Hodges and Wendy----Labrats Love!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Brassy, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacTaylor333

MacTaylor333 Hit and Run

Hi,

I absolutely adore Wedges, I think they have such a cute relationship. Even though they insult each other, you know they have hidden feelings for each other.

MT333

2. all falls down

all falls down Dead on Arrival

Oddly enough, I find Hodges at times endearing.

I loved the Wendy/Hodges scenes in 'A Space Oddity'. I thought they were cute. Even a scruff like Hodges deserves a chance at love.

As odd as Wendy is, Hodges got a couple of chances to get with her. Aww. I like their interaction.

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I like the insults :) They have such witty banter, but you can see they do care about each other.

They are both abit odd, but they go together so well. Hodges definitely deserves a chance at love :)

4. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Not that I have any spoilers for the upcoming season, but some thoughts and questions about it. If you wanna stay spoiler free, then maybe you should avoid clicking on the little box below...just in case. :)

They are saying that the beginning of season 10 is suppose to start in real time...as in time obviously passed between the finale of last season and this season. So this makes me wonder about the status of our labrats so-called relationship. More then likely it'll just be on the same level as season 9, but it does make me wonder. Have our little love stricken pair done anything to move their relationship along? Has Wendy gone and written the field test?? Did Hodges attempt it because she did? Is she now a CSI while Hodges is in the lab worried sick over her well being? Did he finally accept the invite over to Wendy's place for that little astro quest mini-marathon? :lol:

So many questions to ponder over and still a little over a month away before they get answered. Any thoughts/questions or speculations??

5. riddick

riddick Rookie

DJRideout has summed up some of my main Wedges issues

In my opinion

Two months and a half is enough time for a blossoming relationship to evolve, especially between people who see each other everyday.

I think Sara's brief comeback could be a turning point: she's back to LV officially because the team is dramatically understaffed after Riley has quit -and let me say about that: halleluia!- so when she leaves again there will be a vacant place in the night shift squad. I don't think TPTB will introduce a new character, even masochism has its limits....So the place must be filled with somebody already in the lab....Any suggestions about the replacement? wink wink

Now, if this is going to happen Wedges will become an actual issue: will they finally be able to begin their relationship? Will Hodges find new excuses to keep Wendy at a distance? Will he accept that she is a part of the “upper floor” team? He was pissed at Greg because Sanders looked down upon the labrats after becoming a CSI, I wonder if he has the same fears about Wendy – worse fears because he loves her of course.

I'm also curious about Sara's perspective on the labrats pair...She's the one who can detect some evolution in their relationship you know, a look, a gesture....

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  6. DJRideout

Okay, say Sara is back and the rumors are true that she and Grissom are indeed married...could this be a wake up call for our labrats? Well, more so for Hodges over Wendy. I mean, he idolizes Grissom and if he and Sara had a relationship within the workplace and in the end they ended up happy, despite all odds...could he? Would he be willing to take that chance with Wendy?

Though I was never a huge fan of Sara, one thing I did admire was the fact that she always spoke her mind. Perhaps she will pick up on those signals between the pair and feel the need to offer a little help or some friendly advice. You know, give the budding relationship a little boot...to set things in motion and in the right direction.

But I'd hate to see Hodges hold a grudge against Wendy if she indeed becomes a CSI.. though I wouldn't put it past him, for the character can be quite quirky at times. That attitude could very well lead to the demise of their "relationship." I am hoping that Wendy has had enough of an effect on him the past couple of seasons for him to be more opened minded about her wanting to advance and be more excepting should this scenario happen further into the season.

Now I am not holding my breath on anything yet cause for all we know, nothing has been further developed between the two. But it is fun to speculate and think of all the possibilities that are still out there, and unexplored, for these two characters.

7. riddick

riddick Rookie

I am not thrilled about the Sara Sidle Show coming back to town, but she really has this attitude of throwing facts in people's faces without bothering wether it's business of hers or not. 'though I've always found that attitude kinda annoying, it could turn out to be useful for Wedges' interests...I can totally see her pick up on a glance or a bit of tension between Hodges and Wendy and confront at least one of them on the matter...

Shankar said that the first months of GS marriage haven't been that easy, because “it's easier to love someone who's not there”...I wonder how this affects her and what she from her experience coud say about the new pair -they have a totally different kind of relationship from GSR but on the other hand they're also two people meeting and hooking up in the workplace. I tend to see the differences from GSR, maybe Sara will see the similarities.

About Wendy becoming a CSI, as I said before, sometimes I see Hodges like a 40 something year old child...Just see how he reacted when Grissom left...I really hope he has the maturity for accepting that things change but I'm not sure this would come easily to him...Anyway, his actions and reactions are often surprising, you really don't know what to expect from him, that's a reason why I like him so much!

As for Hodges taking Grissom's example, I remember a scene back in season 9 where Hodges talked to Catherine and stated he had learnt Grissom's lesson, i.e work is not everything in life. Is he really ready to put the lesson into practice?

Speculations asides, all I really wish is to have them on screen on a regular basis, especially Wallace. Better bits of them scattered along the whole season than a single episode all for them and nothing fot the rest of the episodes....

8. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I am sorry to say but if Wendy makes CSI. It could be the end for this ship. I will back down from this statement if any of you can mention a lasting ships between featurecharacters (CSI) and funny bycharacters (Labrats). Usually they tend to be short lived and allways causes damage to one of the characters. And in that case the bycharacter. Look at "Numbers" that had two romances. The mathguy and his student: She moved up and got more sceentime. And they had the FBIcop and mathprofessor. He went for to space and she was left alone. Of thoose two characters Hodges has more in common with the mathprof. as type of character then the pretty girl(the student). Actually Wendycharacter could the student grading up. My only hope is the querckiness(?) that is LV. I for one wacth this ship beacuse it´s fun and surprising and innovating but if Wendy makes CSI. The writes will probably use her for "bigger" romances. For the common user/viewer using Wendys good looks to have some hot fling with a goodlooking guy would seem more profitable as showratings goes. But the longtime fans of the show it is far more in tune with showstyle and characterbuilding to keep theese two together.

My question for you is:Why just her and not him to? What is wrong with making them both CSIs?

But IMO there could be so many scenarios with Hodges and Wendy as a couple:lol:.

9. riddick

riddick Rookie

What?! Larry and Megan had a romance in Numbers??? Wow, I must stay tuned on the summer reruns here in Italy!

EDIT:Ok, I'm watching the scene right now on tv, perfect timing LOL

I already told in a previous what my fears are about Hodges and Wendy becoming an actual couple. Basically, romances have non future in tv series. At least one of the carachters leave the show after some time. It's also true that is esier for writers to write about UST than keeping a real relationship alive and interesting for the audience.
    The thing is, they have gone too far with this ship to get back right now. Maybe season 10 will tell us Hodges and Wendy have tried to get together and it hasn't worked, who knows....But it's too late not to give them some kind of closure.

I'm not thrilled about Wendy making CSI if that means another Greg Sanders....carachter involution and everything. And if that means she and Hodges will be separated for most of the time...Or that she will begin treating him like CSIs do.

Wendy and some CSI hunk...well I can quit watching the show if that happens. Plain and simple. First of all I'm sick of people who think a man is not a man if he's not a jock. Personally I find Wallace Langham an attractive and very charming man. Nick Stokes type doesn't have any appeal to me. Secondly, laws of attractions in real life don't follow the rules of Barbie&Ken world!

Wendy and Hodges both CSI...Well he made it clear he hates being on field, 'though he proved to be pretty smart there too. He has a good deal of intuition, a solid common sense, and would be a good investigator. He just doesn't like the job!

Actually, what I like about season 9 is that the team worked as a “collective mind”..Maybe because Cath has no experience as a supervisor but she involved more people in the case work, especially Hodges. If this was the way of Season 10 there would be no problem about Wendy as a CSI...,They'd work together on cases and it'd be great!

But Princess Sara is back to remind Catherine how she should handle the team and that doesn't sound promising to me....

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  10. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

How do you feel about rumours that time is running out for some of the shows and do you see that happening if Wendy doesn´t make it as CSI and Hogdes never get a proper storyline again?
    Am I bad because I love the episode where the labrats look a miniturekillermodels?:guffaw:

11. riddick

riddick Rookie

With “some of the shows” you mean the series or the actors? I think the next season could easily be the last one for the mothership anyway....I don't think they'll touch the labrats quintet right now, the audience love them and they're not a “burden” for writers, it doesn't make sense, why changing the lab techs right now when fans are already so buffled by departures, deaths, two new carachters -one ill developed the other totally lame?....As for having proper storylines, well...who had them in the last season? In the end the least “damaged” by writers was Hodges....

All I know for sure is that if Wallace Langham goes I'll lose a good deal of interest in the show, he's the only one whose acting and characterization always catches my attention these days....Lately some of the casefiles have been so.....sadly un-forensical...

If my faves are cut out I'll go all for Criminal Minds I suppose...

Labrats: I bought season 7 collection only for the commentary to that ep....It's something everyone should hear! Priceless, hands down

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  12. DJRideout

Though it don't really pertain to actual season 10 spoilers, once again there are subtle hints of thoughts and opinions on the upcoming season in the post so spoiler tags it is.

I'd probably die if Wally left the show as well, though in past interviews, in not so many words, he stated that he really enjoyed his role and job with the cast and crew of CSI. He did mention that he was glad that his character didn't turn out to be the miniature killer, like a lot of season seven hinted around at. he said that, "That would have meant that I'd be out of a job"...:lol:!

As for Hodges, Wendy and this relationship...I'd still love to see the 'geek' get the girl, but as I mentioned myself in past posts, if that means damaging either character, and ruining something that could be great, then I don't want it to happen.

You both have brought up some good points though. Not all, but the majority of times, officially pairing up a couple in a television series means something is going to happen to one, the other or the show itself and not always in a good way. But I like to try and stay optimistic! Both actors enjoy working with one another, and their characters are not your typical ones either. Personally I see their relationship as more realistic of one then say Sara and Grissoms and I think it all comes down to the casual banter between the two. I am hoping that because of this fresh outlook, the pairing may have a chance in succeeding for a change.

Now I'd be totally disappointed in Wendy if she became a CSI and began treating Hodges and the rest of her fellow lab techs like the others do...subtly looking down their noses, from time to time, toward them. Or favoring their equal over them. That just wouldn't be cool on her part...not that I'm saying she'd do that or that the others do that on a regular basis, but there have been the odd hint or two along the way. And it just wouldn't be cool if she became another Greg Sanders....missing in action, so to speak. It would totally defeat the purpose of her advancement from the lab into the field.

As for Hodges stepping up and taking on that role (of a csi)....well, he indeed made it clear several times that the field work didn't interest him, but like you said riddick, he did prove his worth and intelligence in the field..."You can work hard, or you can work smart!" said Hodges to Nick. And as much as I love seeing the man in that LVPD vest, I'd personally prefer he stay in the lab, where we are guaranteed to see him in every episode. The same for Wendy...as much as I like the idea of her going into the field, I would rather her stay in the lab for the same reason.

TPTB are better off leaving them as is, but allowing a little flexibility with their characters. What I mean is, if the csi's need an extra set of eyes and hands in the field and it's slow in the lab, take one of them out like they've been doing on occasion with Hodges over the past couple of seasons. Just now with Wendy as well.

But I'm still walking that fine line on what I want for the pair. I do but I don't...they should but they shouldn't...know what I mean? I want them together but I don't. Guess that means I'll gladly except whatever is handed to us in the WEDGES department in season ten, although I'll secretly be hoping for multiple scenes.

13. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well for me Hodges was the comming Grissom.
    Laurance Fishborne is doing a great job and adding another type to the show. But

LV was the nerdy and innotative show that caught people with it´s unusual castline and characterline up. In my mind I often compare it to "X-files". But when a show even LV hits the mainaudience it sometimes forget its roots and starts crowdpleasing.
    IMO Hodges is more LV then Wendy but their "ship" (if it becomes reality) justifies Wendys goodloooks on this nerdy show. If "you" want all pretty and hottieness you should watch Miami insted. (IMO)

So for me writes should have add Hodges to the CSI staff more then Wendy. They opened up for the possiblity with Hodges´s great admiration for Grissom and he taking charge in the miniturecase in labratepisode.
    And the banter between thoose two would be so much better with him as the CSI. Remenber how Wendy got on his nerves and outsmarted him in some cases:lol:. NOW that would make sense in sesaon 10. If he made CSI, they could wait off with romance for a couple of episodes and then have him do something heroric for her and save the day for all. THAT would nice and make more sense in the generel public. Because for a lot of people it would be:
    Why is she with that guy when she could be with .......?

In the general public far more women would choose Nick over Hodges unless Hodges get more Grissomed. Then IMO they would "accept" Wendys true love. I hope you get my drift.

On a more personal note. I miss Grissom and Hodges is my first choice to be him. So please let that happen in season 10;)

14. riddick

riddick Rookie

I'm in that minority of women who'd choose Hodges – and above all Wally- over Nick....I've always known I'm awkward, people do think I'm awkward, so no big surprise for me LOL...

Csi and X Files...part of the X Phile fandom turned to crime and procedural dramas when their series ended...After all Mulder was a brilliant profiler -and probably the most good looking nerd in tv history- and Scully a phisician and a pathologist..They used to search extraterrestrial and paranormal phenomena by means of forensics.
    There's this scene in an ep of CSI season 9 where a very serious Hodges hypothesizes a parallel time dimension, something like X Files' ep Triangle, and Grissom lookes at him with an eyebrow lifted up, just like Scully used to....I found it so nice!!!

Hodges the new Grissom mmhhh...I think CSI team would find it blasfemous...They're all too cool to take orders from such a nerd!!! I've always wondered if the members of the team who look down on labrats ever realize that they're not perfection on Earth...Cath married a pure piece of trash -and was about to make out with at least another-, Nick still thinks that a hooker has been the love of his life, Warrick was a gambler and ended up completely stoned in a bar and then in bed with a prostitute....Not even Grissom and Sara are very socially apt...None of them is flawless but sometimes they act like they can walk on water...

OMG DJ you haven't really stated that Grissom and Sara aren't a perfect match, have you? No one can say that! Jokes apart, I don't “sense” chemistry between the two of them and it's not a matter of age difference...Something lacks between them. In. My. Very. Very. Humble. Opinion. Do not shoot me GSR shippers, please....

I don't know if Hodges should be more grissomesque; I think they have things in common 'though Bugman would die rather than admit it. Hodges is a unique man, he makes an impression which is different from anyone else's. Nerdy and charming, annoying and funny, cinical and oversensitive, I'm always curious about what he is going to do or say. I'm sure a good part of this richness is due to Wally's talent and intelligence..

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  15. DJRideout

You would not be alone riddick...I feel the same. Love the character and the actor. So I can totally see Wendy's quirky interest in the trace tech and why she hasn't given up on him just yet. If I were her, I'd be more and more intrigued by his demeanor as time past. He's sort of a man of mystery even though he likes to share odd and random tidbits of his life...:lol:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.