Horatio/Yelina--Silent Thunder

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Guest, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Re: Horatio and Yelina?

Heaven knows, she'll have alot to get her head around! I've been hoping all season that the writers will give her the chance to show that she actually is a strong woman (besides being a single mom, doing a tough, risky job). Horatio can't help but try to protect her (though his lying to her is not good!), but it would be great to see her strengh of character shine through on another level. Go Y! :D

2. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Personally I'm a Y/H shipper and proud of it :D. Sure, Calleigh and he would be good together but can't you see Horatio's attraction to Yelina? This guy is too serious to act like a school boy and be unsure of his emotions :cool:. He KNOWS what he feels for Yelina.

3. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Aah, but you're assuming Ann D won't be messing with us. I give you "BR is Alive" as Exhibit A in the "Gotcha!" category for this Season. :devil: So I'm not assuming anything right now. If BR survives "10-7", Ann D may well allow him to re-enter the land of the living and have him resume his former life. Now that would be monumental.

Even if Y forgave BR for his 4 years of pretty darn cruel deception, there's also the infidelity issue. BR's got some hefty explaining to do on that score.

So what if Ann D did reunite Y and BR, even if only briefly? After the euphoria dissipates, one would imagine all sorts of awkwardness and accusations are eventually going to spew forth. The Suzie & Maddy issue will be a definite highlight. Actually it's sort of ironic in that both Y and BR committed adultery except it's a technicality on Y's part whilst BR's appears to be stone cold dead guilty.

I don't think it's a question of lack of self-respect if Y does take BR back. Too many shades of gray for those types of lines to be drawn in the dirt. Y could well feel enough guilt about her relationship with our dear Rick, Ray Jr's feelings and expectations for his parents and of course those pesky feelings for Horatio, for her not to react to BR's shennanigans in a "typical and expected" manner.

Enough guilt for a temporary suspension of BR's covert professional and personal activities? Perhaps. Then again Y could well hit BR with a 2 x 4, hard enough for him to wear his ass as a hat. Women! We can be a bloody-minded and passionately complicated gender. :p

4. Lucy

Ray's deception may be slightly less damning in Yelina's eyes if he was forced to fake his death because his family were in grave danger. His infidelity is a whole different ball game as far as self-respect is concerned. I feel that to take someone back after that would surely have to involve compromising one's self-respect to some degree. Unless, of course, things aren't what they seem regarding Suzie/Madison. There's a shade of doubt over everything now! :rolleyes:

I agree that there are many shades of grey in this scenario, and indeed, Ann D could be messing with us! After this Raymond revelation, I'm not assuming anything either.

Oh yes indeed! A Raymond/Yelina confrontation is a mouthwatering proposition - if it happens! ;)

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Are we writing conspiracy theories here, eh? :p

6. Lucy

Us? Whatever gives you that idea DaW?! :D ;)

7. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Oh, Ducky! You wound us. You know you have the market cornered on conspiracy theories, Oh Deranged Maimi Seer. :devil:

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I must say that I really like those ideas of yours about how the plot might continue. I´m a H/Y Shipper, so I want to see them together sometime, but I don´t think it´ll be in the near future. And now that Yelina and Stetler have split, I think Yelina is more aware of what she wants, concerning her relationships in general, eventhough I can´t say what that is. But then, we don´t know why she hit Rick that hard (wonder if we ever will).

Also, that conversation between Horatio and Yelina directly after Rick left...I mean, that sounded like a decleration of love from Yelina´s side to me. But well, I could be wrong (but am still hoping :D!!) Can´t wait for Season 4 to start, se how things continue between all of them...

9. Lucy

I definitely think you are right about that! No question about it, imo. I imagine that the writers wanted to affirm this before events unfold in the finale.

:)

10. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

I can't wait until Monday night! As most can tell by my fanfic I'm a H/Y shipper and it'd be my dream come true for them to be together. Plus, I can't wait until Horatio gets ahold of Raymond and gives him the third degree about what he put Yelina and Ray Jr. through. :eek:

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, when I wrote this post, I hadn´t seen the eppi yet...just knew the dialogue. But I finally saw it just this morning, and I must say...I´m disappointed that there was hardly and reaction from Horatio´s side. I mean...none. Usually he gets nervous when she sais something like this, or just anything about their relationship, and Horatio becomes figety (dunno how to spell that) and starts smiling...but he didn´t even do that. But...he did change the subject...I guess that was his immediate reaction to it...but still..I wanted him to do more than that.....so, I´m still hoping!!!!!!!

12. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Remember that Horatio knows Raymond is alive now. Before, he would've been participant, but I bet now he feels even more guilty.

13. Lucy

Very true. I think Horatio's reaction was a deeply reflective one. Knowing that Raymond is alive makes his feelings for Yelina even harder to deal with (and he fought against them enough when he thought he was dead!). I don't think H's love for her will ever be in doubt - the question is, just how far is he going to bury his feelings now....and when is he going to face up to them? I do feel so wretched for him. :(

14. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Aw. Poor Horatio.

15. Lucy

Heartbreaking for sure. Thanks for posting these pics Carol. At least they got to share a hug! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.