Hodges and Wendy----Labrats Love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
karu_mila, if we don't stop meeting like this you might start thinking that I'm ship-stalking you. XD

Anyway, I know I'm a little late in the game, but I didn't know TalkCSI existed until I geeked out looking for Flack/Angell stuff.

I like Wendy and Hodges together. I'm a minor GSR shipper (to be honest I just don't really care what they do anymore, especially since they're both leaving.), but Wedges seems, I dunno, more real. I loved "Lab Rats", and I liked the look on Hodges' face when Wendy starting debating with him over Star Trek. I hope they don't ruin it, but I also hope that this ship goes somewhere.

Call me karu... and don't worry about you ship-stalking me. I just think it's great that we have a couple of ships in common.

I loved "Lab Rats", and I liked the look on Hodges' face when Wendy starting debating with him over Star Trek. I hope they don't ruin it, but I also hope that this ship goes somewhere.

I didn't see Hodges' reaction! *makes mental note to watch that episode* Though I could see him surprised with Wendy debating him over Star Trek... more power to Wendy! You hardly see smart and attractive women with an interest in sci-fi on TV nowadays... that's what I like about Wendy. She's doing a great job of breaking the science geek stereotype. And I think that Hodges is starting to move in that direction...

Last edited:
Ironically, I've forgotten what episode it was. Theory of Everything, I'm guessing? Whether it's factual or not, it's cool to see how, be it geeky-looking or not, the lab rats are all exactly that- lab rats. No matter how "cool" (*grins*) some of them are, they all have the same minds. (Aw. Let's gather around the campfire and have french fries. *snickers*)

Anyway, karu, (call me Alex, it's easier to spell. XD) since you didn't mention it on the F/A board, have you read the next chapter yet?

No matter how "cool" (*grins*) some of them are, they all have the same minds.

But it's still great that even labrats can be cool... even if they do debate about Star Trek whever they get the chance!

To tell you the truth I haven't been able to find to chapter, let alone read it. I tried looking for it, but the search engine is down so it may take me a while to track it down. I'm still determined to read it... I'll let you know what I think about it. That is, assuming I find it... *rushes back to fanfiction.net*

Now personally I am not a big fan of Star Trek, but I would have to agree that it's nice to see they're trying to break the stereotype. Sure even wally guest starred in a start trek voyager episode a few years back.

So if Wendy is a fellow trekkie, wait until she hears about Hodges cat and what he named him....Kobayashi Maru... "an apparent reference to the no-win training scenario administered to Star Fleet Academy students in the film Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan"

Thanks to a good friend... I give you THIS

Last edited:
DJRideout - for the future - shipper vids are supposed to be posted in the shipper central fan vid thread located here. Thanks!

My bad! I thought links were still allowed...I've never really posted stuff other then regular comment posts, so I really wasn't aware, just going on assumption seeing it was kinda thread related. But I'll remember for next time. Thanks for the heads up

karu, just click the link in my signature, it should be there.

I'm just about to watch the episode with the commentary, and I noticed something. In the S7 disks, Lab Rats says "Lab Rats" (aka "While the Cat's Away"). I remembered how the saying went ("While the cat's away the mice will play", or something similar). It's kind of funny.

It is great to see that lab rats can be cool. It kind of gives hope to those people that are taking Human Biology Honors for the fun of it, despite the fact that they're also in Chemistry Honors. (Guilty as charged. Have I mentioned I'm a science geek?) Anyway, although I've never watched Star Trek, I do watch Star Wars, and I'm glad that the lab tech that at first looks a bit out of place is just as lab-techy as the rest of them. Yay.

Star Wars?? Definitely!

the 'Labrat; commentary was hilarious...even they noticed the budding relationship between our two beloved techs....which made it that much more amusing.

Yeah, the commentary is great. I love Archie Kao's comment. "I love the tension between you two. It's, like, JUST... KISS ALREADY!" That's how we all feel. :lol:

karu, just click the link in my signature, it should be there.

I tried it and I keep getting an error everytime I do it... don't worry, I'm sure I'll find it.

I remembered how the saying went ("While the cat's away the mice will play", or something similar). It's kind of funny.

You noticed that too? I thought that was pretty cool of TPTB to use a title like that... I'm a big fan of symbolism. I guess it comes with being a Psych major and English Lit minor.

You're a science geek too Alex? I guess you can call me a bit of a science geek... I took AP Biology in high school and I'm taking biology in university too. Maybe that's why I got interested in CSI and the labrats in the first place. The banter between Hodges and Wendy didn't hurt either.

I love Archie Kao's comment. "I love the tension between you two. It's, like, JUST... KISS ALREADY!" That's how we all feel. :lol:

*bactracks* He actually said that? Man, why do I miss all the good stuff? I've gotta say that Archie is dead on though.

I love Archie Kao's comment. "I love the tension between you two. It's, like, JUST... KISS ALREADY!" That's how we all feel. :lol:
*bactracks* He actually said that? Man, why do I miss all the good stuff? I've gotta say that Archie is dead on though.

Yeah, in the commentary during the scene where Wendy calls the number using Hodges's cell phone.

Every time Wendy and Hodges are in a scene, the commentary is pretty much just laughing about how the crush is so painfully obvious. When Hodges is talking to Wendy about her being "too cool", Wallace Langham said that "she's either going to kiss me or punch me... I'd take either one."

Sarah Goldfinger said that they were going to have Liz Vasey kiss him in one of the takes and not tell Langham that they were going to do it. That would have been the best blooper scene ever! It sucked that it had to be taken out due to time constraints.

they were going to have Liz Vasey kiss him in one of the takes and not tell Langham that they were going to do it. That would have been the best blooper scene ever!

*does double take* Man, why do we miss the good stuff? Maybe they'll do it next time... or maybe they should have Wendy punch him too! I'll bet that Hodges won't be expecting that if he's going for a kiss or a punch...

Yeah, they never put the great scenes in, do they? They didn't film have time to do that, they didn't put the fun Catherine scene in Grissom's Divine Comedy... ah, the evils of time constraints.

ah, the evils of time constraints.

Why can't they do a blooper reel and air that as a special? I've seen it done before on another show, though it was a long time ago. *pokes TPTB* Did you get that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back