Hodges and Wendy----Labrats Love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hodges New Years resolution can be to grow a backbone and sweep Wendy off her feet...saying the hell with the lab...lol!

Wendy getting kidnapped and Hodges acting all heroic and confused at the same time
Sounds great for a fanfic, but I can't really see that happening in the show. They've already done that with Sara and Grissom...even though Nick was the one who initially found her. If we don't want Wendy and Hodges' relationship to mimic that of GSR, then that is probably not going to happen. But then, the writers have had a tendency to repeat storylines in the past, so who knows...lol!

The hard part is, is that they are lab personnel, not CSI's, and even though WL is part of the opening credits, LV billed as 'special guest appearance', they are still the "B" characters of the show. And other then the labrats having their episode, everything obviously revolves around the CSI's and their lives. So getting what we want or hope for, is a long shot.

I am just glad that the writers and producers actually picked up on the chemistry between Hodges and Wendy. Wally and Liz do a terrific job portraying them. :thumbsup:

Hodges New Years resolution can be to grow a backbone and sweep Wendy off her feet...saying the hell with the lab...lol!

Wendy getting kidnapped and Hodges acting all heroic and confused at the same time
Sounds great for a fanfic, but I can't really see that happening in the show. They've already done that with Sara and Grissom...even though Nick was the one who initially found her. If we don't want Wendy and Hodges' relationship to mimic that of GSR, then that is probably not going to happen. But then, the writers have had a tendency to repeat storylines in the past, so who knows...lol!

The hard part is, is that they are lab personnel, not CSI's, and even though WL is part of the opening credits, LV billed as 'special guest appearance', they are still the "B" characters of the show. And other then the labrats having their episode, everything obviously revolves around the CSI's and their lives. So getting what we want or hope for, is a long shot.

I am just glad that the writers and producers actually picked up on the chemistry between Hodges and Wendy. Wally and Liz do a terrific job portraying them. :thumbsup:

Hi DJ

I guess that is ok as we are the only ones posting:). I completely agree W/H shouldn´t be mimic of G/S. But can any ship on the show avoid that?
As it took X number of years for them(GS) to kiss and sleep over:lol:. That couple went though every shipstoryline ever invented:guffaw:. And as for show balance as they have lost G/S (at least so far) W/H could be the new romancecouple. My understanding of any storylinebuild-up one needs some bad-good-sad-glad to work. And as the CSI show knows good villians are crucial for any storyline.
So unless they have Sara leave G for Nick. I think there is hope for us:lol: or should I say them:guffaw:.
But as to storylines I think any ship will mimic GS. BUT prove me wrong. What storyline have we not seen yet?:). (Just realized what a great question that is. Should spam post it in all three forums:shifty:)

True Wally and Liz surely make the best out of what they get. Great actors. Truely a fan here:). By the way as there is trouble in Miamiland(long story) I just realized what a great thing it is to have H/W on the show. Yes at the moment they might be B but later on without adding new characters they(writers) could bump them up to A. All because of the genius stroke of having labrats do the annual episodes. Cudos(?) to the writers.

Before I get lost in the DVDland I must find a way to enter it...I made the mistake of buying the BD boxset and now I'm searching for a way for giving out my fourteenth month's salary by buying a BD player I'll use once every six months:brickwall:

I'm always around, I read your messages every morning from my PC at work -when the discussions get lively I usually am getting to bed...

Anyway, I just took a look at the extras on the back cover of the DVD collection....and there's this special comment entitled “Rats in space”...What you think it'll talk about? :D

I'd like to think that TPTB won't give all that room to the Labrats Love if they dont' think they have a profitable storyline to be developed..

Truth is, all my certainties have been shattered in these months spent waiting...I was even sure H/W begun moving something in their relationships in the last eps after Sapce Oddity...

Now I'm totally clueless:confused::mad:

Please press Enter. Rididick is back.:thumbsup:

I hope it is ok to post again. B/c I am dying to know. Do you think it is possible to find "new" storylines or is any show and ship to repeat?

I hope the fact that H and W are doing such a great job. Writers will perpared to use characters more. Perhaps some background storyline will ok? I will be back later

Since trying to figure out the season that's about to begin makes me a bit -just a bit- uneasy, I've finally decided to share with Wedges fellows some considerations of mine about the last season -don't cheat, I KNOW this is something you can't live without!

I'm thinking about the ones who say that Wendy dislikes Hodges....I wonder if they ever watched A Space Oddity -of course they did and they hated it that's for sure...

That ep opens with Wendy focusing Hodges' attention on her decollète after three years spent bashing him for being so boobs-centered...Why the heck would she have done that if she feels no attraction to the man? There was no intention to mortifying him, no snarkiness at all! It was pure female flirtatiousness!

The whole episode is full of sexual innuendos...When she said “ It's not the only thing that's not gonna happen” did someone really think that she was talking about watching the DVD?

About the final scene: has anyone noticed that they're free from their yokes and that the two objects are twined on a rock and have the shape of two hearts?

God, I saw this ep too many times! I even noticed the bloops and that's something I never get to see!

Seriously -so to speak: the whole Wendy' fantasy is actually an attempt to understand Hodges' viewpoint....It's about HIS concern on work and personal issues, not hers..I don't think she even had considered working together as an obstacle to a relationship before running into the David Hodges' world...

But her final look was so frustrated...And in the following eps something changed in their way to relate to each other...Hodges is suspiciously quiet around her now...I think that in spite of her good purposes she indeed made a move...I have to see some scene AGAIN just to feed my fixation...:eek:

Oh, I always forget to say how meaningful the three scenes they are in together before Space Oddity are (THREE, oh TPTB thank you for you endless generosity thank you so much!!!) .
One to go: don't you want to know badly what Wendy said to him? I've got some ideas...They are so cute and tender...so much for the “Wendy hates Hodges” theory
Mascara: she knows he has a crush on her, he knows she knows...:rolleyes:Sorry for the one who don't like them, but it makes me blissful to watch someone reminding us that love is also a game!

PS: about GSR and the great idea of throwing everything onscreen...I never have a real interest in their relationship but they jumped my personal shark in the brothel episode from season 7...Grissom talking about sex without/with love, c'mon...that was too much and totally incongrous with the rest of the scene no to mention with the rest of Gilbert Grissom

Last edited:
A friend of mine was gracious enough to share with me a blog she had found on a website that reviews various shows, dvd's etc. Anyway, from what I have read, us fans of Hodges and Wendy as a couple shouldn't be disappointed. There are a number of things listed involving 'A Space Oddity' such as the commentary, a few little clips/interviews to watch and even a couple of deleted scenes, one from "19 Down," the other, obviously from 'A Space Oddity."

I was already excited for this and after reading this blog on the boxset, I really can't wait to get it now.

So even though we've had our limited share of Wedges this season, apart from that one episode, we'll be getting a comfortable share on the boxset.

The deleted scene from A Space Oddity is set at 3:16, that is right after the Vellikon line, I checked

Can't wait to see it!

I had to order a DVD boxset instead of BD and I'll have my dvds for the end of the coming week....

I just hope I won't be disappointed!

Since trying to figure out the season that's about to begin makes me a bit -just a bit- uneasy, I've finally decided to share with Wedges fellows some considerations of mine about the last season -don't cheat, I KNOW this is something you can't live without!

I'm thinking about the ones who say that Wendy dislikes Hodges....I wonder if they ever watched A Space Oddity -of course they did and they hated it that's for sure...

That ep opens with Wendy focusing Hodges' attention on her decollète after three years spent bashing him for being so boobs-centered...Why the heck would she have done that if she feels no attraction to the man? There was no intention to mortifying him, no snarkiness at all! It was pure female flirtatiousness!

The whole episode is full of sexual innuendos...When she said “ It's not the only thing that's not gonna happen” did someone really think that she was talking about watching the DVD?

About the final scene: has anyone noticed that they're free from their yokes and that the two objects are twined on a rock and have the shape of two hearts?

God, I saw this ep too many times! I even noticed the bloops and that's something I never get to see!

Seriously -so to speak: the whole Wendy' fantasy is actually an attempt to understand Hodges' viewpoint....It's about HIS concern on work and personal issues, not hers..I don't think she even had considered working together as an obstacle to a relationship before running into the David Hodges' world...

But her final look was so frustrated...And in the following eps something changed in their way to relate to each other...Hodges is suspiciously quiet around her now...I think that in spite of her good purposes she indeed made a move...I have to see some scene AGAIN just to feed my fixation...:eek:

Oh, I always forget to say how meaningful the three scenes they are in together before Space Oddity are (THREE, oh TPTB thank you for you endless generosity thank you so much!!!) .
One to go: don't you want to know badly what Wendy said to him? I've got some ideas...They are so cute and tender...so much for the “Wendy hates Hodges” theory
Mascara: she knows he has a crush on her, he knows she knows...:rolleyes:Sorry for the one who don't like them, but it makes me blissful to watch someone reminding us that love is also a game!

PS: about GSR and the great idea of throwing everything onscreen...I never have a real interest in their relationship but they jumped my personal shark in the brothel episode from season 7...Grissom talking about sex without/with love, c'mon...that was too much and totally incongrous with the rest of the scene no to mention with the rest of Gilbert Grissom

I dont think their attraction to each other can be denied, especially after Space Oddity. To start with it seems that it is all one sided (Hodges) but I think, looking closer you can see Wendy has some romantic feelings for him.

I guess I go first as it has been 24 hours.

I like for them to keep up the banter at least until christmas. And come New Year something could change for the better:devil:. But I am thinking out loud here

Wendy getting kidnapped and Hodges acting all heroic and confused at the same time.

Not sure this one would work but: the lab thinking there is a stalker out there but it is just Hodges trying to show his love for Wendy:guffaw:.

Or some new member of CSI making a move on Wendy. Just to find her kissing Hodges or showing up at her door and Hodges hiding somewhere inside. ( Worst case the reverse Hodges showing up and New CSI hiding)

What would I like to see? Well, as was mentioned the kidnapping was done before, and I think kidnapping has been way overused in the franchise.
I think it would be good if one of them had injured themselves- broken arm or something, but insisted on coming into work, and said they didn't need any help. And then the other could be all concerned and come in and help them out anyway, despite a few protests, Then would come gratitude .......:devil:

The Blu Ray Disc of Season 9 arrived today in the morning and I had to resist the impulse to go shopping and buy a player...I'm returning the disc but knowing it's there on the shelf and I can't watch itand not even open it it's hard to take!

About the upcoming season....I'd like to see our rats out on field, taking a case in charge, maybe during Wendy's examination for making CSI, that would be quite interesting...Will he help her or fail her?

I'd like to catch a glimpse -just a glimpse- on Hodges' personal life, possibly something more significant than his traumatic teenage encounters with undercover Vice cops lol
Maybe some hint at mamma Hodges? I suspect poor David is terrified by her judgment...

I would love to see the rats on a out of jurisdiction trip to California to solve a case belonging to Hodges' LA past but I'm afraid that's pure fan fantasy- not even ranking to science fiction as Hodges would bitterly remark...

Anyway, if the spoilers are true -and I don't think some one else would speak for Nareen Shankar- there will be plenty of room for close investigations with the help of the whole staff...
All I hope for next season is that TPTB manage not to repeat what's been great but already done...With specifical reference to the amazing season 7.

Last edited:
Hi you fans of Labrat love....

I see you in forum but not in here .....what is happning?

Well ...Riddick how are you doing in DVD time? any news....

Does anyone "subscribe" to fansites with news about our labrats....Are the 2 actors working at the moment?

So odd to be here alone....:(.

LOL...no you are not alone here...I keep a look out to who is posting. But because there isn't much conversation happening at this moment...I am floating about.

I am a little annoyed though. I read a summary of what was included in Season 9's boxset, some Wedges related material, and when I went to purchase the season here (all excited), I was told that it wasn't going to be released here until the 22nd of the month. So now I have to impatiently wait until then to listen to the commentary for 'A Space Oddity' and to view the other little segments that is offered pertaining Hodges and Wendy.

I think it would be good if one of them had injured themselves- broken arm or something, but insisted on coming into work, and said they didn't need any help. And then the other could be all concerned and come in and help them out anyway, despite a few protests, Then would come gratitude .......:devil:
Yeah, that would be interesting. Like we said, the whole kidnapping angle has been done before and several times. As for getting injured...well there is some possibilities. Sure back in 'Hog Heaven' when that lady headbutted Hodges in the nose...see how quickly Wendy came to his aid? And that was just a minor boo-boo. Something bigger would indeed be interesting. Of course nothing that would be life threatening, but something that would require additional help...from the other.

I just posted up a new fic on ff...and it is rated T, if anyone is looking for a little something to fill the void until season 10 begins. It's titled 'This Kiss.'

Of course if the mods feel that I shouldn't post that here, do edit...or let me know, and I'll gladly edit it. :)

Hi DJ

Nice to see you :).

Back on topic as to storyline....Well how many can there be on a show like this?

1. Murder either with intent or without 2. Sex: Rape 3. Stealing(also stealing people aka kidnapping) 4. Human trafficing. but in theese shows only if one of the above is present as CSI isn´t not pre -investingating but post. 5 And fighting.

Am not quite sure 4 isn´t a subpoint to the rest.:(
I am sure, I might have missed a storyline or two but that is it. But from that writers has to go 10 years 20 episode pr. year.

The only variation being: suspect - intent - oppertunity and metode.
If you ever get to play the game. They have a triangel of something I cann´t remember now.

So we are bound to see something repeat itself and given that theese are b-characters ----I would say: Hurra for Space Oddity ---Cudos to writers for being that clever:). But beyond that ......

I am left wondering if we should settle for the best lovestoryline we have seen before made Vegasstyle.:lol: But which one????

You who read comments from other on episodes. Besides them not liking Hodges, did they not like the episode as storyline? The story build- up?

We are bound to see a repeat in ideas used on the show, there is no doubt about that, especially when it comes to relationship building. I am not saying that the writers got to find new fresh material -it would be nice, but if they decide to re-use an older storyline, at least try and alter it. Tweak it here and there so we're not watching and saying at the same time...that is the exact situation they used for so-in-so in season whatever...I know how this is going to end up! Know what I mean? I know that even though Wendy and Hodges are considered canon, they are still the B characters to the CSI's. They will get the recycled ideas etc. That is unless the writers want to push them in a completely different direction and make Hodges/Wendy stand out from the rest of the typical television couples. But that would take a lot of work.

Although I would settle for either. The recycled but tweaked story lines of the past, or fresh new ideas. Either way we'd get to see our labrats and I am not going to argue with that.

It looks like a double post, but two days have elapsed. I don't know if any of you fans in this thread have ever ventured over to the LIZ/WENDY thread, but there was an interview posted not long ago. Though it's more so a generalized interview, I thought these little snips would be interesting to post here.

AE: Are we going to see your character, Wendy, having a personal life?
LV:

I hope so. Last season, we did that episode where she and Hodges almost admitted we had feelings for each other. It really opened up a lot. Wendy sees something else in him — that he's not the suck-up everybody else thinks he is — and that makes her like him.

I think these two characters work well together because it doesn't quite make sense, but it doesn't make sense in all the right ways. It makes me root for them.
Nothing spoilerish, but nice to hear the actress supporting the storylines and the possibilities for hers and Wally's characters. Anyway, the full interview is here. Thanks to whoever posted it over on LIZ's thread.

:guffaw:
It looks like a double post, but two days have elapsed. I don't know if any of you fans in this thread have ever ventured over to the LIZ/WENDY thread, but there was an interview posted not long ago. Though it's more so a generalized interview, I thought these little snips would be interesting to post here.

AE: Are we going to see your character, Wendy, having a personal life?
LV:

I hope so. Last season, we did that episode where she and Hodges almost admitted we had feelings for each other. It really opened up a lot. Wendy sees something else in him — that he's not the suck-up everybody else

Wow someone on the show get the essens that is LV. Good for you Liz. Do you have any news or spoilers at all:guffaw:. Well DJ does this change anything as to Wendy perhaps being a CSI? If character admitts to having feeling now before the CSI - thing. Maybe it would seem to odd even for the dislikers to have Wendy snob at labratlover if she turns CSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back