Horatio/DC #11: Where Have All His Labcoats Gone? :(

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Re: Horatio/DC's Thread #11

:lol: That's a wonderful pic Ducky! Thank you and I was beginning to wonder where the Ducky randomness had gone. ;)
    I think H had managed to take most of what Chaz said on the chin (even though you could tell it was hurting him), right up until when Chaz said that Raymond "probably went out squealing like a little girl." That pushed him over the edge. The fact that Chaz was mocking his brother in such an 'in your face' manner forced him to eventually lose his composure. Such a great scene.

wibbs, I'm not sure if you read my post on the previous page, but if you want to know the truth about Ray, it's all there. I imagine you would rather remain spoiler free though and discover things for yourself as you go along. ;)

zippy, I couldn't agree more about 'The Score'. The bad news is, it gets even worse, as you know! :eek: This is just the beginning of a run of extremely poor episodes, in my opinion. If I knew then just how bad they were going to be, I wouldn't have watched them at all. I never thought I would say that about my once beloved CSI:M. :(

Neteret, I've seen a few CSI:M Season 5 promo pics, but no candid ones of DC as such (apart from the ones you mentioned). He tends to keep quite a low profile it seems and remains out of the public eye. Emily is the one who seems to do most of the promo stuff. :)

2. wibble

wibble Corpse

^ :lol: Yeah, I thought that was funny too :lol: And so is Suzie a recurring character then?

Luce, thanks for your reference to your post, although after some consideration I've decided to just find things out as I go along. Will probably make for more interesting viewing that way :)

Nice pics everyone! :) Ducky, I was wondering where you'd got to in this thread ;)

Wow, I watched Body Count this afternoon! :D Can't wait to review that - such an intense episode and full of Horatio goodness *dreamy sigh* :D But I'll do that tomorrow when it's not night time and feeling tired.

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

*dances around* Yay! We got another review. :D

And yep, Suzie is a reccuring character. She appears quite a bit throughout season two and three. ;) (Don't want to spoil anything for you though)

Ducky! My favorite randomness picture poster. :D Well..The only randomness picture poster. :lol: :p

Lovely pictures, they made my afternoon. :)

4. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Exactly. Nicely put. Also, I really enjoyed the audio commentary for 'Freaks And Tweaks'. Well worth listening to for some extra insight. :)

zippy, 'The Score' was woeful indeed. The latter half of Season 4 should be erased from the memory if at all possible.

5. CSI_Chic

CSI_Chic Police Officer

I am totally confused on what we are discussing here... :confused:

6. Lucy

Well, there are various topics being discussed. It's kind of a combination of Season 1 admiration and Season 4 condemnation! It's all a bit random. ;)

7. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

For some reason I was expecting to see the peacock look when I clicked on that one. :lol:

Lovely caps Ducky. :)

I can't say 'The Score' was one of my favourite H episodes in season 4. I thought 'Silencer' was worse, I cringed at the scene with H and Marisol. :eek: I did get the impression that from here on out it was going to be steady slope downward, up until that point I wasn't minding season 4. :rolleyes:

As speed_cochrane said, she does have a recurring role, which will soon unfold. ;)

I hope you enjoy 'Body Count' - It's an awesome episode. I can’t wait to see what you think of it. :)

8. Neteret

Neteret Dead on Arrival

OK, thanks for the confirmation. I'm always sort of out of the loop, not catching up on things and thought I'd perhaps missed some interviews or latest picts. Looks like Emily is taking the brunt of being spokesperson for CSI:Miami this year.

Not so much public DC? OK, I can take that. I'm good with that, sure, fine in fact. (grits teeth, smiles bravely) :p

Just so the writers get it really clear that they have got to have more Horatio in the episodes! :devil: Just remember you writers! I live close to where you work so straighten up and fly right! :devil: Don't make me come down and 'splain things to you how the fans feel! :devil:

Oh, by the way folks, anyone know if anyone has recorded a set of Horatio's dialog? Just his voice? All of his lines, not just the really great ones? anyone? :cool:

9. CSI_Chic

CSI_Chic Police Officer

:lol:
    Hey maybe you could go down there and find the costume person and make them change David's waredrobe for this season.. Let him were some colored shirts and colort suits.. Like the blue shirt, maybe the navy suit, or how about the green shirt and tan suit. Did i mention the blue shirt ? [​IMG] Just so he stops wearing that dang black and white stripped shrit:mad: from the previews he's gonna be wearing it in next weeks eppy.. too... again... :mad: I really hate that shirt.

10. wibble

wibble Corpse

Nice pics CSI_Chic :) and thanks Tink and Geni on the Suzie clarification.

Yeah, topics are a bit random in here...probably my fault because I've still got 3 seasons of Miami to catch up on :lol: And now I'm going to prattle on about Body Count, which I think is one of my fave epis from season 1. I have to say, I've become more and more fond of Miami, particularly Horatio, as the season has progressed. Although all the epis are pretty good, I think the ones in the second half of the season are more outstanding. I've felt thoroughly spoilt in the final 3 episodes :eek:

Anyways, Body Count had some wonderful H moments in it. The fact that we get to see him in action with his gun twice is a huge bonus :D However, I really liked seeing two very different sides of H preside in this episode. On the one we have H's naturalness with children, showing his gentle, caring side, and on the other we have his tough cop side, especially when dealing with Stewart.

I must admit, I was surprised to see Stewart (the killer originally from Broken) crop up again, though I thought it was a really good idea to bring a baddie from a previous epi back again.

It's funny, I feel that now I know H quite well and can predict his actions. When Stewart was hanging over the edge of the building I thought "wow, now there's a scenario". But I knew what H would do. I knew he'd save him, even though he wished he could just let him go, because that was the right thing to do and Horatio, bless him, shelved his personal feelings and let his moral authority of showing mercy shine by helping him back over the edge (even when he started hurting Horatio by cutting his hand :mad:). I think if H had let him die, that would have been the easy way out for Stewart, and would be better punishment for him to live, have his freedom taken away from him and rot in jail :devil: And I think this is what H believed too and the one of the main reasons he helped him.

What a great man H is, and I think that scene was such a test of character and showed how difficult being a CSI can be on a personal/emotional level, and how you would react to a situation like this is important. Yet H dealt with it all superbly, and made all the right choices :)

H just seems faultless in my eyes :)

11. Lucy

Body Count really was a wonderful episode. During the summer, we had a series of polls to establish our favourite episode (from Seasons 1-4), and Body Count was voted joint 4th. From Season 1, the other episodes to feature in the Top Ten were Dispo Day (joint 3rd), Simple Man (joint 7th) and Grave Young Men (8th). Out of 97 episodes, they rated very highly, and deservedly so. :)

Of course, Body Count also featured this scene which is a personal favourite. :D

12. wibble

wibble Corpse

^ Now, I wonder why that's your favourite :D That indeed was one of my giggle scenes ;) Man, I love these characters :D

But yeah, this epi had a lot of angst between characters, and also suspense, tension, action, emotional scenes, etc. I liked the chemistry between H and Yelena, and Calleigh and Hagen (sp?), though I mean that in a non-shippy way :)

It basically had all the ingredients of a great episode. What a pity the writing in epis like Body Count failed to continue in the same vein in season 4 :rolleyes: (ok, I shouldn't judge S4 before I've actually seen, it's just I've heard so many ridiculous and bad things about it, I can't help it :lol:).

13. Lucy

Hmm, let me think about that one! ;)
    Me too. It may surprise you that I don't regard myself as a shipper. This is mainly because I have an adversity to the term 'shipping'! Not sure if this will make sense, but I don't see H/Y as a 'ship' as it is real on the show. :)
    Indeed so. Things started to go awry when Steve Maeda (superb writer/producer) left the show towards the end of Season 3 to join 'Lost'. He was a great loss to Miami. :(

14. ment_to_be

ment_to_be Hit and Run

hey Lucy,
    I was also making a list a few weeks ago and thinking: what more can possibly go wrong with H? You forgot one thing , at the end his brother died, this time for real in front of his eyes!
    I think he had all the bad luck a whole family can have in a thousand lifetimes. At first I felt sorry for him but after a while I thought it was funny, it was over the top,It was getting ridiculous!
    Stop the Drama ! Let H be the normal leader of the team and after a while let him be happy!! , cause I don't think he's ever been happy!
    And he's one of the people who deserves more than anyone to be happy!

15. Lucy

You're right, how could I forget that in my angst summary?! :eek: I have now added it - thanks for letting me know. :)
    That's exactly how I felt too. That's another reason why I disliked the majority of Season 4. It became too unbelievable and contrived, and once it gets to that point, you almost stop caring because it is so over the top.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.