Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Th

Regarding the TV Guide interview...I think it's kind of cool that David's so into the Horatio character. His devotion is what makes Horatio...Horatio (despite the one-liners :D). What creeped me out, though, was the part in the interview when David started choking up when he mentioned Marisol. Kind of creepy...

But only after they've allowed H to have some good times in his life.

i know who can give H good time :devil:

and re DC interview.... errr i don`t think that he is 'blind' about this awful Aerosol story line. to me somehow look like DC don`t want to admit his (and tptb) mistake... in opposite way i`m very very disappointed from this guy *sigh*. for me if this who must be shame have left Aerosol to be only Delko background story line S4 won`t be such ridiculous season.

also i`m woder why u guys think that H can be killed. :rolleyes: this is Miami and this is Super H ;) if one day tptb make such thing i have a lot doubt that they can make it right :lol: poor them..

I think it's kind of cool that David's so into the Horatio character.

hehe ok DC have contract with this tv show and have to do/play what they told him - like it or not like it. but when give interview can try to be honest like AR (Delko). there is nothing worng if he point out some not so good writes decision :rolleyes: or he like to play the game : A: Jump... B: How high ?!...

Ok I just read that part about Marisol and it is creepy.

And wtf was DC thinking? I mean duh? I understand he's really into his character but come on! None of us thought it was believable, I really hope he doesn't influence the writing about H anymore. It sucked!

I sometimes wish that the people conducting these interviews would be a little more clued up as to what the fans think. I would LOVE someone to say to him, "respectfully, David, we have done some research and the fans really didn't connect with the Marisol storyline." I'm sure David would give a very diplomatic response, but it would still be satisfying to let him know.

I'm not so sure he is in denial about it. I genuinely think he thinks it worked. Of course, he is going to dance to the studio's tune as well, but I don't think either he or Ann Donahue have the faintest idea just how terrible it was. Especially the portrayal of Marisol's cancer. That was appallingly insulting to the fans.

Many of you know how much I like BSG (Battlestar Galactica), but when President Laura Roslin (Mary McDonnell) had cancer, she looked really ill. Yes, she is a fantastic actress, but they really made her look very unwell. Miami is obsessed with glamour. Not once did Marisol look anything other than stunning. Grrr. It annoys me no end. Can you tell? ;)

i just one to clear up some things from my previous post. when i say that i don`t think that DC is 'blind' about this awful Aerosol story line i have in mind that he most probably have read/see tv, newpapers, magazine, even internet comments that the whole S4 and his marriage plot was ridiculous decision/step. and i prefer to live in my own lie that DC is too proud to admit his mistake, or with all this interviews try to convince us (or him self) that this idea re Aerosol can (and) work. if i don`t think this way i`m the one who have been fool. i admire that Jerry Bruckheimer or Corey Miller in some interviews after the end of S4 say that they have try some new things in Miami and not all of them work fine. so DC and Ann D. are like donkey on bridge...(hope u know what mean this metaphor). and i really what to believe that DC is not like Ann D. but the way they 'walk' together i too have feeling (know for sure) that DC too don`t give a damn for his fans ... coz i won`t forgot one Ann D. interviews where she offend a lot miami fans, coz say that for her don`t have any metter what they think and never go in the net to see what impression have the audience over her work. what a shame. i still can`t believe that she make some so great epis from S 1-3 and now act like she don`t know at all most of the characters in this tv show. it`s time some one to steal her pen or at last to put some border one her creative decision/idea. this also is valid and for DC.

he most probably have read/see tv, newpapers, magazine, even internet comments that the whole S4 and his marriage plot was ridiculous decision/step. I prefer to live in my own lie that DC is too proud to admit his mistake, or with all this interviews try to convince us (or him self) that this idea re Aerosol can work.
Yes, I see what you mean and agree that he could well be trying to convince himself (and us). As it was his idea, he probably liked it a lot, and is possibly defending it and trying to make out it was something really poignant and effective. Such a shame he has his head in the sand, along with Ann.

Well...................I've always contended that DC must not have issues with the scripts since I read he's there earlier than anyone else just so that he can go over the scripts. So apparently he was happy with all the H/M storyline. As far as DC hearing all about us fans displeasure with S4, I've no doubt he's gotten firsthand knowledge of it(fans letters). Anyway to me if he's there so early to go over scripts & didn't like it, I know doubt he'd say something. Right?

I think the very fact that the H/Marisol storyline was David's idea in the first place would suggest he always liked it. As for the scripts, he is a perfectionist and apparently gets to work earlier than anyone to go over them.

Such a shame he has his head in the sand, along with Ann.
Lol, yes exactly. Sounds to me as if DC is trying to convince himself and us that the H/Marisol storyline was meaningful. I really hope that someone has told him otherwise. It was one of the poorest executions of a storyline I have ever seen on a TV show. Just dreadful.

Pusher said:

I think it's kind of cool that David's so into the Horatio character.

hehe ok DC have contract with this tv show and have to do/play what they told him - like it or not like it. but when give interview can try to be honest like AR (Delko). there is nothing worng if he point out some not so good writes decision :rolleyes: or he like to play the game : A: Jump... B: How high ?!...

You don't think, after reading the TV Guide interview (I assume you did), that he doesn't enjoy doing what he does? Sure, I'm contractually obliged to work at a radio station, but I still love doing it. I think you need to read the 'Cigar Aficionado' interview to further understand what I mean...he goes into so much depth in that one about Horatio's character and such. If you want, Pusher, I can PM you some things he said about H in that interview.
I think, even with the TV Guide interview, that he really enjoys playing Horatio. He even went so far as to predict H's final thoughts, creepy as that may be.

i was just watching 'Wet Foot/Dry Foot' and in the scene where Horatio is looking at Alexx processing the arm, Eric walks in and Horatio says "Que Fue?" which is in spanish and he sounded so funny when he said it

today is not my day - nobady understand me :(

anyway, i don't think that DC doesn't enjoy doing what he does. i`m terribly scary from fact that he does enjoy play in Miami. i just can`t believe that he is so into the Horatio character :eek: wow DC really believe in all this nonsense re Aerosol and how great character is H ?! man, give me a break.*shake head* in my previous post my point was that even DC to have contract with CSI Miami this don`t charge him always to defend this tv show policy. or his still try to defend his own idea ( awful mistake, S4 marriage)?! DC is human after all and can take wrong decision. what about like some others guys from CSI M to say that some things was good other not so good. - this won`t hurt him and can calm a lot angry H fans, right ?! :rolleyes: i`m afraid that only coz his is the biggest star in this tv show, taka a lot money, and have more 3-4 y. contract (maybe) are ready to do everything. to keep give interviews like u say it - goes into so much depth in that one about Horatio's character . where is this depth ?! i can`t see it from long time. or he talk for Mariana Trench - the place where is CSI Miami now ?!

anyway, i don't think that DC doesn't enjoy doing what he does.

Acting? Yeah, alot of people would get sick of the contant attention they get. Not being able to walk the streets without anyone asking for your autograph. But i think Horatio had given David a postive about the acting career, look at him. He's happy when he talks about CSI Miami. It's jsut so nice to see and read about it. :)

Pusher
Oh okay...I must have mis-read your post. I thought you said that he only says the stuff about Horatio because he has a contract. I do agree, though, that his faith in the H/Marisol relationship is a bit much. I told my mother about his reaction to the Marisol situation and she said: "Are you kidding me?" :lol:

DC is human after all and can take wrong decision.

Ain't it the truth...NYPD Blue, anyone?

I was troubled by his whole Marisol comment so I thought about it and came up with this. Interestingly enough the storyarc allowed tptb abd DC to further his Super-H thing. I mean it did give him the opportunity to go to Brazil and kill off all the bad guys. And all the guys I know who watch Miami love Super-H. It must be a guy thing to go and shoot up all the bad guys and look cool while you're at it. :cool: Guys just love stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back