Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio/DC's Thread #11

Great pics :)
My turn to share...
miany008.jpg

katpin31791 said:
To me is when the H/M thing started. Anyone else agree?

BTW great pics Wibble. Had to go cool my face down. :lol:

Well, I've watched up to 'Fade-Out' so far. And far as I can tell, no changes yet. Even the few eps (so far that I've seen! Gotta remember I didn't see any of the eps with her in it because I absolutely hated the storyline) with Aerosol and Horatio hasn't changed that I can tell. Again, I have yet to see the rest of the episodes, so we'll see.

I don't really want to repeat myself, so I'll post a link to the reasons why I personally found the Season 4 Horatio a great disappointment. Here's my post from a few pages back. :)

In today's Chicago Sun Times - business section, page 54 - there's a nice pic of DC accompanying an article about CBS. The caption under the pic read: DC is part of CBS' formula toward high profitablity in the third quarter. TV profit rose 26% during that period.

Here's the article:

Pretty picture as CBS fine tunes profits
November 3, 2006
CBS Corp., owner of the most-watched U.S. television network, said third-quarter profit rose 26 percent on increased earnings from TV and outdoor advertising.
The company also announced it plans to buy back $1 billion to $1.5 billion of shares early next year.

Profit from continuing operations advanced to $323.6 million, or 42 cents a share. Sales were $3.38 billion, little changed for a second quarter, the New York-based company said Thursday.

Shares slipped 8 cents to close at $28.73.

Chief Executive Officer Leslie Moonves sliced programming costs at CBS TV to compensate for a 3 percent decline in advertising sales. Since Chairman Sumner Redstone split the company from Viacom Inc. in January, Moonves has put CBS shows such as ''CSI: Miami'' and the nightly news hosted by Katie Couric on the Web to reverse the revenue decline. Outdoor ad revenue rose 34 percent and radio sales dropped 6 percent.

''Television advertising is still a bit of a concern, but they are figuring out how to monetize some of their properties online,'' said David Joyce, an analyst at Miller Tabak & Co., who rates the shares ''neutral.''

While CBS beat the average analyst estimates of 40 cents, sales fell short of the $3.43 billion estimate, based on a Thomson Financial survey.

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this. Unfortunately, the picture isn't available in the online edition of the newspaper.

That was interesting Annissa. Thanks for posting it. I have great hope for season 5 to come back on track on the orginal formula. I understand that a show needs to evolve and change but I was somewhat dissapointed with Horatio charactor and some of the arc's in season 4. I am still watching the eppys and admit I have not seen them all.

48 hours to life had a good quote from Horatio on the end of the show. I was pleased to see him still using his ole wisdom there.

The Good Rebecca

Hey kit4na, wow, that's a great wallpaper :D I'll snag that and use it if that's ok ;)

wow really great wallpapers ... and don't worry i'm working on one as well ... i would say i need a life :rolleyes:

That's a great article!
Now if only they would make the net services available to all..... then they would earn even more money and make more fans happy.....

I mean, the fans ( non US) who go only are the vast minority of English speaking overseas fans. I don't htink they'd loose any money later. 99% of all people would wait for the dubbed version.....
1 % of a lot of people is still a lot of money...

Just my 2 cents.

HELLO MR MOONVES! WHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back