Horatio/DC # 13: Missing: The 'Real' H. Please Return ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio/DC#13: Missing The 'Real' H. Please Return ASAP!

anyone seen Mad Dog & Glory?

i watch this movie few times and i love it. :) DC is a lot young and his charatcer is very funny and 'fight' guy type. again play cop and all the time try to help and support his colleague Robert De Niro. the most i like one scene where he fight with double big men from him and win in the end ;) btw there play even Uma Thurman. i give 9 from 10 points for this old good film.

Just wanted to add something about the H, Ryan discussion that was going on awhile back. I think it's not H that's being unfair to Ryan, it's tptb that has been screwing with everyone, H included. Ryan was a driven, smart, young cop when we met him in s3 but they made him the whipping boy recently. And I don't like that.

If anything H has a soft spot for Ryan. You can tell from all the disapponted look on his face after he seees the video in 'Burned'. For now I can't think of other times when he has "stood up" for Ryan but the fact that he can trust his relatively new CSI to help him seek out the mole is enough to say H does trust Ryan. And I'm sure in s6 we'll see H doing something to help Ryan get his CSI job back.

On a different note, DC had his name submitted for an Emmy for best lead actor in CSI:Miami. The article from CSIFiles:
Emmy nomination

^ On a similar note, I just posted in the same topic in the Ryan thread. I really feel strongly about this issue of TPTB messing with Horatio- we have Superman instead of our sweet H now, plus all the other issues. Anyway, here's what I posted.

cainsugar said:
I always wondered why Horatio and Ryan aren't closer. They work together every day, have cases together, (the same as Eric and Horatio and they're very close) and yet they seem so far apart and like they don't even know each other. Everyone seems really close to Ryan and Horatio respectively, but they don't seem very close to each other. Maybe it has something to do with Horatio missing SPeed, or the fact that Ryan is considered his 'replacement' (in a bad way, though I don't view it this way) and Horatio might not be very likely to warm up to him because of it. But seriously, it's been three years and they've worked together for all this time.

I think they could have done a bit more with 'Nailed'. Horatio could have told Ryan how much he cares about him and hopes he'll get well, he could have sat with him like he did Eric, even said something as he was being wheeled into the ER or appeared worried. Even if they're not very close they're team member and have to stick together. I'm dissapointed in Horatio once again. *sigh*

I liked how in 'Burned' we saw a softer side of their relationship. Horatio was tough as nails when it came to figuring out what was going on with Ryan and gambling, but when he was fired he had this sincere look on his face, and seemed genuinely sad. And especially when Rya came to him the enxt episode, confused and in need of a friend, and Horatio told him he's be there for him and that the team wouldn't give up on him. It was sweet, and showed the better side of both characters. The Miami writers didn't slaughter that storyline, and it really worked out and I liked it in the end.

The only time Horatio has called Ryan Ryan was in 'Cop Killer' when they ambushed the supermarket, guns drawn, to find that kid, (Patrick) tied up. Now: s6, hopefully Horatio will eb able to call Ryan by his first name, damnit.

We might have seen more in "Nailed" but it ended up on the editing room floor like the Natalia storyline in "Rio" did.

Perhaps H has such respect for Ryan he calls him Mr. Wolfe instead of by his first name? So instead of dissing Ryan he holds him in very high regard. :)

Just a quickie two-cents worth:

:)It seems to me that H calling Ryan "Mr. Wolfe" is a term of respect, not at all demeaning or condesending.

Ryan joined the team very green, fresh from patrol, still in school with lots to learn. I believe H meant it as a compliment, commending his ambition to strive to be the best he can be. And, now it has stuck. ;)

:DI, for one, think it's Great!

Hey, has anyone seen Proof of Life? I hear that DC plays a good part in that. I've got to get more of DC's movies...I really want Gold Coast, but it's like $50 on amazon and it's only a VHS, not even a DVD?!?! I may just have to break down and buy it anyway.

***closes and locks door of solitary room again, to play strip poker with DC*** :devil: :devil: :devil:

***closes and locks door of solitary room again, to play strip poker with DC***

That'll be a fast game then. Since i KNOW he only has pants with no belt and one sock on. (We were in a rush to get dressed)

Hunter said:
***closes and locks door of solitary room again, to play strip poker with DC***

That'll be a fast game then. Since i KNOW he only has pants with no belt and one sock on. (We were in a rush to get dressed)

That's OK Hunter, I think we're just gonna skip the poker part and go straight to the strip... :lol: :devil:

OK, I fell into the Smutty Pool again... sorry. :rolleyes:

I just noticed that i'm the oldest person in this thread. In age AND in posts. (Other than the Mods/Feds of course. ;) )

horatiosangel said:
Hey, has anyone seen Proof of Life?

man, this is one of the best DC movies. I love his character Dinno. so so funny and so so play with big boys league and guns. :devil: u must see this film, believe me won`t be sorry for this ;) i don`t like a lot Russell Crowe and DC don`t have big part/role, but still can say 10 from 10 points for Proof of Life . we have also DC with military clothes and some very very funny quotes... one of the best charatcers that DC ever have play :D

I've seen 'Proof of Life', and I agree with Pusher that it was one of his better acting roles, although 'King of New York' takes the cake for me. I loved whenever his character Dino in 'Proof' puts on the camo fatigues and the face paint...HOT!!! I also love a quote he said in the movie, but for the sake of the minors on this board I shall refrain :)

^ yep to my top 5 list of the best DC movies enter/go in and 'King of New York'. even to be old film (1990), still i like it ;) DC most of the time play cops, and his caracters are on the line - between the good and bad side hehe for my regret he die in KoNY :( also i love and other of his work... maybe N 1 DC move for me is "Kiss of death" - wow there play and Nicolas Cage :devil:

I laughed my *** off when he died in KoNY. The way they did it was soooo funny..

"Hey you." :lol:

I've only seen that part of the film. And i've only seen 2 films with DC, Rambo & Black Point. I haven't even seen Rambo complete because it's so frickin' boring..

thanks Pusher, Mad Dog & Glory is now at the top of my list. :) along with King of New York which i really need to see because along with DC, Chris Walken is one of my all time favorite actors.

Proof of Life was really great, i LOVE Dino, he was so funny, and i agree EyeHeartH fatigues and facepaint, HOT! the whole movie is worth watching just for that scene lol.

^ ur welcome, hope u like MD&G ;)

hey Kit do u know when i laughed my *** off ... when i watch 'Hudson Hawk' (a lot weird film) and DC chracter Kit-Kat appear in one scene dress like woman - red gown and high heel of shoe :lol: btw hope soon u to have chance and see more DC movies. ;)

and re Rambo as much as boring is this movie if i meet DC (then back in the time) - young, thin, athletic, blue eyes, and so handsome - i`ll marry him without any doubt :devil:

the only one DC character that i feel sorry for him was in 'An Officer and a Gentleman' - so weak and afraid boy - in the end they throw him out of this army school or whatever institution it was, coz he almot drown in one training. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back