Horatio/DC#14: Even heroes have the right to bleed

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

I think H had every right to enjoy killing them. If a gang took the lives of people I care about, I would take great pleasure in killing its hardcore members.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ I wouldn't. *shrugs*

Horatio pretty much contradicted his entire character when he did that. Didn't he say in season one "Justice isn't for you to dispense, and now you're going to pay for it."

Has he evolved? Sure. Would that evolution cause him to take actions not forseen in earlier seasons? Probably. I just think TPTB went a little far for the sake of 'coolness'. I still found the scene entertaining despite that last part. :rolleyes: I rather like him as Rambo. ;)

I'm really hoping since we've had Horatio in a lab coat twice that he'll continue with it! Part of the fun for me when watching earlier seasons was Horatio putting things together, and the banter between he and Megan when he stated he was 'up' on the latest technology recognizing what her face was saying. :lol:

3. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

He did, and I strongly disagree with that statement of his - most people have every right to dispense justice, and H was, in my opinion, selfish to say that. Just never take justice too far.

4. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I couldn't have said it better myself. Totally agree with you. What makes it worse is that in s6 he's still dispensing advice to people about how wrong it is to take someone's life and nobody deserves to die blah blah and he goes off and kills those Mala Noche. It's totally contradictory. But like you said I found the "Rambo-H" rather entertaining, cool even.

Me too!

5. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

Devolved you say? It beggared plausibility even by Miami standards, but I don't think detracted from the overall story, and they certainly made up a lot of it with the labcoat *squeee!!*. TPTB were at least consistent and followed it up the next night with SuperMac taking on the deadliest assassin in NY by himself with no back up and he emerged unscathed with a perfect shot to her gut and a confession to boot. :rolleyes:

Ah yes, that would be awesome to keep that. Perhaps a lighter wardrobe to go with his nice, shiny coat??:guffaw:

6. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Yes that too! :drool:

7. Juma

Juma Police Officer

8. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I was just thinking, our last thread, I think it was the last DC/H thread we were all complaining about how H is never in the lab anymore. And in 'Ambush' and 'All In' we finally get to see him in a labcoat working in the lab :drool:

We should do the same, complain and clamour more about Super-H. I mean we all want to see at least a scratch or cut on the guy right? Hence the title of our current thread. Maybe it'll happen if we all just made more noise about it. The last time H got hurt was in 'Body Count' if I'm not wrong. And that was a long time ago....

Time to see a bruised, battered, bleeding H. I'm not saying he has to be hurt real bad, just a little cut would be nice. :rolleyes:

9. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I agree...maybe if we complain enough we can get through...We've finally got him in the lab again, so maybe just maybe, we can get the more human H back. Body Count is the only time I can remember him really hurt and that was in season one.

I will admit though, at least to me it seems, he's been more like the old H (aside from that little fiasco in Brazil in All In:rolleyes:)....I think he's (non-super H) still there, he just needs a little help in bringing himself back.

10. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Yeah I too would like to see H get a little more hurt physically because they put this invisible shield around the guy. They have been hurting him emotionally though--really Marisol dying, Ray dead then alive then dead again and now he finds he has a kid and Kyles mom is back and she and H are at odds and now her boyfriend is abusive. So emotionally the guy has to be drained, I would be.

Now saying that we would like H to be hurt, I really hope that DC stays OK with the crazed stalker still being on the loose. That has to be scary for him and the safety of his family.

11. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

We might be getting a little of the old H back, but still it'll be nice to see him human. I mean in 'Guerillas in the Midst' his Hummer exploded and he didn't even have a scratch on him!

I mean it had the cool factor but still I'd at least loved to see a cut or something, I mean there was an explosion! And he was in the car!

I agree H has been dealt with alot of s**t emotionally, and it's time he got a break and escaped from angst-ville. Unless David himself likes H to be this way. You know how tptb listen to him :rolleyes:

We should really make more noise about H getting hurt.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  12. luvmiamicrew88

luvmiamicrew88 Victim

I also love David Caruso. I liked him on NYPD Blue, but I like his character on CSI sooooo much better. And in my opinion he's getting more handsome the older he gets and the older the show gets. He's got that haggard look I like so much. lol And when Jim Carey did Horatio taking off his sunglasses, it was terrific!! So glad to be a member in this board.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2008
  13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Juma, thanks for the article. (I missed seeing you around here, by the way. :eek:)

I hope that stalker gets caught--poor Caruso and his family, they definitely don't deserve that kind of obsessive fan. That's just creepy and wrong.

I was so happy when I saw that, and when it happened in the next episode, I was even happier! It was so nice to see him really participating and getting back to his scientific roots.

He also received a scratch on his forehead during 'Hurricane Anthony'. :D

I'd like to see the guy get a bruise or a scratch. The scene where the Hummer was blown to pieces was a little unreal and really portrayed the wrong aspect of the character, in my opinion. He's always been holier-than-thou in a sense but he isn't invincible. And like Hrockz said, he was in the bloody Hummer when it happened! Hello, he would have some soot on him, much like what happened in 'Tinder Box' at the beginning.

And yeah, H has definitely dealt with a lot of emotional things so he definitely should evolve and change but it's strange for someone to block out emotions altogether. I don't know, maybe he's just like that but in season one/two/three with the brother storyline, he didn't block his emotions away. I think I liked him better in season two. He was a happy medium between strong and silent as well as passionate about his job/doesn't take crap.

The labcoat scenes recently gave me some hope that I'd get to see the old H again and that maybe he'll procure at least one little booboo next season. :lol:

14. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

*smacks self on forehead*Oh yeah, I forgot about that! And it's one of my fave Miami epys!

Let's hope so. Let's keep going this way keep talking about H getting hurt, maybe someone will hear us, just like the labcoat issue. And maybe we'll get to see H actually bleed a little. :cool:

15. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I don't know if it's ok to post this here, but I was curious, I read this weird article:

I was wondering if there's some true on it, if he's never close to a door, or if it's just gossip or fake rumours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.