Horatio/Yelina--Silent Thunder

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Guest, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Re: Horatio and Yelina?

So I guess Raymond's reapearance won't put an end to the H/Y storyline, according to Sofia Milos.

Any thoughts?

2. Selina

Selina CSI Level Two

I just hope not.
    :D :D

3. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

*****SPOILERS*****

Well, I would very much doubt anything will put an end to the H/Y storyline. In a previous thread, you posted mid_tip, that Raymond's alleged reappearance would add more gas to the H/Y fire, and I think that will almost certainly be the case.

Their story will run and run. The writers and actors like it too much - and alot of fans like it too, so it seems. I know I do - it is heartbreaking and deeply poignant IMO. :(

As I've mentioned before, Ray's presumed re-introduction to the show is another 'barrier' that Ann Donahue has orchestrated to come between the H and Y characters. She refers directly to these barriers in the dvd audio commentaries.

In terms of story, I'm intrigued as to how it's all going to pan out! The H/Y relationship is complicated enough anyway - this will just crank it up to yet another level! :)

4. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

*****SPOILER WARNING*****

I managed to watch that interview despite the wonky video. Sofia came off as articulate, passionate about her work, especially her role on Miami and appreciative of the relationship she has with her audience.

Other interesting parts of the interview was Sofia mentioning that her favorite episode was "Big Brother", especially that scene at the end where she kisses H on the cheek to thank him for "uncovering the truth" about Raymond. (In view of current knowledge, ironic this statement). Sofia also mentioned how she uses non-verbal communication to add depth and texture to the portrayal of her character. For me, it is this aspect of her and DC's acting style that are a real treat and enhances their one-on-one scenes.

I guess we really, really need to pay attention to what Ann Donahue's been repeatedly telling us about the Horatio & Yelina dynamic since Sofia's introduction in "Simple Man". Ann D and the actors are firm believers in this storyarc and continue to relay this belief in the evolving, tumultuous and often poignant relationship between these two.

Raymond's appearance though balked at initially, will provide yet another dimension at development for DC and SM's characters. So I guess H will be exchanging our dear Rick for long lost kid brother, in terms of a source for his Yelina angst.

5. GreenCourage

GreenCourage Coroner

I fully agree with you Tally,

Some how, I don't find it strange that Sofia is a H/Y shipper. I think she has a bit of a crush on DC anyway :D

I do appreciate then tension between H&Y. I hope they will get together. I'm not going fanatical about it, so if it doesn't work out, I'd be dissapointed but not outraged.

6. Selina

Selina CSI Level Two

Absolutely right.
    The energy sometimes between them, ohh, you can feel the vibrations right of the screen :cool:
    And even when the energy goes down a bit (I had the feeling it was in Pro Per, when Horatio races to Yelinas house to rescue them and he sees Rick come out) you can always tell how he cares for her.

7. CSI_Officer_Fredrik

CSI_Officer_Fredrik Victim

why not
    its a good idea

8. midnight_tiptoes

How that it's been revealed Raymond is not so dead, what do you think will happen to the Horatio/Yelina dynamic?

9. Lucy

I think that it will intensify all the more. The writers love to make this dynamic as complicated as possible - and I'm convinced they are determined to make us H/Y fans suffer forever! :(

10. ladytrinity

ladytrinity Lab Technician

Well, after all the things he did, if Ray appears out of the blue, Yelina and Horatio may get together in order to beat Ray to death and then dump the body . . . if that's not the beggining to a nice relationship, I don't know what is . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:
    No, for real, I personally woudn't like to see H and Y together but hey!, that's not really up to me, is it?? . . . no, and all of you H/Y fans should be gratefull I'm not, then you would be discussing about the Horatio/Trinity ship and Yelina/Ecklie ship lol :lol:

11. AnnieLaurie

AnnieLaurie Lab Technician

It is going to get very uncomfortable between the three. I am assuming Yelina and Ray will eventually be united, but I don't think the happiness will last. It sounded as if Ray was staying away for quite awhile before his disappearance. So it doesn't sound as if the marriage was a happy one. Can Yelina forgive Ray for putting her and Ray Jr.'s life in danger?
    Than you also have the relationship between Ray and Horatio. What if Ray figures out Horatio has always had feelings for Yelina? Remember the tweakers epidode? I wonder if Ray might be jealous of his big brother's career. For all we know maybe Ray wanted Yelina, because Horatio wanted her. He might have wanted to beat Horatio at something so he married Yelina. Siblings can be competitive.

Maybe the writers will give Horatio a girlfriend. Yelina can be jealous of the new girlfriend and it will underscore what her marriage lacks. She will divorce Ray. Ray also might divorce her to be with Suzie. Horatio can't date Yelina right away. It just wouldn't look right. Yelina might not want anything to do with men for awhile.

I just hope that if they do give Horatio a new girlfriend that she is real competition for Yelina. Someone who turns heads when she walks into the room. I don't want her threatening Yelina like Rebecca did. She doesn't have to last forever just long enough to make Yelina realize how much she loves Horatio.

12. Lucy

I was hoping that when Rebecca was on the scene, the writers would make more of it in terms of tension between her and Yelina. Up until 'Cop Killer', Yelina seemed oblivious to Rebecca's very existence. Then, there was that one scene between them in that episode which was great, but it was all over so quickly. Rebecca most definitely got her claws out, Yelina was like "whatever" :rolleyes:, and Rebecca disappeared off the scene.

I still wonder if Rebecca will return.... :devil:

13. midnight_tiptoes

You know what? If Yelina goes back to Raymond then she has absolutely no self-respect. After all he put her through, the cheating, the lies... she'd be a masochist if she went back to him.

Besides, she's still with Rick.

Oy: Horatio/Yelina/Rick/Raymond. It's a quadrangle!

14. Lucy

Absolutely! I really don't think Yelina would go back to Raymond for the reasons you have mentioned. I would be so disappointed if she did. I've always considered her to have plenty of self respect.

*crosses fingers hoping writers are reading my mind*

15. midnight_tiptoes

I really hope she doesn't. She's victimized enough as it is. Give her some back bome.

Actually, after all this mess she should be alone for a while. A long while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.