Hodges and Wendy----Labrats Love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in that minority of women who'd choose Hodges – and above all Wally- over Nick....

riddick;977575[B said:
]I'm in that minority[/B] of women who'd choose Hodges – and above all Wally- over Nick....I've always known I'm awkward, people do think I'm awkward, so no big surprise for me LOL...

Hodges the new Grissom mmhhh...I think CSI team would find it blasfemous...They're all too cool to take orders from such a nerd!!! I've always wondered if the members of the team who look down on labrats ever realize that they're not perfection on Earth...Cath married a pure piece of trash -and was about to make out with at least another-, Nick still thinks that a hooker has been the love of his life, Warrick was a gambler and ended up completely stoned in a bar and then in bed with a prostitute....Not even Grissom and Sara are very socially apt...None of them is flawless but sometimes they act like they can walk on water...

I don't know if Hodges should be more grissomesque; I think they have things in common 'though Bugman would die rather than admit it. Hodges is a unique man, he makes an impression which is different from anyone else's. Nerdy and charming, annoying and funny, cinical and oversensitive, I'm always curious about what he is going to do or say. I'm sure a good part of this richness is due to Wally's talent and intelligence..

You both hit it on the nail. Minority. I am strickly seeing this from a showpoint of view. When they started (Be that X-files or CSI) they were culttypeshow with culttypecast and storyline. Fox M beeing the hottest nerd ever. :drool:. But I feared in my posts, that they were turning more comercial and add more goodlookpeoplecast then sticking to the orginal casting which was the base of their succes. AND therefore adding some Grissomness to Hodges would be more true to origin and making him lowlevel CSI would be better then making Wendy lowlevel CSI.
Wendycharacter being more appealing to "notposting" viewer I think.

So in order to keep hope for this upandcomming romance:) It has to be Hodges and not Wendy IMO. But if skow wants to go comercial then it is Wendy.

Yes, yes, yesssss!!!
The dvd collection from season 9 has an audiocommentary for Space Oddity. I'm ordering the dvd box set....

As for the real essence of CSI, true, the “signature” of the mothership was that nerdy offbeat mood, that dark humor and taste for grotesque: the balance among these elements made the show unique. That's why I love season 7 so much, love the whole Miniature Killer arc, with that mood between a gory thriller and a gothic fable, and love the Mike Keppler eps, different from the rest but still deeply CSIesque.
And that's why I didn't like the Tarantino eps: too much of everything, it has always seemed to me like a parody of the show -apart from the Hodges scenes and I promise I'm not being partial!:lol:

Anyway, I really think that Hodges does embody that original spirit. Until now, his character has been more spotlighted than Wendy's....Wallace made it to the opening credits, and every Labrats/Wedges ep is basically from Hodges' viewpoint. Wally said that when TPTB were writing You Kill Me they used to go to him and get all excited and say “Hey we'got a new ep for you!”
Last but not least, Hodges is one of the few characters who have the honor of uttering the one liner in the teaser: it seems a petty thing, but I believe it has some importance.

The question is: will TPTB tread on the identity of the show in order to captivate some, let's say, Grey's Anatomy fans? Will we have to bear with more and more comments like “Wendy is a twelve Hodges is just a three (old Gregory House theory for matching couples, trust the man, he knows how to make relationships work)” or “Wendy would be better with Nick” ?One of the reason why viewrs have left the show, apart from the major characters hemorragy, is that the show is less and less about forensics and more and more about police action. Do they really want to turn a 10 years old show into a show like any other else? Is that convenient for the series' sake?

The question is: will TPTB tread on the identity of the show in order to captivate some, let's say, Grey's Anatomy fans? Will we have to bear with more and more comments like “Wendy is a twelve Hodges is just a three (old Gregory House theory for matching couples, trust the man, he knows how to make relationships work)” or “Wendy would be better with Nick” ?One of the reason why viewrs have left the show, apart from the major characters hemorragy, is that the show is less and less about forensics and more and more about police action. Do they really want to turn a 10 years old show into a show like any other else? Is that convenient for the series' sake?

Oh, so true......I completely agree. (Guess there is no surprise there:)).

In the case of Hodges and Wendy their relationship comming to life is truely showcharacter. IMO Her becoming a CSI and perhaps looking at him CSIstyle is NOT!!!:vulcan:.

Whenever you get the chance; Please let me know what they say on the audiocommentary for Space Oddity.

The boxset will be released the 1st of September. When I'll have the DVDs I'll let you know and share..;)

I can't believe there's only one month to Season 10 premiere! until now the only spoilers are about Miss Sidle's come back. Not that I was expecting breaking news about our special labrats but still....:wtf:

About the whole “what viewers want” matter, I made the big mistake of surfing the web looking for some tidbits about Hodges....Well, it's true and kinda depressing, there are people who dislike Wedges for a lot of reasons one could sum up with “she's too good for him”....What can I say...I just hope that the “I read too much Cosmopolitan and even take it seriuosly” party will lose at the end. For the sake of the real spirit of the show, and of awkward people!

In my opinion:

Wendy and Nick: can you imagine their conversations?

Wendy and Greg : cute as siblings, they even have some physical resemblance..

For Ajbuckly -and for every Mulder&Scully shipper
The best line against Wedges was from someone who said that a beautiful, intelligent, strong woman can't really chase after an obnoxious guy with the maturity of a seven year old. Now, she had Mulder and Scully in her avatar. :guffaw:You think I may say “look who's talking”? :vulcan:

Last edited:
Well I too can't wait to hear what the commentary is going to offer up for 'a space oddity.'

I am not sure which one of you had said it in a past post, cause I can't seem to find it at the moment, but you're right. LOL. You can't help who you fall for. Who your heart aches for.

So they say that Wendy is brilliant, gorgeous...Hodges being obnoxious and immature. That she is to good for him, but the chemistry between the two characters is obviously plain to see. She brings the good out in him. Whatever happened to opposites attract? Where is there a written rule stating that you should only date the equal to your social status? I mean he's no Warrick or Nick, but Hodges is still a decent looking guy. (actually he's more then just decent)

In my opinion, the fact that Wendy shares an interest in Hodges shows the strength and depth of her character. She's looking past the physical attributes and concentrating on what is more important...what is on the inside. Sure he is rough around the edges and a tad bit socially inept :lol:, awkward and often times, insensitive, but he's shown to her that he'd be willing to change.

I've been trying to write out the audio commentary for "You Kill Me" and a comment made by Mr. Naren Shankar himself, really stood out.

Naren: “It’s become one of my favorite things in the show." (his response to David Phillips comment on Wendy/Hodges relationship)

Personally I think that they are encouraging words, whether the ship moves to the next level or stays in the comfort/ fun zone with quirky interactions. It's not going to be completely disregarded unless the entire format of the show changes...

And yeah, there are a lot of people out there that are no fan of the Wedges ship...but I have also come across just as many supporting it. IMO, I think some that don't support the ship, are ones that aren't fans of Hodges...but that is just a personal observation. I could be wrong.

Well ......there you are:cool:. I thought you left ....hmmm .....and that goes for both of you...... I guess you both been busy surfing the net;).

Pray tell who is Mr. Naren Shankar ? I take it, he is some headhoncho at the franchise?

It is so true, that the return of Sara seems to overshadowed everthing but perhaps this could spell good news for our lovestruck couple. At least Wendy couldn´t go CSI with Sara back?

I am looking forward to see if H and W get some screen time for the Saracronicals and I hope they ( writers) will make it positive. Do you ladies know how the ratings were for "Space Oddity"?

Some might not be on the same page as us. But this show is NOT pretty meet preety show. For me from the start - Grissoms oddness was the centerpiece of the show AND the storylines what didn´t suite the cosmopolitainreader very well. Storylines were dark and touch on the dark side of sex, lies and people. IMO.

Hodges and Wendy will make for some nice feelgood moments as show continues on the path that made them a hit. :thumbsup:.

Sorry to say ain´t that keen on Wedges. I will stick to H/W.

Pray tell who is Mr. Naren Shankar ? I take it, he is some headhoncho at the franchise?
Well he isn't the head honcho, but he's pretty much up there with the top dogs. Executive producer/ co-executive producer/ 42 writing credits to his name for the show... From the different things I have read in regards to CSI on the ineternet, in general, has usually come from Carol Mendelsohn, or Naren Shankar. Especially when it has to do with upcoming seasons and/or spoilers/teasers.

So basically, he has a little pull. And if that means he is liking this ship and where it could possibly head, then there is a possibility we'll see it happen. That is, like I said before, if the show doesn't change it's entire format.

Hodges and Wendy definitely give you some feelgood moments, lol, but I can't help to feel embarrassed for the guy from time to time when he makes a blundering fool of himself...especially in front of Wendy.

And perhaps Sara's return for X amount of episodes is a blessing in disguise, we'll have to wait and see. I won't rule anything out at this moment. Wendy could still go for the advancement and become a CSI, but Sara's return could be enough to have her put it off....thus more moments for our labrats IN the lab.

So I just went to Tubeland and rewatch some of Space Oddity. Poor Hodges ...he blow the perfect chance to go to Wendys place (Again:guffaw:See that scene a couple of times.) Loved the way she chased him around the labtable.

I think no matter what Wendy will end in relationship in the end. she is to hot/pretty not to. But let´s hear: If he didn´t accept her preposel(?) in Space Oddity. What will make her ask again? and what will make him say yes? AND what is our chances of seeing it?;). Or the date:):thumbsup:?

By the way I wasn´t a Mulder/Scullyshipper if any shipper is was me and Mulder:guffaw::guffaw:.

As I understood the scene, he did accept...though with a little hesitation when he heard it would only be the two of them. What ruined it was the day dream followed by him awkwardly tripping over his own words and saying just a little to much to her when he tried to explain what had happened when he nearly set himself a blaze.

SHOULD the relationship progress, I think one thing that'll spark enough interest in Wendy to ask again is what Hodges said to her at the convention. As to how she'd get him to say yes...well, I am not sure. If she does pursue this option, it'll probably take a lot of convincing on her part. Basically convincing him that is okay to give yourself to your profession, but it's also okay to allow someone else into your life as well. That he can have both.

Just my thought anyway...lol

Hmm.... Now see " Am I allow to post here? ...as reply or should I wait?

Well what the h.... I am allready in here...:shifty:

Ok....I thought that he decline again after the dream ....but perhaps I got that wrong ....

In your opion will this ship ever come "true"? Canon(?)

You know my opion: any feelgood or comic relief would balance more sinisterstorylines so why not? And as allready stated they are going to use Wendy anyways.

For me the question would be: How much of the relationship would I care to see onscreen and how much offscreen? Would lingering looks work for W/H?

Well I think the whole idea of everything onscreen could cause more harm to their relationship with the fans then good. I would personally like to see the banter and little flirty scenes, perhaps even the suggestion of being together, but I would much rather most of it to be left up to the imagination of the fans. Know what I mean? Again, not trying to dis Sara and Grissom's relationship, but we have all seen what an overload of an office romance can stir up and they were the 'A' characters on the show.

If Hodges is a character that only a selected few thoroughly enjoy, then having everything officially out in the open between him and Wendy will definitely not sit well with most viewers. Sure a lot don't mind this budding ship, but not to the point of knowing everything...does that make sense?

I will admit that I didn't overly mind GSR in the early stages of the relationship... when there were those hints and nothing official, but when it got ridiculously out of hand and it was taking up a whole pile of screen time, I was completely turned off. I really don't want that to happen with Hodges and Wendy.

I'll still take whatever the show offers, whether it be an abundance or a little. I just want both characters to be happy.

It took me a couple of viewings of the episode (a space oddity) to catch on to all that was said between the pair. In the end, after they had their words with one another in their last scene together (about the fantasy and that watching an episode of Astro Quest wasn't going to help them catch the killer...his way of declining the invite), he apologized for his stupidity and trying to blame her, saying it wasn't going to happen again. She replied saying something along the lines of; "That's not the only thing that isn't going to happen!"

After I heard that, I then understood why he was so angry with himself. I thought it was sort of the end of that relationship after that. He had his chance, blew it and she had confirmed it. But I think his "we were made for each other' translation was the ship saver in the end. If Wendy had any thoughts of saying the hell with him, then his words got her to second guess her decision.

Well, in my opinion anyway. I could be seeing and thinking wrong, I dunno...lol

I will adding more later.

But DJ you have been for long time so you might know the answer to this one.

One episode Labrats take a shot at miniturekiller
One episode Space Oddity

Has it been or will it be a tradition in your opinion for Labrats to get one episode of their own each season?

For all labrats.Would "we" be pleased or annoyed by a crime occurring while we see W and H at a dinner date? Or the date turning in to a crime would that be "too much information" ?

Last edited:
I don't believe there is any official word as to yes there will or no there won't. For the past three seasons there has been a labrat type episode, and they've focused around Hodges...and Wendy mostly, so I am hoping that there is a tradition brewing for each season. I've heard talks of the producers/writers enjoying writing for them, wanting to support the 'supporting' staff etc, so hopefully we'll get another this season. The actors involved really have fun with these episodes.

And if there is another episode this season, I am curious as to the storyline to it...

Now see that could be the topic of our next posts. If we include some W/H loving then fine by me.LOL. Just had to go there. But can we use this tread for storylines just for labratepisodes? and should we or could we include scenes from normal episodes as to some W/H future? I am NOT talking fanfic. But we could see it written. If you get my drift.

By the way where did Riddick go? Hopefully not lost in DVDland.

I guess I go first as it has been 24 hours.

I like for them to keep up the banter at least until christmas. And come New Year something could change for the better:devil:. But I am thinking out loud here

Wendy getting kidnapped and Hodges acting all heroic and confused at the same time.

Not sure this one would work but: the lab thinking there is a stalker out there but it is just Hodges trying to show his love for Wendy:guffaw:.

Or some new member of CSI making a move on Wendy. Just to find her kissing Hodges or showing up at her door and Hodges hiding somewhere inside. ( Worst case the reverse Hodges showing up and New CSI hiding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back