Horatio & Yelina #2: Silent Thunder--Love Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
HoratioAndMe (can I call you HnM or Sher?), your fanfic is exceptional. They all are infact. One thing that impresses me about H/Y fans (I don't like the word shipper!) is that they are discerning, they have their feet on the ground and they understand the characters. :)

Lucy, your avatar is great! :D

feet on the ground, yeah I like that :D

I tell you what when I found out that they hugged ( before I found out about Yelina leaving) my feet were not on the floor then :lol:

I became a HoYay fan after the US saw the last eppy of season three, so I missed all the intense conversations and episode anylisis...

Can you guys tell me what it was like, were you insanly crazy :D

Good job by all who are very generously supplying us with the brilliant FFs. Thank you much Olly, HnM, Leanne and Luce. More of the same, please :)

I must say HnM, the retropective unfolding for the basis of the relationship has been very nicely done; something one hoped we would have had glimpses of in this season.

*casting a SKUNK EYE over at miami's you-know-who*

As already mentioned by Luce and MD, the story stays exceptionally true to the series as we know it and the essence of the characters as portrayed. In other words, you've written them as I can easily imagine them being i.e. true to form. Bravo!

Thank-you everyone for the comments and compliments on my fic and I will indeed continue the dream sequences. :)

I have indeed worked quite hard on it: character analysis (call me crazy :p), digging out my medical terminology books, etc. I've basically added something I learn to every installment.
Also I try to put as much thought and feeling into the characters as possible; as Thomas Wolfe wrote, "So far as the artist is concerned, the unlimited extent of human experience is not so important for him as the depth and intensity with which he experiences things."

Writing this fic has been a definate release for me--and has kept my annoyance at the writers from boiling over too much :rolleyes:.

Also, it has been a true godsend to have those of you who appreciate and enjoy the story. :D

"So far as the artist is concerned, the unlimited extent of human experience is not so important for him as the depth and intensity with which he experiences things."
Yes indeed HnM. So very true. :)

I love this picture and just felt like posting it!

tn_851.jpg

Oh wow, the final scene of 'Hurricane Anthony'. A truly magnificent piece of television. One of the finest, most touching moments between two CSI characters ever. Beautifully orchestrated.

It really was. Damien Rice's 'Delicate' was so very appropriate too. It is probably my favorite scene between them, if I had to choose one.

I'm still waiting for my Season 3 dvds to arrive, so I can't tell you which version of 'Nothing To Lose' it is. As soon as I know, I'll post it here. Unless anyone else knows of course! ;)

*gasps!* Hurricane Anthony! I love that episode. Ironicaly, thanks to the Hurricane, H & Y can spend some time together fixing the shutters..or is it*gets smacked by PG-13-o-meter* Oik! :devil: :lol:. My mind's in the gutter again!

Still haven't gotten my season 3 DVD either, Luce. I've gotten a message that the 'shipment may be delayed due to holiday mail traffic', so I wouldn't know about the scene yet.

Ok, my installment of the group fic is up right here

Sounds like that was the first time you've seen "HA", yes? It's an absoulutely CHOICE scene with the set up and execution specifically engineered by AD (in her more sane years). Every single nuance performed to perfection by SM and DC. I'm with Luce, it's my all time fav scene between these two.

BTW, did ya notice the parallels between H and Miguel (Martin Modesto’s bro-in-law) i.e. when Miguel returns to inform H about his sister giving birth to a baby boy. Horatio asked Miguel, "Are you going to look in on the little boy?" and Miguel countered that it would feel weird because he didn’t always approve of the way his late brother-in-law treated his sister, so he wouldn’t know what to say to the little boy about his late father. To which Horatio replied, "Let’s tell him his father died trying to save their home".

Horatio’s use of "Let’s tell him.....", and not "Why don’t you tell him..." seemed to be an indication of Horatio identifying with Miguel’s situation. Both men have been called upon to be "surrogate fathers" to their nephews; both men did not always approve of the treatment of their respective sister and sister-in-law by their husbands; and both men will at some point tell their nephews that their fathers’ died trying to save their homes/family(er, of course at the time Raymond was still technically dead. *sigh*).

This scene between H and Miguel then sets us up nicely for that scene at the end. Once again we see Horatio struggling with reconciling the responsibility of minding his brother’s family with the enormity of his feelings for Yelina.

With that scene, I especially savored the manner in which inwardly, Horatio was weathering his own emotional version of Hurricane Anthony, whilst outwardly, all his physical actions and intonations are deliberate, soft, and quiet albeit tempered by an air of nervous anticipation. Then for the final touch par excellence, there was the compelling imagery of the sun breaking through the clouds and that of Horatio moving past one set of barriers.

Tally has a great knack of doing that! Perception of the highest order. ;)

Hope to update my part of the fic very soon. My Season 3 dvds have been delayed too HnM . I should get them Saturday/Monday. :)

I have an ovewhelming urge to watch 'Hurricane Anthony' again now! :D

Yeah I'd picked up the paralells between the brother-in-law and H too....they did that well in a lot of season 2 eppys, all with H/Y...the end of 'money for nothing', and the end of 'the Oath'....great scenes in these eppys! ;)

Ooooh I would love to see the scene when Yelina first sees Madison :devil: but until the second part of season two is released in the UK - I'll continue to watch Hurricane Anthony :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back