Hodges and Wendy----Labrats Love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: Crazy thought- what if the reason Hodges originally goes backwards is because his immediate response is self-preservation, but he then realizes that Wendy is still in the line of fire and then knocks her out of the way? Because that would explain both movements...

Well anything is possible when it comes to Hodges and his demeanor seems that he'd think about himself first, everyone else second! But you can clearly see him reaching out to grab and pull her back in the first take. That is unless he didn't get a hold of her in time resulting in the second scene...floor diving to get her out of harms way. If he truly cared about her, he'd try and protect her (remember, he tried in 'Hog Heaven'). After all, as we've all said, Wendy brings out another side to Hodges. I can't see him really being that selfish..not at this stage of the game anyway. Perhaps in the earlier seasons, when he was more of a pompous ass, thinking only of himself, but not now.

Just a thought
Hm. Yeah, you're right. I mean, I could always just wait until we see the whole thing in the episode, but trying to figure it out is more fun. :lol:

Y'know, I thought that he tried to grab her arm in the first shot, but I was running out of theories.

I didn't mean that he was being selfish. I just meant that perhaps his knee-jerk reaction was to go backwards. But he does seem to be trying to pull her back in the first shot. Unless there are people shooting on the other side, too, and bullets hit where they're standing...?

Oh whatever. I don't know. :lol:

That's exactly what I meant when I said that I hadn't understood the dynamic, it's quite confusing!

I took two pictures from the clip and it seems quite clear to me that at first he grabs her arm in order to draw her back along with him.

Then, she seems to “slip” forwards, I don't know wether on purpose or accidentally.

Maybe when she falls to the floor in spite of his efforts, he throws himself to cover her up, to protect her...

Second hypothesis: the two scenes are from two different shots and they have been mixed in the same promo by mistake. We've had a number of different promos, previews and snek peaks for the premiere and it may happen that they show material which is not supposed to be in the final edition of the ep.
It is quite usual and I remember noticing the same thing in the promo of last season finale.

or worste hypothesis -unthinkable I'd say-

He's using her as a shield from the bullets, but again this wouldn't explain why he falls to the floor along with her

I'm definitely not an original person! A lot people seeing the promo on the Tube have figured out CSI: The Matrix. I now the context is not funny but each time I see that particular Morpheus moment I begin laughing in the most silly way LOL

Last edited:
Hm... that's a good point. In the diving-to-the-floor shot, you can see the men in suits shooting in their general direction, so that makes sense. Unless they came into the hallway because someone was shooting up their labs, but they didn't seem in much of a hurry when they were walking out. Unless I missed something.

Are we certain that both shots are Wendy and Hodges?

lol...did the whole start, pause, stop and it is the two of them in the second sequence....unless my eyes and brain are trying to trick me at the same time. I mean, same area of the lab, blue lab coats, around about the same time, two people that look like them... Boy I can't wait to see this.

Aww..Hodges a potential hero in protecting Wendy? If that is the case, how will she ever repay him? hmm...

I think we might get our first kiss there...when the shooting is over.....He will of course get up and act as nothing happen or disappear into the lab. She will be left standing - confused AND once again realize that Hodges would go there(kissing) on his own. He would save her life and protect her with his body but he will never say .....If any remark: it is going to goofy and out of place. So she will kiss him to shut him up or kiss him when she finds him later. Or at least that is how it should be.

Come fans. If a guy told you: I love/like u. And he saves your life. Would u really be a B... and carring on??? Actually I think that would be wrong. Let´s say he save her. But she demands he comes clear with his feelings before she belive him. Then she doesn´t know her Hodges.IMO. And IMO he would be threated like a lapdog and not Hodges ...If showrunners start making him do her bidding(?).

Last edited:
Dude, I mean at least a kiss on the cheek, right? Come on now. :lol: I know he's a bit of a jerk, but you know you like him anyway, Wendy. Why else would you get so pissed off at him when he's stupid?

I have no idea what's going on in that promo. Even the freeze-framed things are confusing and chaotic. At this point I'm giving up and just hoping that Wednesday gets here soon (so that I can watch CM, let's not be ridiculous here. Besides, that's right next to Thursday, anyway. XD).

Oh my, Criminal Minds! I watched the 4th season finale just two weeks ago -and never been so relieved that I stopped eating meat ages ago LOL- so I haven't spent the whole summer worrying for Hotch's destiny. It's a pity that I will not have much time after Wesneday and Thusrday to entirely relish the two premiers I'm waiting most impatiently for, comments, reviews and all....

Anyway, back in topic:

I think they already shared a kiss but this is just my opinion, I can't wait to see if I'm right or wrong. As for Wendy being grateful to him yes,of course she will be but his reaction will depend on how they ended up in the middle of the gunfight...I mean, I can totally see her running towards the hurlyburly in the hall while he begs her to stay away from that. If I'm right he'll be pretty pissed off at her. Another scenario: they get up and then Hodges disappears for a while. She look for him and finds him in the -infamous for them- locker room, upset because the most important place in his life is no more the safe nest he tought it was, maybe saying something like “Now I understand Greg”.

Phantasizing is so much fun! Most of times funnier than the “real” thing!

Last edited:
I think we might get our first kiss there...when the shooting is over.....He will of course get up and act as nothing happen or disappear into the lab. She will be left standing - confused AND once again realize that Hodges would go there(kissing) on his own. He would save her life and protect her with his body but he will never say .....If any remark: it is going to goofy and out of place. So she will kiss him to shut him up or kiss him when she finds him later. Or at least that is how it should be.

Come fans. If a guy told you: I love/like u. And he saves your life. Would u really be a B... and carring on??? Actually I think that would be wrong. Let´s say he save her. But she demands he comes clear with his feelings before she belive him. Then she doesn´t know her Hodges.IMO. And IMO he would be threated like a lapdog and not Hodges ...If showrunners start making him do her bidding(?).
Well as I said earlier...anything is possible, especially when it comes to not only Hodges, but Wendy as well. As for the possibilities of a first kiss? I personally don't think they've shared one yet, but I could be wrong, and I don't know if we'd see that in this scenario (it would be nice), but definitely at least a hug. There has got to be some kind of follow up if Hodges indeed protects her from harms way. Wendy isn't an ungrateful woman.

But what if one of them gets hit with a straying bullet before its all over one done with?

Oh, the CSI franchise is famous for mixing clips and making things come across to the viewer in a different context then what it originally is suppose to be. It wouldn't be the first. I don't know if that clip is for the upcoming season in general or for the "Family Affair" episode only.

She look for him and finds him in the -infamous for them- locker room, upset because the most important place in his life is no more the safe nest he tought it was

Interesting thought. I could see him fighting himself over that. Perhaps he'll take his little monologue in "A Space Oddity" to Henry about his first commitment to the lab, and rethinks it. Coming to the conclusion that perhaps life is indeed too short, and that he should embrace his 'relationship' with Wendy while he still has the chance.

Admitting to understanding Greg?? :lol: Sorry, but I can't see him saying that. It's Hodges! That would almost be like getting him to admit he was wrong about something.

But what if one of them gets hit with a straying bullet before its all over [and] done with?
Yeah, I'm a bit worried about that. If either of them would, I'd hope that it would just be a minor thing.
Oh, the CSI franchise is famous for mixing clips and making things come across to the viewer in a different context then what it originally is suppose to be. It wouldn't be the first. I don't know if that clip is for the upcoming season in general or for the "Family Affair" episode only.
The scene with them is definitely from whatever episode the guys with guns are from. And since they're pretty much in the entire promo, I'd hope that it would be Family Affair...

The scene with them is definitely from whatever episode the guys with guns are from. And since they're pretty much in the entire promo, I'd hope that it would be Family Affair...

Yeah, I agree. It's pretty much a guarantee it's the same episode, I just went through it again and the suited gunners are in the background in both scenes...there is no doubt. So it should be interesting to see how the two react when it's all over with... Wendy will probably thank him, Hodges will have that sudden awkward shyness in response. OR, by the looks of the situation, Wendy looking in the opposite direction of the gunman, seeing she is heading around the corner just in front of Hodges, she could have some heated words with him at first like "what the hell are you doing?", but quickly realizing what he done was for her own safety.

I dunno... but I agree, it IS fun to speculate before seeing what actually happens.

IMO However the reactions from W/H will be very "telling" as the the future of the relationship and/or if we will get one at all. As we agree
If a guy saves you like that and/or allready told you he had feelings for you AND you didn´t react ??????? First kiss or not....we will at some point get a kiss. To much rating in that one. Yes you will disgust some viewers. But that is the great thing about CSI LV . They don´t have to care. They showed that with Lady Heather.IMO

IMO However the reactions from W/H will be very "telling" as the the future of the relationship and/or if we will get one at all.

I agree. I think what happens in the first episode or two will indeed give us an indication on the status of the relationship and if it's advanced any. I hope it's a positive one. They both deserve to be happy and if that means with each other....well then, so be it.

Oh and Tciddaisc, Happy Birthday. Lets have a week long celebration, for mine is the day before the premiere. We have lots to celebrate :lol:

IMO However the reactions from W/H will be very "telling" as the the future of the relationship and/or if we will get one at all.

I agree. I think what happens in the first episode or two will indeed give us an indication on the status of the relationship and if it's advanced any. I hope it's a positive one. They both deserve to be happy and if that means with each other....well then, so be it.

Oh and Tciddaisc, Happy Birthday. Lets have a week long celebration, for mine is the day before the premiere. We have lots to celebrate :lol:

A superhappy birthday to the both of you. I hope you have a great and enjoy yourselves.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think what happens in the first episode or two will indeed give us an indication on the status of the relationship and if it's advanced any. I hope it's a positive one. They both deserve to be happy and if that means with each other....well then, so be it.
I agree, too. It's been almost three years since there was any realization towards that ship, from a fandom standpoint anyway, so I think it's about time that we start to get some consideration of how exactly Wendy feels. We know how Hodges feels. That's pretty obvious. She's the mystery. We've had hints, but she seems to be hiding whatever she thinks she might feel, so it's more difficult.

Thank you! And I agree, we should celebrate. Happy early birthday!

Btw: I got the ninth season DVD for my birthday, and when I was looking through the set I realized that the inside back cover (the case for the DVDs themselves) has that promotional picture of Wendy and Hodges from a season or two ago. I thought that was interesting.

Happy birthday! And nice avatar btw!:thumbsup:

has that promotional picture of Wendy and Hodges from a season or two ago. I thought that was interesting.

Yes, I was surprised about that! It's from season 8th, maybe from You Kill Me...Could that mean TPTB have been considering Wedges as canon ship for pretty a long time? Just wishful thinking:rolleyes:

About Wendy's feelings, I got the idea she feels the same, it was quite clear to me...But I've spent years deciphering the X Files duo relationship so maybe now I overreact to clues that are not clues at all LOL

lol...thanks.

As much as I hate to be comparing Wedges to GSR, seeing I've stated pretty clearly on how I felt about the idea, but I do have to mention the time line of GSR. It took how many seasons before they got together? Are they going to do the same for Wendy and Hodges? I hope TPTB got their acts together and learned from the mistakes made from previous relationships. I don't want it dragged out forever if the plan is to have them together. Judging by season 7,8,9, plus the promotional photos, the subtle hints throughout the past few seasons, past actor interviews and the commentaries, tptb are serious about this pairing. So if it's inevitable, then do something about it...don't prolong it for too long.

And I agree. We all know how Hodges feels, now it's time to confirm Wendy's feelings.

Happy birthday! And nice avatar btw!
Thank you! On both accounts! (I love that picture of Rossi. He looks so bitchy. :lol:)

I really do think that the writers have thought about how to handle this relationship for a while. I mean, there were hints all the way back in season seven, and what's neat about that is that Lab Rats was the first time that the two actors had ever talked to each other. You know it's important when their first scene together on the entire show is flirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back