Horatio/DC#14: Even heroes have the right to bleed

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Thanks Hcrazy for the scans from the mag. DC looks hot!!! :drool: I especially like the one with him and Hugh Laurie. :)

He should smile like that more on the show... :drool:

2. TML

TML Hit and Run

Horatio's interrogation style reminds me of Mike Wallace (60 Minutes).

3. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Oh I totally agree with you...he shouldn't hide that cute smile of his. When he smiles he's just so adorable, you just want to jump him.:lol:

4. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Hey everyone - what's up?? Kinda quiet in here after so many surprises by our main man last night ;)

So what did we all think of our beloved Horatio FINALLY doing some lab work? :eek: Maybe TPTB saw the last thread name (Where have all the labcoats gone?), and they finally found one for him! :lol: I didnt' think he owned one of those anymore, so it was awesome to see. Personally, I thought he looked pretty hot actually processing evidence (and wearing gloves!) :drool::thumbsup:

Also, I think he was a little more vulnerable in this ep - we need our old H back, and I'm looking forward to seeing how he's gonna get outta this Brazil mess (I just hope it's not a "super H" thing :rolleyes: )

5. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

6. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

It was so good to see him working in the lab again! I got a flashback to the earlier seasons and the Horatio that I fell in love with. I had forgotten just how good the man looked in a lab coat. He makes those things sexy.:drool: Slowly, but surely our old H is coming back.

7. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ I LOVED him in the labcoat, and we got it more than once. :D

It brought me back to old times as well and for some reason, the episode seemed to make more sense when H was in the lab working. Like he was aware of the evidence that connected the suspects to the crime because he had a hand in putting the pieces together. I'd definitely like to see more of that, it was such a great treat.

8. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Well, I guess "Super H" is back - was anyone surprised? :rolleyes: I HATED that opening scene - running through the woods and taking down every Mala Noche in Brazil? Seriously??? :wtf: I mean, how many bullets were in that gun, and why is H always such a sure $%#@$# shot? It's completely absurd.

And then the "Miami style" thing - oh man, that was horrible. I don't like H the assassin at all, although I can't say I didn't see it coming. It's like he has no problem taking lives. I can understand self defence - but this was WAY over the top - just when I was hoping that TPTB might've been listening ... :rolleyes:

Of course, we did get him processing evidence in a lab coat again :drool:, and I liked the angst over his CSI, but his arc felt really incomplete to me. The H I know would've at least been w/Tripp, Ryan and Eric when they finally helped save Cal. :rolleyes: He's so concerned, but then he's so distant - it's like the man doesn't appreciate anyone in his life anymore - Eric, Yelina, Calleigh - these are all people who have stepped out for him numerous times, and yet it seems like when the chips are down, and he has to face the consequences, he just slinks away. Sure, he's good at pointing guns at people, but I'd really like to see the compassionate Horatio back - the emotional leader of the team. It's just weird. :confused:

9. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I think it has always been stated that Miami was the more comic book like, action-packed of the CSI shows. Hence it tends to take liberties with reality.

When I saw the H killing off the Mala Noche scene to me it was way cool but I laughed out loud at how incredulous it was. The trick to watching the show these days is to remind yourself that this is Miami, and that things don't always go accoring to what it would be like in real life. Once you got that in your head, the two new epys were actually very enjoyable, especially H back in the lab, and even the unbelievable assasin H scene. Although it was kinda disturbing that H had a slight smile on his face as he fired his gun and killed those Mala Noche off. Almost like he enjoyed it too much. Creeped me out a little.

My only gripe is that I wish H at least had a scratch on his face from all that facing off withthe bad guys. I mean even Bruce Willis had cuts and scratches on him in all the 'Die Hard' movies... :rolleyes:

But H was there to rescue Cal, in fact if he wasn't here it would have been a nice change. In fact Ryan, Eric and Frank at the table without H was nice cos I initially thought it would be good that for once H doesn't save the day. But he did in the end.

On the whole I think there was an improvement in the H character, at least he's finally back in the lab. I hope it's not a once off thing. I mean the man looked so hot in that coat and with latex gloves on! :drool:

10. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

^I agree with what you said Hrockz. I mean the guy's not invincible, so if he gets a scratch on him it's not going to be that bad to handle. Somewhere behind those sunglasses there's a man that's just as human as the next person....just don't hurt the sunglasses.:lol: I did enjoy when they all saved Calleigh and I liked how Eric, Frank, and Ryan gathered around her at the end. I loved it when H told that guy he better fold lol...that was a great line.

I want to see more in the lab action. H + labcoat=:drool:

11. patluver144

patluver144 Police Officer

oh i agree with all of you. h is really staring 2 become his old self again and thats good. omg he looked delicious in that lab coat:devil:
    what i don't understand is that everytime he gets into a sticky situation he aways gets out of it like the trip to brazil. i don't know how he just gets away with murder not like i wanted him to get introuble or anything its just like nothing happen

12. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

It's been a while but I actually caught the two parter (holiday in Canada! Good timing ;))

I had to comment, always positive first, I'm with you girls Horatio in a lab coat processing, I smiled broadly, plus I loved the way he picked up on Cal's clues and managed to follow her evidence that was just like the old days, took me back!

My real point though, I am majorly disappointed with TPTB decision on the Noche massacre!

I am unashamedly a Horatio girl, I absolutlely love the man, he is one my favourite characters ever because of seasons 1 -3. It was hard not to fall in love with the man. Gentle, compassionate, scarey in his pursuit of justice, absolutely deadly in getting his man through the law and pursuing him until he can legally get resolution.

The first scene was just a complete death to that character, whatever possessed them to let him blow away those guys with a grin on his face and a quirly line on his lips....NO, NO, NO!

Oh I understand that he had to take some out to get away, but to shoot a guy in the back when retreating, to stand over him and blow him away :scream:

And he is still randomly treatening people, not needed! "This will be your last week on earth" :eek: I understand the sentiment but c'mon H!

Anyway I was and still am cross, but great eppisodes otherwise shame about 3 minutes of madness

13. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Yes that was the part I didn't like, perhaps it would have been abit more palatable if he didn't have that grin on his face while he was killing everyone off. Like he enjoyed it abit too much!

Other than that I have no complaints. Like I said, I :lol: at the scene but I loved the opening scene neverhteless. Cool H in the style of a John Woo movie.

But both 'Ambush' and 'All In' were very enjoyable compared to whatwe've had in a long time.

My only grouse is that the writers should get their story straight, if not it makes H such a hypocrite. Like when he talks to suspects, victims etc he always maintains they shouldn't take revenge blah blah, it's wrong to take a life but he goes off and does the very opposite of what he preaches. They paint H to be such a conflicting character.

14. chazcatz

chazcatz Victim

Agree.

I can't believe H will kill those many people without a hesitate, it make him cold-blood and -- yes, as you said -- hypocrite.

And it's not self-defense, at least not when he shot the last person who laid on the ground without weapon.

OMG, please kill me, screenwriter of 'All In'... or kill yourself, yeah it's even better.

But I can excuse the director, yeah, coz H in this scene actually look very HOT and charming *shy* (just let us forgot the plot, okay?)

(OK please don't tell me if screenwriter & director are the same guy...)

15. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

It was so good to see H in his lab coat again. These two episodes really made me happy. After some let down episodes earlier in the season they really made some good choices in these episodes. It was wonderful to see the Horatio of the past slowly returning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.