Hockey Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
*hugs jorja_fan even more*

Me cheers for Canadiens and Penguins too :D
I've always been Penguins fan.. and Canadiens fan ever since Koivu went there :D
Nowadays also a little bit cheering for Flames because Kiprusoff kicks ass :D

^ Good to hear DW. You're so nice. Unfortunately I have to get after you for saying the f word...Flames :eek:. I mean, I don't hate them but they're not one of my favourite teams. The Leaves and Avalance are up there too. Although, Jarome I. isn't that bad. But I'll always love the 'Nucks...and the Candiens? Well...let's just say my dad raised me right ;).

I just saw the Leafs/Sens game. I have but one thing to say. ...And that is: *raised voice* Shootouts bite! :mad:
I don't like them. I want the OT periods back.

Huh? There is a 5 minute overtime period before the shootout. Before, there was just the 5 minute overtime period and the game was over. In the playoffs, there are no shootouts.

Who won the Senators versus Leafs game??

Anybody care to clue me in? The only time I actually watched, Leafs (I believe) were one up on the Sens.

Please tell me someone!!! :)

Thanks

The Sens :mad:. Lindros scored our 2nd goal with about 4 minutes to go. A few seconds later the Sens tied it. I forget what Sens player got the shootout goal. Final 3-2.

My bro came to wake me up at 7:30 to tell that Calgary lost 6-3 :lol: since Kiprusoff was there goalie :lol:
THen I just put my glasses on, reached for my own remote control for my tv and checked results. Yay Canucks!
Uh..and.. erm... Penguins lost :p
Do I remember wrong but did Salo score? I mean... I love the guy... and... uh... there was so many Finns done something because so much games.

What comes to Shooutout system. Our own league had that already 03-04 and yeah, it sucks at first, then you kinda get used to it. I agree it's a sucky way to end the game but it has its benefits.
1) No more OT after OT in NHL (in play offs... or are rules the same in play offs?)
2) you can't start to play tie, you know... when they count that it's enough but now it's not and you have to try to win.

Nazzy was awesome tonight..It was nice to see Bert back too:D I kinda felt bad for Gretzky losing his first game as a coach, but he did get his first NHL goal and #802 against us.

Not sure about the new rules yet..

What comes to Shooutout system. Our own league had that already 03-04 and yeah, it sucks at first, then you kinda get used to it. I agree it's a sucky way to end the game but it has its benefits.
1) No more OT after OT in NHL (in play offs... or are rules the same in play offs?)
2) you can't start to play tie, you know... when they count that it's enough but now it's not and you have to try to win.

In the playoffs, there are still the 20-minute overtime period after 20-minute overtime period until someone scores, no shootout. In the regular season, they have shootouts to break ties, but the loser in an overtime/shootout game still gets 1 point. That way, teams can't play just for the tie.

Oh yes.. it works that way here too :p Just didn't remember it because last year play offs in SM-liiga (our league)... well... my fave teams sucked so didn't really watch those. Didn't want to see my team to lose. I'd have cried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back