*Locked*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.