Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Th

I really wish that DC realized that the whole Marisol storyline was disliked by the majority of fans. He still seems really hung up on it and I find that slightly disconcerting. I'm hoping that the writers will allow the Horatio character to move on from this. I'm not saying he should forget her, but to me, the storyline was ridiculously contrived, especially the 'glamour cancer' she suffered from - just how insulting was that portrayal to the audience? I sometimes wonder if TPTB credit us with any intelligence at all.
Amen! I almost wonder if David and I were watching the same show because the whole Marisol aspect was nauseating. A rushed storyline featuring two actors with NO chemistry whatsoever and perhaps the worst depiction of cancer on TV ever. Just ugh.

I would love the Miami writers to consult fans every once in a while, but, alas, these days with all the lawsuits going on in the world, a lot of people in Hollywood refuse to talk to fans because they don't want to be sued for stealing ideas.

*looks around* Any one of you could be DC then... *starts hugging everyone* You're not DC, you're not... :lol:

Anyway, I do wish the stars thought like us fans- we're so RIGHT about this. I really thought that the whole Marisol thing was way to abrupt and that it was more him giving her a comfort for the rest of her life rather than love. And DC? IMO, if you want Horatio to die *hint hint, what could this mean??* thinking about somone, the person he should be thinking about? Someone more like your family (mother, maybe) your brother, and the people who've made you even close to happy- the CSI team.

Well if DC was on he'd definately be in the DC thread...you can bet the ranch on it. (now i'm the official mayor of Dorkville)

Seriously, what was with the talk of how H was gonna die?? Who thinks about that? not me. nope. not in the least. And why would he see Marisol...who he knew for 3 months...and not the team...which he has known for years. c'mon dc! besides, she was young enough to be his daughter...thats just sort of creepy. *singin* ain't sayin shes a golddigga, but she ain't messin...

[/rant]

the whole Marisol aspect was nauseating. A rushed storyline featuring two actors with NO chemistry whatsoever and perhaps the worst depiction of cancer on TV ever.
Very well put indeed! And I loved it too that AR also thought the plot to be bad and not too believable. It's time for H to get over the silly Marisol fiasco.

And don't worry, even if s5 ends with H's plane crashing, which I think it would, H isn't gonna die.

edited by mod to add spoiler code

I have to say I didn't think the Horatio/Marisol storyline was that great either, it was just too rushed, I could see Horatio doing what he did, it was in character to go out of his way to do everything he could to make Marisol happier and feel better it's Horatio all over!
But it was just handled all wrong, I'm not in the hating it all together camp, it just did not seem real to me and as a result I really don't have any strong feelings about it!

What I am annoyed about is that it along with other developments seem to have changed Horatio's charcter in a really negative way, he really isn't the Horatio I fell in love with anymore, while I still love the show and DC when I reach for my DVD's these days I always go series one and two because the team was much more real the story lines were serious but the banter was better and that was the real H...he personally needs a break and needs to reconnect with the old H!

Ok I am still lurking in cyberspace I just don't have the desire to come visiting as often as I used to because I'm a little disappointed with thye direction of Miami...never thought I would say it but there it is!

Guys...remember to use spoiler code in when discussing aspects of upcoming episodes outside of the spoiler lab. :)

i have a feeling we might see some Delko and Cal romance like we heard about in that interdiew.
As for that spoiler Hrockz, thank God. :)

edited by mod to add spoiler code

what inerview was that?!?! do you have a link to it?

Here's the link. Great interview. :D

Hunter said:
i have a feeling we might see some Delko and Cal romance like we heard about in that interdiew.
As for that spoiler Hrockz, thank God. :)

Hunter, did you not see my post immediately above yours regarding spoilers and spoiler code?

well I was impressed too with the tvguide interview with DC- I think he really does care about his character-- and yeah the character does have some problems as there is some problems with a lot of the show-- but it is still entertaining and I still Love H-- but i want to see him(H) interact with the whole team more--- I liked back in season 1 and 2 when he would speahead an investigation and even be seen in the lab -- H is a scientist-- they should show that more-- He USED to be more scientist than cop-- now it seems he is MORE cop than scientist-- I HOPE they can balance that out more--
as for the marisol story- I don't think we have to worry about that so much- I mean she is (DEAD- dead on the show-)- not sorta dead- like when they killed Eric delko-- so even if DC thinks it was so good-- they have believably killed her off and we won't see that any more--
as for the part of the interview when he talked of H being dead- they were asking him-- HOW he would like to see the show end(at least- that is how i thought it read) and he was saying all the creepy stuff about death and marisol---
but I just HOPE he does NOT get his way in that-- I HOPE they don't kill off H- I just could NOT handle that---
H being hurt a little in season 6- I guess I could suck it up-- but even in Season 9 or 10-- or whenever they leave this show alone-- I do not want H killed off-- just let him ride off into the sunset or something! :D

Hunter, did you not see my post immediately above yours regarding spoilers and spoiler code?
Sorry Thumpy. i'll try to be more observent.

Terribly sorry Thumpy!

Personally I wouldn't mind them killing of H but only at the end of the show's run, like season 10 or whatever. But only after they've allowed H to have some good times in his life. I mean sheesh, the guy needs a break from the crap in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back