Horatio/Yelina--Silent Thunder

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Guest, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Re: Horatio and Yelina?

Thanks much for the pics, Carol. Heart wrenching sad. It's a brilliant touch to have Horatio close his eyes for that frame; a quietly intense statement in itself.

I'm guess I'm going to torture myself and use these pics as wallpaper. Cheers. :)

2. Caderyn

Caderyn Pathologist

Other than Catherine (yeah, Willows) or Adele Sevilla, I really like Horatio with Yelina. She brings out the vulnerable 'human' side of him. So many times, we see the super, invincible Horatio, who crooks can't touch, but with Yelina, he's different. He becomes so... speechless and sometimes a little... 'dorky', I guess. He reminds me of that dorky little redhead kid (Richie Cunningham, perhaps, from Happy Days), who has a crush on the sexy, unattainable, exotic girl. Ahh... poor Horatio. I pine for these two, I really do.

Aww, and thanks for the pics, Carol. Really pretty.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Good, I thought I was the only person who was saddened by this whole 'Yelina flying off to Brazil and leaving Horatio all alone' scenario. I'm not a hardcore shipper, heck, I'm not even at sea; but I just feel a lot of sadness for Horatio. :(

Those caps are awesome, thanks for posting them. Of course, I was waiting for Yelina to stick up for herself and refuse to leave, but that's now how it played out. We'll have to wait until next season.

4. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

What song does everyone think fits that scene?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

poor Horatio, I wonder what Yelina will do. And now that Ray Jr. has seen his dad even if Yelina and Horatio actually start a realationship Ray Jr's reaction would be horrible. *sigh* this sucks

6. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I wonder if Ray Jnr would be more understanding than we might expect. I don't actually see Horatio and Yelina getting involved in the near future, but here's hoping that one day.... ;)

Anyway, as I was saying, Ray Jnr is used to H being a Father figure, and RJ will appreciate (hopefully) how much H has cared for his mom and himself, and how he has always been there for them. He certainly seems very fond of Horatio.

RJ was clearly euphoric about seeing his Dad, but once reality sets in, he may not see him in quite the same light. Ray may be his biological father, but H has certainly been more of a father to him.

I suppose much depends on Raymond's fate and RJ's maturity and understanding. It will be interesting to see how the writers choose to handle this situation. They may well use it as yet another barrier to come between H and Y, but I hope not. They need something to go their way, or am I being far too optmistic?!

7. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

:) Yup, all looks promising enough especially when hard wired into Ann Donahue's comments of her vision for these two. Like SM said in her recent interview, this H & Y relationship is set for the long run but we should savor the journey. Savoring is right. That ending form "10-7" was so powerful in its impact. Geez, any more heart wrenching savoring of this nature and my mental tastebuds might implode. :p

:lol: I don't think so. All three Miami seasons have ended on a pivotal H & Y note. In addition, the bonds of emotional intimacy between these two have deepened and been achored considerably; concrete objective evidence is rife within Season 3 with "Nothing To Lose", "Whacked" and "10-7" instantly coming to mind. So I'd say we're headed in that overall direction.

;)

8. Caderyn

Caderyn Pathologist

Hey, all. Any signs of life here?

Alright, well here's a little thing I found in the Greg/Sara forum. Perhaps a lot of you have read it, but if not... It's from Canadian TV guide and it speculates on the possibilities of romance in all three CSI shows. Here's what they say on Miami:

CSI: MIAMI -- Frequent visitors to Ocean Drive know to expect a parade of thong bikinis, impossibly tight trousers as well as see-through tops - and that's just the men. Despite the steamy backdrop, Horatio Caine (Davide Caruso) still plays it cool, dousing his attraction to his late brother's widow. But Yelina Salas (Sofia Milos) looks like she could use a good frisking.

Clickety-click - scroll down to the bottom

Well, here's to H/Yelina in the next season (hopefully)!

9. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Lots but serenely basking in the warm afterglow of Season 3 H and Y goodness whilst being incarcerated in real life mode. :p

I shouldn't think there need be any concerns on this score despite clamourings to the contrary. I'm still caught up with, "Why Brazil?". This is really buggin' me. :D
    H and Brazil. Brazil and H. How does this compute? Crimony, I can just see him self-igniting on the tarmac. :)

10. Lucy

Brazil = good hiding place? Maybe? :)

I'll drink to that - hope certainly springs eternal with these two! :D

11. GreenCourage

GreenCourage Coroner

w00t! I'm in a nice H/Y mood. Especially since last night I was listening to my No Doubt CD and Underneath It All came on. I listened to the lyrics and something clicked. Then I read the lyrics and I knew it was a great H/Y song!

Underneath It All:

There's times where i want something more
    Someone more like me
    There's times when this dress rehearsal
    Seems incomplete
    But, you see the colors in me like no one else
    And behind your dark glasses you're...
    You're something else

Chorus:
    You're really lovely
    Underneath it all
    You want to love me
    Underneath it all
    I'm really lucky
    Underneath it all
    You're really lovely

You know some real bad tricks
    And you need some discipline
    But, lately you've been trying real hard
    And giving me your best
    And, you give me the most gorgeous sleep
    That i've ever had
    And when it's really bad
    I guess it's not that bad

(repeat chorus)

So many moons that we have seen
    Stumbling back next to me
    I've seen right through and underneath
    And you make me better
    I've seen right through and underneath

12. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Awesome! Oh, I was going to ask you guys something... Does H ever laugh? I know he smiles alot-- But where is his laugh?

13. GreenCourage

GreenCourage Coroner

I've never heard him bust out exept for the occasional "Hmph" or "Heh" ya'know? Lemme know if there is an episode where we hear him laugh, I'll be the first one to re-watch it! lol

14. Lucy

Nice lyrics GC! I particularly like: "And behind your dark glasses you're...
    You're something else" :cool:

As for H laughing, the closest I can remember is the scene in 'Crime Wave' when H and the Hummer have just survived the exploding building! H is talking to Eric afterwards. He certainly gives a full, beaming smile and a little laugh. :D

15. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

In "Losing Face" they all laugh in one scene, including H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.