Holiday Card Swap!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by lookaboomerang, Nov 27, 2006.

1. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

At another board I go to, they do a holiday card swap. I thought it'd be nice to swap cards here too.

If you'd like to participate, please PM me your home address or where you'd like your cards sent. I will not post these on the forum for everyone to just take and use at their leisure. At the deadline date for everyone to have their addresses in, I will make a masterlist of everyone's addresses. If you would like to participate, please either PM me and ask me for the list or just say it in the thread and I'll PM the list to you.

The deadline date to have your address in will be December 1st. That's this Friday. I know it's short notice, but this doesn't require a lot of prep time, so I think it's doable. I just want to make sure that all the cards get out and are recieved in time for the holidays. :D

2. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Cute idea! I'm always in favor of showing my fellow fangirls some love. Count me in. And thanks for coordinating this little piece of holiday cheer. :D

3. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Great idea, count me in!

4. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

I'm in! I'll be PMing you my address in a few minutes. This is such a great idea. One question though: Are we sending generic "holiday" cards or "Christmas" cards? I don't want to offend my fellow fangirls. :)

5. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

You send whatever cards you like. It can be holiday or Christmas, whichever you feel like. I said holiday because I too didn't want anyone being offended or feeling like they had to send Christmas cards.

6. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

aww lookaboomerang that is soooo cool!!! :D definately count me in!!! excellent idea!! im all for showin the love to the rest of the fan girls :D

7. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

Guys, just an FYI. If you are not from the US, when you PM me your address, please write it exactly as it should appear on the envelope. I have NO concept whatsoever of how these should go and I just want them to be right so there's no delay if the post office can't find you.

8. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Good call. I hate to sound like the anti-PC old lady that I am, but I think everyone should just send cards for whatever holiday they celebrate and not worry about offending anyone. As someone who celebrates Christmas, I certainly would never be offended by the receipt of a Hannukah or Kwansa card and if you live in some remote part of the world and fire off cards for some holiday I've never heard of before, I'll be appreciative of the education.

9. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

totally with you there MrsG i think its great to share the celebration of other holidays :D

10. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

:D YAY!!! What a fun idea, lookaboomerang ! I will PM you my address in a few minutes! (can ya tell that I love cheesiness?) :lol:

11. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Awww that's such an awesome idea! I think I'll most likely be in. It's time for me to share the holiday filth with all of you :devil:. I mean, I can't wait to spread the Christmas spirit will all my favourite online girls :D.

12. messinwithmesser

messinwithmesser Lab Technician

sounds like a cool deal...i'll be PMing my info to you shortly lookaboomerang ;)

13. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

:devil: I will find just the right card for you, Jorja :devil:

14. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

^ Why do I have the feeling it's gonna be a card with a sexy guy dressed in nothing with a santa hat & misletoe on his privates :lol:? Oh wait, maybe I should send those ones out...

15. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Hvae any of you starting one of these in every forum for those of us who don't go into the NY forum often.