Holiday Card Swap!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by lookaboomerang, Nov 27, 2006.

1. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

This sounds like a great idea! I don't get a lot of christmas cards (except from family)I'll PM you address right away. Just tell me what to do, cause this is the first time I've done this. :D :D Thanks!

2. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

I like the idea of including screen names as well. While I'm able to link real names with screen names for many of you, I don't know everyone that well. But when writing out cards, it'd be great to know the screen name as well so I know who the hell I'm writing to.

3. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Ditto that. I plan to personalize each card with a different message so I don't want to be writting a smutty card to someone who acts like a pure saint :lol:. Then again, are there really any pure people on this forum...

4. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

The response to this so far has been awesome! You guys rock. Just so we're all clear on this, whatever name and address you PMed me is what is going on the masterlist. I will be writing the screen names under that person's information. And, if you're checking out this thread and thinking that you're going to ask for the list if you haven't given me an address, think again. If you do not want to recieve cards and participate that way, then you won't be sending them either. Sorry, but I think it's a safer way to go and I'd just feel more comfortable doing it that way.

5. MrsGiovinazzo

That's a great idea. Everyone should have to pony up their own address in order to have access to everyone else's.

EDIT: Just thought I'd add for any who might be on the fence about participating for fear of giving their address to people from this board, I can say that in my experience, I've given my full name and address in connection with multiple fan projects and have never encountered any problems. I've even met quite a few of you in person and haven't encountered a single freak ... yet. :lol:

6. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

:lol: How kind, MrsG, that you don't think of me (and the others :)) as a freak :D I know you guys here on the New York threads, and am sure that you all aren't complete wierdos and if the truth be known, no one in their right mind would come to my neck of the woods to visit voluntarily, you would have to fight your way through the 10 feet of snow in the winter ;) One reason I see a move out west in my future.... :lol:
    :D good idea. I know that some of you aren't as 'smutty' as the rest of us, *cough*Jorja*cough*, so don't worry that I will send you something that will make you embarrased. :)

7. Loafie

Loafie Rookie

PMing right away

8. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

I want to join!
    :D

9. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Excellent idea - pay to play, as it were.

That's only because I was practicing being on my best behavior since I was traveling for business and all. I wish I'd been there for the night out on the town with the bananas.

10. MrsGiovinazzo

^ :lol: you are kinda dirty. You've have made a lovely addition to the banana night. ... Actually, I think we should stage some sort of NY forum convention with a banana eatting contest. :devil:

11. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

^^^ I'm down for that... :)

No, theres nobody freakish here, I've met some of you gals and everyone was awesome... great idea lookaboomerang. And I'm totally cool with the whole including screen names with addresses.

12. Cahill_Fan

Cahill_Fan Rookie

I don't think I posted this, but I am in too! I sent ya my address! This sounds like a great idea!

13. CSI808

CSI808 Rookie

I probably should've asked what exactly you do for a card swap before I joined... but I don't think anyone wants to swim 2500 miles of pure Pacific ocean to stalk me. Unless it was Carmine or Eddie of course.... :p

14. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Great idea, I just sent you a PM. Forgot to include my screen name but you can easily add it to my address. :)

Can't wait to get some love from my fellow fangirls... :D

15. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

It's easy. On either Friday or Saturday, everyone who gave me an address, and that's 19 of you so far, will be getting a PM from me. It's going to be a list of everyone's addresses and their screennames. You can send cards to everyone or just the people you recognize, it's up to you.