Horatio/Yelina #8: Waiting A Lifetime For A Moment Like This

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

Re: Horatio/Yelina #8: Waiting A Lifetime For A Moment Like

Happy b-day, Hrockz, even tho' its not your b-day any more where you are. . .now that I'm back, I need to catch up on your fanfic. . .

Well, Tally, Texas is a lot hotter, and my location a lot more humid than England. I think of London, around England, and Europe to be a great vacation I'm home from, but I really miss our village like I miss my own home. :( We had lots of good friends and times there. :)

HnM, I have been wondering what happened to you! You don't know me, but when I first got here a few months back, I read every one of the previous threads, so I feel I know you pretty well. . .hope your back is still good! :D

Luce, I'm not too sure about your comment about admitting to being in denial. . .when someone is in denial, doesn't it mean that they can't admit the truth even to themselves? :confused:

Thanks for all the welcome backs - the trip was great. :D

Kermit that cake you brought for Hrockz looks delicious! :D

2. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Speaking of the concept of 'shipping' and being in denial, I think there are two ways of looking at it. There are those who are quite literally in denial, and indeed, they cannot admit the truth to themselves. Instead, they choose to ignore what is really going on and often twist 'reality' to suit their own agenda. They actually take their own spin to be fact, and confuse fanon with canon.

Then, there are those who like to ignore or avoid the truth and still twist things, but in reality, they admit they are doing this and see things from a more light-hearted perspective.

I hope that clarifies. It's early here and I need coffee! ;)

3. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

Well, I think there should be enough for everyone. ;) (It's a typical Danish birthday cake called a 'lagkage', a 'layercake').

I really hope that we'll see Sofia more when she's done with her other projects. TGTB should just tell her that they want her, so that she doesn't make any other plans. (Yeah right, like that's ever gonna happen). :lol:

4. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Hi! I'm a newbie to this thread. :) Anyway, I've been watching Miami sporadically over the years and it's just now that I've finally gotten Seasons One to Four on DVD and I have Season Five on tape as well as the latest episodes. I'm currently in the middle of Season Three. I've got to say that the chemistry between Horatio and Yelina comes across the screen very well and that the unresolved sexual tension is very palpable. It's like the air is filled with it that you can slice through it with a knife.

5. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Thanks for all the birthday wishes and the cake Luna. I'm sure there's enough for all *helps self to slice of cake*

And thanks Tati for the dialogue, I'm sure if that really happened I'll fall out of my chair. though one can imagine :devil:

Welcome mandy9578 another new H/Y fan.

6. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Thanks for the welcome Hrockz . :) I just finished watching Cop Killer and the scene between Yelina and Rebecca Nevins was really something. It's like both were getting territorial. I was going 'ooohh'. By the way,I just wanted to ask if Yelina knew about Horatio dating Rebecca at that point? Thanks. :D

7. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Welcome mandy9578! :D

Re H dating Rebecca, I think we are to assume that Yelina worked it out for herself, though it wasn't specifically referred to.

Speaking of Rebecca, I hear that she appeared in last nights episode ('Inside Out')! She was in her same DA's role, according to posts in the Miami Forum. I haven't seen it for myself though. I would love to see her investigate Horatio. Another Yelina/Rebecca scene would also be most welcome! Maybe the writers do read our comments afterall. :eek:

8. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Welcome mandy9578. :)

drgnldy, I know what you mean about going from one completely different home environment to another. It'll take a while to sort through.

HnM, I did get your PM. Been a tad busy but you should get something form me tonight. Mind you, it's bordering on essay proportions, so you've been warned. BTW, LOVE the avvie. :) Swoon worthy, it has to be said.

Pity we've had a S5 ep with Rebecca but sans Y. Great match up that when it happened the last time out. Y was brilliant!

9. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Thanks Lucy and TallyHo for the welcome! :)

Yelina is very astute and observant that way. I suppose her detective skills kicked in to figure that one out. :D

That would be pretty interesting...Rebecca investigating ex-boyfriend H. :lol: Yup, another face off between Yelina and Rebecca would be awesome, to say the least. :D

10. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

^ Welcome to the party mandy9578 help yourself to some cake. :)

A jealous Y would be amazing. I'm sure she would 'stake her claim', so to speak.

Tati: I'm sure that's what they're saying too. It's a good thing a Hummer is so spacious... :devil:

11. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Welcome mandy9578 to H/Y thread from me too. :D

Hummm... after I read that Rebecca is back in S6 I take one quick look at this epi and was think that something is missing ... now I know what is this .... ours dear Yelina hehe

In 'Inside Out' for me H act a way too rough with Rebecca. (I don`t think she know what connection have between H and the boy ). For me she just do her job and if H was said that Kyle is his own son the things will be a bit different. In meaning Rebecca will try to understand or even try to help... don`t know why... I just feel it this way... but this is just me. ;) Also knowing ours tgtb will be too much to hope that from this Rebecca appearance can come some intrigue - revenge plot line. Yep I too agree that this can lead again to personal 'crash' between her and Yelina, but only the time will show... For ours big regret tgtb are too weak when it`s come to continuation... for example S5 H go ask Rick for help and now S6E02 Rick was back and he try to help H :eek: hello, what happen with theirs eternal enmity :rolleyes: *sigh* One more miss possibility for H/Y/Rick triangle...

Congratulations Luce for ur 3-th palce win in 'Park' Photo Comp. :D Btw I too like 'Monsters Inc.' movie. ;)

12. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Thanks luna and Pusher. :)

Yes, a jealous Y 'staking a claim' as you say would be fun to watch. I'm going through my CSI: Miami marathon, so I'm not really up to speed as to what's happening currently. I'm more than half way through Season Three. Hopefully, I'll be finished by the end of the week with Season Four...maybe even Five. *Crosses fingers* :D

13. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

welcome mandy9578 have fun posting here,i know what it's like doing a csi Miami marathon done myself few weeks ago

14. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Thanks HC! Don't worry, I know I'll have fun posting here. :) As for my Miami marathon, it's so exhilarating and exhausting at the same time...I might get to finish it if I go anti-social this weekend but alas, I have a family reunion...So I'm hoping to finish it by Friday...but again, I love sleeping too much! :lol: :lol:

15. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Welcome mandy9578!

It would be good to see Yelina and Rebecca really go at it full-fledged (who wouldn't want to play tug-of-war with Horatio?) I think that, in the past, we have seen some really deep competetiveness between them. Makes for good drama.

Quite understandable, Luce. It is good to be back and I am doing well. We two need to catch up! *hugs*

It's nice to meet you! We, of the H/Y lot, are usually a pretty close group so I do hope to get to know you more. And thanks for asking about my back, it's doing fabulously! :D

Tals the icon is definately made out of swoon :devil:, and I did get your PMs. Length doesn't bother me a'tall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.