Horatio/DC #11: Where Have All His Labcoats Gone? :(

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Re: Horatio/DC's Thread #11

I know! :eek: I've been away far to long, but I never lost my David love. :lol:

I can't say I'm surprised, from what I gather his had quite an intense storeyline during season 4. It makes sense that TPTB will slow things down for him during season 5. I hope they don't slow things down too much - I still need to see DC hotness on the screen. :lol:

As for the shirts, I don't mind the stripy shirts, it makes a change from the block colour shirts. I do agree with speed_cochrane - it's all about the block colours. :lol: White shirts and that lovely green shirt in 'Blood Brothers'. *drools* :lol: And of course the sideburns, must have the sideburns. :devil:

2. CSI_Chic

CSI_Chic Police Officer

3. sienna

sienna Lab Technician

i think that is sooo cute and also that he knows everyones lines on the set ... he's such a nerd :lol:

4. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

It does make sense to reduce the 'H angst' to some degree. Let's examine the facts:

- His father killed his mother, H in turn killed his father.
    - H leaves NY for Miami, due to some complications over his cop partner (I kind of switched off to this part of his story!)
    - H's cop brother fakes his death and works undercover for 4 years, leaving H, his wife Yelina and son Ray Jnr believing he was dead.
    - H's brother had an affair with fellow 'tweaker' Suzie and she had his child, which H had to keep a secret from Yelina to save her being hurt, thus jeopardizing a possible future with Yelina, who he has secretly loved for goodness knows how long.
    - Said child Madison, then develops leukaemia and H is forced to reveal the truth to Yelina in order to find a bone marrow doner to save her life.
    - Brother Ray then reappears, a confirmed dirty cop (who was forced 4 yrs ago to make a deal with the Feds or face prosecution - he chose the former), alive and well, and for the sake of his safety, H arranges for his 'family' to leave for Brazil. Once again, he loses the woman he loves and his family.
    - H then experiences huge guilt pangs over killing his father. His confessional is interrupted by the Male Noche gang who for a reason unknown, want him dead.
    - He meets Eric's sister Marisol, who has cancer (even though at all times, she looked stunning!) and H decides to take care of her to the point of marriage.
    - Marisol then gets killed by the Male Noche gang and H goes on a revenge spree to Rio. H's brother Ray dies (for real this time) in H's arms.
    - The lab seems to be permanently under investigation and a crooked Judge is now on H's case, vowing all sorts of unpleasant consequences for our hero.

I've probably missed something along the way! So, maybe we've had enough of the H drama for a while. I would like TPTB to leave him alone for a bit. Allow him to be a leader of his team again and have some degree of personal peace. Maybe later in the season, things could develop again as I can't see the writers leaving him alone for long. Ray Jnr and Yelina should return for some more personal drama later in the season, which I can more than live with, if it's handled well. That's a very big if. ;)

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

:lol: I have no idea how you remembered that all. That shows how many storylines he got. I didn't even remember half of that until now. And that's a big if indeed on the personal drama. I do see him getting some more personal stories this season, but I don't think they'll happen at least for the next five or six episodes. I'd think that's enough space to give the viewers from Horatio's personal life at the moment. - Perhaps even more than six episodes. ;)

It's just wishful thinking, but perhaps we'll see him back in the lab holding test tubes again? :p ...Nah but it would be really neat. *sigh*

On a side note, Tink, I agree about the green shirt. :D :devil: We need to see more of that. *runs from people who didn't like the green shirt* ;)

6. Lucy

:lol: I don't know what came over me! I just started typing and it all tumbled out! Hope you're all still awake after that ramble of mine. :rolleyes:
    I really wish for that too. I get the impression H's lab days are a thing of the past. *sigh* Still, no harm in hoping. :)

7. athens

athens Coroner

^^^..thanks for it.. ;)!personally because I watced the first 2 seasons and I am now watching s3 I didn't know enough about his character!..so many thanks again...! :D

8. Lucy

I'm glad you found it useful athens! ;) H certainly has a history!

9. wibble

wibble Corpse

Seeing as both Luce and Geni like my reviews, I'll have no qualms about writing a review of Tinder Box when I watch it this afternoon :) Now I'm all excited :D

I hope H in the lab makes a comeback for you all, even though I've yet to see season 4. I for one love H in the lab (probably partly because I'm a scientist myself :p) but it's great to see H displaying his intelligence. Makes H more real to the audience and believable as a character :)

*goes to watch Miami*

10. Rebecca_V

Rebecca_V Rookie

Wibble can't wait to read your review. Because I have been watching my DVD's too much I had to put them aside. I would love to hear another take on the early eppy's. Thanks for reviewing them.

To be honest I am glad that they backed away from the Horatio Caine charactor. I want to see the other charactors develop. Not all of them are my faverets but I would not mind seeing more variety of the cast. My favs are Calleigh and Frank besides Horatio. I like what they are doing with Calleigh now lets see more Frank. He is so funny.

I noticed that Caruso is looking better in the latest eppy's. I did not think he looked very good in Rio. That episode tramatized me because I was shocked. I have this really awful picture of him from that episode but I don't dare post it. I don't wanna get killed. Anyway I am glad to see he is looking better even if they are not showing him as much. Keep doin' what your doin' David Caruso.

The Good Rebecca

11. Neteret

Neteret Dead on Arrival

Well, lookee here! I found you! You guys can run from the old lady but you can't hide! :confused: Soon as I stopped getting emails on the other thread I knew you were up to something! Heh! ;)

New thread is great! Champagne and confetti for all! :cool:

Someone, somewhere said part of the reason for the popularity for CSI: Miami was David Caruso. True? If so, why are the writers pulling his part back! Yes, others are on the show, yes, they are an integral part of the whole but can't we have both? Can't H be there while Calleigh analyzes evidence? Can't H be part of the conversation while Delko and Wolfe discuss what the timeline is? They don't have to develop the angst for H, don't have to have him be a central part of every ep, doesn't have to solve the case single handedly, just be there more often! Ep #4, If Looks Could Kill, (plot, by the way, was better than average) was a pitiful display of H. I want more! More! I tell you! More!

12. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Well I believe that the Horatio Caine character has much to do with CSI:Miami's success over the past five years. The reason for that being, people want to see a genuine hero these days and his character is that and so much more. Most often, people want to see the good guy prevail with qualities such as compassion, intelligence and a sense of justice. - Which describes Horatio perfectly.

I remember Ann Donahue saying (I think, I'll have to check my dvds) that Horatio Caine is a heroic character, and David Caruso is a very heroic guy. So it's in part the actor and character (obviously) that have a hand in making the show so popular. - Not to mention the rest of the cast as well.

I also want Horatio to be part of the team again, and not just the shepard watching over his flock. There were so many instances in seasons 1-3 that Horatio would join in on the theories. Examples of those would be 'Slaughterhouse', 'Losing Face', 'Breathless', 'Blood Brothers', 'Dead Zone', 'Nothing To Lose', 'Crime Wave', etc.

So I wouldn't mind if Horatio was really part of his team again. :)

On a side note, yet again: YAY! wibbsy will be back with a review! *dances around* :D

13. wibble

wibble Corpse

^^^ Wow, I never knew people liked reading my posts so much :lol: Thanks Geni :)

I totally agree with you about Horatio being a heroic character - watching him go through each case he's on is incredible most of the time. I feel as though I'm on an emotional journey with him, feeling his frustrations, anger, sadness and triumphs. I connect with him on so many emotional levels, and it just makes me want to see more of his character.

You know what? H is exactly the kind of guy I'd want as a friend. The way he approaches everything in a mature manner, his responsible attitude, his reassuring presence, his sharp intelligence, not to mention the pearls of wisdom that fall from his lovely lips. And boy, did I get those at the end of Tinder Box today :eek:

RONNIE JAMESON: All those souls, Horatio ...

HORATIO: I understand that, but we need more good men, not less, and now more
    than ever, you know that.

RONNIE JAMESON: About the guilt?

HORATIO: Ronnie ... Ronnie, the guilt keeps us sharp. It makes us better.
    Now, will you at least think about this?

RONNIE JAMESON: Thanks, Horatio.

Every time I hear him say things like that, it just makes me fall in love with H all over again :eek: :D He always seems to know the right thing to say, but not only that he says it like he really believes it, and not only to make the other person feel better.

Aside from the ending it was nice, as always, to see H's caring side. The way he arrived on the scene at the beginning, wanted to know where Speed was, and then checking Delko was ok later on and even offering that he take the day off. Aww, I think I'll have H as my boss as well as my friend :D

I don't think this ep was as H-centric as others, as there was more of Alexx, Delko and Speed (err, not that I'm complaining ;) ). Though all-round, a good episode :)

14. Missing

Missing Pathologist

EXACTLY!! Well put. ;) This is my reason for tuning in each week. :cool:

15. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

I am SO late in getting here. I know I keep saying it but I really do need to come in here more. Yeah, life can be a drag. ;)

Anyway, it's good to see that we've made it this far and the title you lot came up with, it really is cute. I know I wanna know where those coats went.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.