Horatio/DC#14: Even heroes have the right to bleed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luce said:
To me, it feels like the writers are continually trying to 'refresh' the show, with no real concept of continuity. It has become a show that seems to live very much for the moment, as opposed to combining fresh new storyarcs with historically significant ones - certainly where H's backstory is concerned.

Very true and well said. For me the only logical way one new plot line to be introduce is to unite past with present. Also in S 1-3 H character was ground/base with one great background stroy - Yelina, Ray Jn. Maddy... And now what we have ?! One absolutely new storyarcs... And coz of this without any continuity for me Miami saty like new tv show to me, one that I don`t like a lot.

I still wonder why TGTB decide to take raid of the real H familly (after S 1-3). All fan seems to like H more when they was around him. And even now tgtb to realize this, why they have to think out new part of H family ?! Fresh idea... nope don`t like it a lot - coz I`m almost sure that they won`t develop it well (did someone remember or understand H`s NY past ?!) and won`t try to make any connection with the past (as always too weak when it`s come to continuation)... they just try to play cool, but this don`t mean that they are cool.

Pusher said
For me the only logical way one new plot line to be introduce is to unite past with present.

Yes please! :)

I like the storyline with Horatio and his son (to me it doesn't seem as contrived as Marisol at least :rolleyes:), but I agree that more pressing matters are where did his other family go? Does Horatio actually look out for Ray Jr. like he has claimed? Haven't seen it. And where the rest of his past is concerned, details are rather sketchy and poorly developed.

I actually would have liked to see Horatio recognize who he currently has rather than those who show up in his life, six seasons in. From what I gathered re season four, those whom he's worked with all this time are his family along with Yelina and Ray Jr. If you add in Suzie and Madison, he doesn't need more family members. We understand he has a strong connection to family no matter how closely related they are to him. This idea that he needs to have children of his own is if I may, a complete disregard of how he's been portrayed in the earlier seasons.

I don't suppose Horatio and his super powers can figure out a way to build a time machine? Didn't think so. *sigh* I haven't seen a charcter so all over the map in a long time.

What pains me is much of these ideas we've been given throughout the recent seasons have been Caruso's doing. He has strength in many areas of television, but writing doesn't appear to be among those talents. ;) Though I still adore him.

It seems like TPTB are trying to grab more and more new audience with "splashy" effects and "hot" storylines pulled from today's headlines instead of developing the characters and their lives and backstories like they did in the earlier seasons of 1-3. I too would like to know what happened to Madison (has she recovered? Is she still living in Miami?) and more Yelina and Ray, Jr. (how is she coping with her new career as a PI and how is Ray, Jr. dealing with losing his father a second time and all?) Plus, I DO remember H's NY past... they really built that up for a while, with Stetler getting involved and at one point I think H even got a subpeona to testify in the trial in NY... but then nothing... :rolleyes:... I hope they handle this H/Kyle relationship better than that and really develop this situation in a good way and not sweep it under the rug like some of the other storylines they've had. I've heard TPTB state in older interviews that they don't like to get into the "private lives" of the characters outside of the lab, and that's OK (I don't want CSIM to go all soap opera on us) but they've done some really good character development on the other two CSI shows and I think that is lacking sometimes in CSIM.

H really needs to be "fleshed out" again as a character (like in S1-3) and not be the cardboard H that he has been for at least one season now. And if Kyle helps to accomplish this, then I am all for it (and him ;) )

And I agree with you, speed_cochrane... DC should stick with the acting side of things... He's so great at that... :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

yeah so were three eps into the season and i'm actually impressed with the way TPTB has been setting up the eps....it's actually a huge improvement from last season. not great mind you...but better. i just hope they don't screw up next weeks ep..cause if they do i swear they will PAY!!! and i think most of you know what's going to happen in next weeks ep...and if they screw it up....oh boy will i be mad!!

I'm in agrteement with Pusher and our dear mod. They gota combine past and present for H.

What pains me is much of these ideas we've been given throughout the recent seasons have been Caruso's doing. He has strength in many areas of television, but writing doesn't appear to be among those talents. Though I still adore him.
How very true.

Hi britlarencaruso! Awesome pics!!! I almost stopped breathing at a couple of them...Just a couple things though:

- Your signature can only have a banner or text, not both, and your banner is too big for this forum (it has to be 220x75).
- You can use your edit function at the top of your post to add something after you posted, otherwise you're double-posting

;) :) Have fun here!!!

Can't wait to see Horatio in Monday's eppy... I wanna see how he reacts to everything.

britlarencaruso, welcome to the thread!!!! hope you have lots of fun here....and you'll always be on my good side as long as you DO NOT insult my Speedy :D :lol: because as you can see I LOVE SPEED *points to name, siggy, location, icon* LOL!

anyways back to sexy DC!!!!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's ep!!! i just wish they'd put H in lighter suits again!!!! i love him in lighter suits!!! or how about with no jacket :D *drools*

Welcome to the Miami Forum britlarencaruso. :) Just to let you know, you can't post a picture as an image until you have reached 100 posts. Until then, you can post them as URL links.

Also, we have a CSI Miami Help and Info Thread which contains lots of useful tips and guidelines about posting here. :)

Here are some screencaps from Season 5 episode "Curse of the Coffin". For some reason H walking away from that burning car is hot (pun intended).

H1-2.jpg

H2-2.jpg

H3.jpg

The are from David Caruso Online.

thanks fot the pic mrsjrewing saw that epi little while ago,just liked it the he walked away from that car.

think i'm going to cry 2moro got the epi where Eric gets shot :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back