Horatio/Yelina #9: If You Could Read My Mind....

Which thread name do you like best?

• If You Could Read My Mind

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • What Hurts The Most Was Being So Close

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • My Love Is Only For You

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • In This Life I Was Loved By You

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Do I Have To Say The Words

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters
^Thanks! I was wondering what she said in the magazine. SM always seems to be the one talkng about H/Y but not DC.

I wish for once we'd find out DC's thoughts on H/Y.

After I posted, I was worried people would think I don't like H. It's just that I'm disappointed and frustrated that DC has allowed the writers to make his character become a joke. I saw a photo sequence on MSN's website and they named DC's Horatio (and Vincent D'Onofrio's Goren) something like the most comical to watch (I don't remember, exactly, the title). DC has a lot of power as the star and I just can't believe he buys into all that H has become. Those of us who contribute to this thread know that spending more time with Y could fix all (well, most) of H's problems...

I agree, absolutely. I know I certainly don't like what H has become. I am fond of my H/Y memories, when the show was well written, and far less superficial, but now, H and CSI Miami do nothing for me at all. I love Seasons 1-3, but unless I know Yelina is appearing, I have zero interest now.

I’m so liberal, I never thought I would think that way, but all I could ever say about H/M or GSR was “What? Yuck!!!”
(Have I crossed a line here. Will I be getting a nastygram from Lucy? I couldn’t quite tell from reading the rules.)

I don't moderate in this forum anymore. ;) But, it's okay to express a dislike of certain 'ships' (heaven knows I have re H/M), but it's best to be dispassionate about it, in the best interests of the forum. Otherwise, fans of said ships can take offence, and this creates bad feeling and potential problems.

H/Y will always have a special place for me, and I maintain I think tptb will get H/Y together someday but it's a little too late for me. My new ship is a whole lot more satisfying for me now.

Hrockz, you remind me of myself 18 months ago or so. I knew that if TGTB continued to neglect H/Y it was only a matter of time before you moved on. As for satifying ships - it sure feels good, doesn't it? How lovely that some writers are capable of rewarding fans. :D

You're not all gonna leave me behind right? I'll never jump ship thats for sure. Yes I am fan of other ships aswell but H/Y will always be #1! The chemistry between those two is just sizzling hot, hotter than I have ever seen before. (And yes I watch Bones too).

Even if we don't get rewarded for our patience in the end (which I don't think will happen), I'll be very grateful for the great moments we DID get in S1 till S3. And the scenes in Burned!

I haven't been watching any new episodes for a few months, no not losing interest just seen them too much already *grin*. Can't wait for the new season!

^Thanks! I was wondering what she said in the magazine. SM always seems to be the one talkng about H/Y but not DC.

I wish for once we'd find out DC's thoughts on H/Y.
I know, I wish he would say something about H/Y. I can't believe no interview has asked him about them.
You're not all gonna leave me behind right? I'll never jump ship thats for sure. Yes I am fan of other ships aswell but H/Y will always be #1! The chemistry between those two is just sizzling hot, hotter than I have ever seen before. (And yes I watch Bones too).
Hey, I'm not going anywhere! They're still #1 in my book too.:) Something's got to give somewhere with these two and I think it will. I'm still waiting to get rewarded and I think I will. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:lol:

Been awhile since I've been in here myself. Lucy I sure do miss ya lady. TPTB have really messed up Miami. It really did go downhill with the H/M story. I'll never understand the logic there. lol I also agree they probably could've made a go of it with Rebecca but killed it in that one ep Cop KIller.

Been awhile since I've been in here myself. Lucy I sure do miss ya lady. TPTB have really messed up Miami. It really did go downhill with the H/M story. I'll never understand the logic there. lol I also agree they probably could've made a go of it with Rebecca but killed it in that one ep Cop KIller.

Aw, I've missed you too. *hugs* Yes, they sure have messed up - big time! So many of the regular posters that were here have either left or are just lurking. I tend to lurk more these days, but I'm still here. ;) I hope you are okay, hon. :)

I've read only 2 fan fiction stories related to this pairing and I enjoyed them very much; show wise, the love and devotion is plain to see. I think the episode where Yelina thinks that they will leave on a plane to Brazil, but then discovers her husband is on the plane and that she has to go with him was the most touching. Horatio was doing his duty being a *faithful brother-in-law*, you could see the mixed insecurity in Raymond's eyes at first until he saw Horatio being true to himself-sacrificing his own happiness for the good of others, his family. Of course Ray didn't appreciate it fully, but just of course for his own gain. Horatio looked lonely in that scene -one could feel the sadness behind those eyes. I wish after the Rio episode, or even the one where Ryan gets fired in the end they could have let them start building their own relationship.
To me Yelina is the only woman I can see him with, everything else, especially this Julia thing rings false.

H/Y are still my fav, too. I didn't think H/Rebecca could have had the chemistry of H/Y. As much as I get frustrated with DC, both he and SM have to be great actors to make the chemistry appear so natural. Despite that frustration, I'll be staying for a while. If you really want frustration with a "ship" though, you should watch all those years of Gunsmoke epis on TVLand; Matt's and Kitty's TPTB never did let on if they had a relationship (LOL). And what about Perry Mason and Della Street? Ahh, the 50's; The "Greatest Generation" did survive the Depression and "win" WWII, but they sure were uptight. Glad I didn't get interested in TV until the next decade. (Yes, I'm that old, but at least we had fun in the 60's and 70's)
Lucy, I owe you thanks; I had never watched BSG until looking at your avatar and comments. Now there's a great ship, in both meanings!!!

To me Yelina is the only woman I can see him with, everything else, especially this Julia thing rings false.

Agreed, wholeheartedly. Welcome to the thread, btw. :)

Lucy, I owe you thanks; I had never watched BSG until looking at your avatar and comments. Now there's a great ship, in both meanings!!!

That's is so good to know! :D I'm very glad you were prompted to take a look at BSG. There have been a few of us in this thread who have taken a FTL jump over to the amazing Battlestar Galactica. In terms of the relationship between the Admiral and President, Season 4 has been incredible.

Thank you Lucy. I love it here. I'm still learning my way around- it's a great board too. As for this Julia thing, I say it rings false because she is essentially an evil woman and Horatio's instincts are too well honed to not have sensed it. I'm not believing that plot line and I dare to say she's so crooked that she even doctored the DNA records. I don't believe that Kyle is his son! If anyone should be having children by Horatio it should be Yelina- she makes such a great mom.

Aww Lucy! It's great to see you again! You've been missed. The on thing I must say about this thread and the H/Y ship is the great friends I've made here. But like you said, alot of us have left or are lurking.

As for satifying ships - it sure feels good, doesn't it? How lovely that some writers are capable of rewarding fans. :D

Yes it does! Actually H/Y is the only ship for me so far where I haven't been rewarded. But I totally happy with my new ship at the moment.

I think the episode where Yelina thinks that they will leave on a plane to Brazil, but then discovers her husband is on the plane and that she has to go with him was the most touching. Horatio was doing his duty being a *faithful brother-in-law*, you could see the mixed insecurity in Raymond's eyes at first until he saw Horatio being true to himself-sacrificing his own happiness for the good of others, his family. Of course Ray didn't appreciate it fully, but just of course for his own gain. Horatio looked lonely in that scene -one could feel the sadness behind those eyes. I wish after the Rio episode, or even the one where Ryan gets fired in the end they could have let them start building their own relationship.

How well put ruby. And welcome to the ship. It is quite amazing that after the stalling and going nowhere with this H/Y ship (ok no, they're not a ship) there are still new posters and fans. It just goes to show how great H/Y are.

How true. I agree whole-heartedly with what you said.

As for this Julia thing, I say it rings false because she is essentially an evil woman and Horatio's instincts are too well honed to not have sensed it. I'm not believing that plot line and I dare to say she's so crooked that she even doctored the DNA records. I don't believe that Kyle is his son!

Wow that's really a stretch! I really like Kyle and his interaction with H, so I don't want that to be true. Although if it were, it'll be way to soap-opera-like, even for Miami. And we all know how much DC wants H to be a father. So your scenarios is unlikely to be true. We should all be grateful he didn't father any offspring with her-who-should-not-be-named. :rolleyes: I think Kyle's here to stay, but I hope Julia goes.

If anyone should be having children by Horatio it should be Yelina- she makes such a great mom.

Again totally agree, but if they are intending to, they better get to it real quick. They aren't getting any younger! :p

Aww Lucy! It's great to see you again! You've been missed. The on thing I must say about this thread and the H/Y ship is the great friends I've made here. But like you said, alot of us have left or are lurking.

Thanks Hrockz. It's good to see you all again too. :) Speaking of friends made in this thread, I will be meeting up with our dear Pusher in the real world on Tuesday, here in the UK. :D

It`s great to see ours fav H/Y thread go so well. :) Welcome to the all new guys here.

Speaking of friends made in this thread, I will be meeting up with our dear Pusher in the real world on Tuesday, here in the UK. :D

Is it Tuesday yet?! :D

Pusher! Great to see you dropping by too! *hugs*

Sorry for being OT, can't think of anything relevant to say at them moment..... kinda sad isn't it? :(

As to Julia and Kyle
Thanks- probably will agree to disagree- something about Kyle makes my flesh crawl; I felt it from the moment I first saw him, but it really hit when Julia was fixing his suit, telling him that he was handsome, just like his father. I was saying yeah, but who IS the real DAD? Sorry, I would love to find out that those records were doctored those two are more crooked than a pair of sidewinders! I know that Horatio wants to be a dad, I just can't see Kyle as flesh of his flesh. Horatio and Yelina are not too long in the tooth yet- might see a child from them yet (I can hope...) Glad to be on board the ship as a newbie- thanks, everyone.

Last edited:
Back