Hodges and Wendy----Labrats Love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Dave likes being (looking) bitchy:lol:

I think that when they made LabRats they have no idea of what the outcome actually would be.
In the commentary Wally says they took a risk because noboby knew how their personalities would work together, let alone, I think, that between The Beauty and The Bitchy Geek there would be real and great chemistry -I think Wallace-Hodges is an attractive man too, but in the TV universe it seems that only jocks can be attractive -with some lovely exceptions.

I also think that David Hodges was not supposed to be a character who shined of his own. Wallace's acting and everything his cleverness and personal irony and sense of humor brought to Hodges have a great part in this development.
Same for Liz, 'though in a minor proportion.

Kudos to TPTB for being so open minded to change the status of a character and of an actor if they deserve it.
As for fans who about A Space Oddity wrote that they are “background characters and must not have space on their own in the show”, I hope they never dare ask for a promotion in their workplace, who knows if someone answered the same to them...

That said, I'd prefer if Hodges and Wendy stayed "in the middle", not always in the foreground, they're more lively and interesting and have better written scenes than many "major characters", and let's remember Greg Sanders, from the background to middle of nowhere.

Last edited:
Of course he likes being bitchy. He's Anger Management Man, after all. *g*

Yeah, when they made Lab Rats they didn't know whether or not the rats would actually be able to work together correctly. Luckily, it worked, because the Rat episodes are great. :)

I like Wendy and Hodges "in the middle", too. They can be odd and funny without having to be serious about a case. They can carry a scene without needing to carry a scene.

Well, I wont be back in here for quite some time- I wont get the new episodes until January and I like to remain spoiler free for LV.
So, here's hoping that this coming season brings us lots of good Wedges moments:beer:
Bye x

Someone has noticed that Greg is missing in the promos, even in the extended one...And Brass too..
It makes me think that this promo sums up the main elements TPTB are going to focuse on this season. Sara's back now officially Mrs. Bugman, Doctor Langston much more confident -too much even- the whole lab fighting together and obviously the Wedges connection.
Just a suggestion and a hopeful one, of course.

See you in January Solitaire!

Well, I wont be back in here for quite some time- I wont get the new episodes until January and I like to remain spoiler free for LV.
So, here's hoping that this coming season brings us lots of good Wedges moments:beer:
Bye x

Sorry for the double post, I made a huge mistake

Sorry to see you disappear for a few months solitaire, but it is totally understandable and respected. Some people would rather be spoiler free and even though we toss spoiler related info in the provided boxes, it's that much harder when you receive the show later then the rest of us. Just when the thread was starting to build up a few members too, but do come back in January. And feel free then to discuss what you've seen then. Lol, I don't know about the others, but I don't mind a second or third conversation on Wedges related scenes.

On a second thought I could have the same problem as Solitaire's....Italian -well, Rupert Murdoch's- paytv airs the eps some weeks later than US airing, comprehensively to get the time for dubbing. But I'll manage to get at least the Wedges scenes before that time...I hope, at least...
About second and third conversation, personally those are my fave ones...

Last edited:
Oh I have the same problem here....But as I don´t go to any other forum about LV stuff I get to enjoy the episodes and still post.....:thumbsup:

God why I am so smart I should be paid more at work LOL.

Is DJ then the only one who get to "see" it on time?

Well...I second them being the middle I actually think it will easier for writers with this type of ship then GRS(?) that was so high profile characters on the show

If I keep visiting this thread at work, on the other hand, I'll soon be not paid at all anymore LOL

I think Tciddaisc could watch the ep in prime time too, but one has to wonder how she'll be after Criminal Minds premiere he he....
Oh my, CM, another "must see" I MUST see -makes depressed sigh...Hope I can find a way to enjoy both of these shows in a reasonable time!

GRS risked to swallow the show at some point...Even if you weren't a shipper of the couple you had to deal with their relationship all the time.
With H/W, people who don't like them, either separately or together, just have to change the channel and come back some minutes later, letting LabRatsLove lovers phantasize and dicuss over the little precious scenes.

Isn't that a fair deal?

Last edited:
^ Thanks, all. I will definitely be back next year, and hopefully there will be lots of good Wedges stuff to discuss!
(Riddick- I know what you mean about looking on this site at work! I have gotten a bit better recently, though.)

If I keep visiting this thread at work, on the other hand, I'll soon be not paid at all anymore LOL

I think Tciddaisc could watch the ep in prime time too, but one has to wonder how she'll be after Criminal Minds premiere he he....
Oh my, CM, another "must see" I MUST see -makes depressed sigh...Hope I can find a way to enjoy both of these shows in a reasonable time!

GRS risked to swallow the show at some point...Even if you weren't a shipper of the couple you had to deal with their relationship all the time.
With H/W, people who don't like them, either separately or together, just have to change the channel and come back some minutes later, letting LabRatsLove lovers phantasize and dicuss over the little precious scenes.

Isn't that a fair deal?

LOL....now - IMO - I didn´t think they flooded the show with GRS. I actually like Gr and lady Heather.

CM:drool:. I LOVE that show. The LV and CM - again IMO- best shows at the moment.

In labratlove I think showrunners and writers and actors have done a great job. As you say not to much not to little. However this years labratepisode should have a H/W focus in my opion. I would like it to be some sort of scooby doo kind of thing. If there was any way to get them isolated from CSI and them solve the crime who be nice. I WOULD LOVE to see labrats solve a woodoolated crime and having to work their way through the nighlife of New Orleans.....Well that is daydreaming ...But damm good scenercio. Hogdes in a suit ....*Would so want to see that"

Or mayby they training someone new. I got it. Them being left to decide who should get Wendys job. Let showrunners get to try out different new type to join the show.....

WOW I am just that smart:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:.

I actually like Gr and lady Heather.
I LOVE that woman! She carries so much sufference in herself in such a tough way!

Actually, I know I was exaggerated about GSR, but some things about it got on my nerves...I never wanted to offend anyone.

I WOULD LOVE to see labrats solve a woodoolated crime and having to work their way through the nighlife of New Orleans.
I can totally see Hodges being an expert in woodo, santeria and the like...I get the feel he's quite into paranormal matters..
At the same time I can see him walking trough the streets of New Orleans clutching to Wendy, looking around with a scared look in the eyes and jumping at every noise.
Can you picture them dealing with local authorities? Can you picture him dealing with ANY authorities? Plain fun!

If a poor guy/gal was trained by the Wedges United he/she would wonder immediately how long they've been married...

Last edited:
:)
I actually like Gr and lady Heather.

I LOVE that woman! She carries so much sufference in herself in such a tough way!

Actually, I know I was exaggerated about GSR, but some things about it got on my nerves...I never wanted to offend anyone.

I WOULD LOVE to see labrats solve a woodoolated crime and having to work their way through the nighlife of New Orleans.

I can totally see Hodges being an expert in woodo, santeria and the like...I get the feel he's quite into paranormal matters..
At the same time I can see him walking trough the streets of New Orleans clutching to Wendy, looking around with a scared look in the eyes and jumping at every noise.
Can you picture them dealing with local authorities? Can you picture him dealing with ANY authorities? Plain fun!

If a poor guy/gal should be trained by the Wedges United he/she wondered immediately how long they've been married...

Now I got it.....Them -as in all labrats- stuck in one of the haunted plantagien houses ....They are -of course- on some seminar down south AND he insulted some woodoopriestess on the way...:guffaw::guffaw:. Then .....please help me out here.....:):).

Only condition that we see him in a smart suit as actor wears in real life. Have you ever seen "It doesn´t get any better" with Jack Nic. That is how I like to se Hogdes on his first date with W.....Doing completely wrong and then come up with a line like:-you make me want to be a better man( Not that H would ever say that but I hope you get my drift..:)...

As to Lady Heather....Why didn´t they keep her?....I wonder....Actress might want to other things but the character had so much going for her and made a brillient addition to cast. Just recurring once in a while. But now without GR. it will not work IMO:)

Last edited:
I think it's about time that we start to get some consideration of how exactly Wendy feels

Yeah, I've been wondering what she thinks of all this... we haven't seen things from her perspective. It's be nice of TPTB to give us a hint at least.

Dude, I would pay to see that... can you imagine him explaining that stuff to Wendy? She wouldn't know whether to be impressed or freaked out!

The Beauty and The Bitchy Geek

*snickers* That suits them very well...

Yep, I'm an eastcoaster. Although you're right, I might have difficulties concentrating after CM tomorrow. :lol:

Isn't that a fair deal?
Seems fair to me. :)

That was always my thing about Wedges. It was enough that you knew the writers cared, but not usually so much that people that disliked the ship got annoyed. Although, we could use with a few more scenes. Last year I was starting to feel forgotten. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back