Hockey Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lindros. Meh... You can have 'im! :p Never liked the dude, but I gotta admit he had some skills.

My dad was giving me a ride to work today and he was going really fast, I asked him what was wrong, he said he was excited. So naturally, I asked--excited about what, and he said "Wednesday, hockey starts up again!"

So I put my little imagination cap to work and thought...all over Canada (just because I live in Canada) there are police officers talking to people who have been pulled over, or people just freaking out, acting weird.

Officer: what seems to be the problem
or
Officer: what were you thinking?
or
Officer: why did you do that?"

Driver/random person: I'm excited about Wednesday!!"

So I put my little imagination cap to work and thought...all over Canada (just because I live in Canada) there are police officers talking to people who have been pulled over, or people just freaking out, acting weird.

Officer: what seems to be the problem
or
Officer: what were you thinking?
or
Officer: why did you do that?"

Driver/random person: I'm excited about Wednesday!!"

lmao :lol: yea us canadians and our hockey. i felt so lost w/out it. my house got really quiet

Lindros. Meh... You can have 'im! :p Never liked the dude, but I gotta admit he had some skills.

sad0015.gif
Mwaahhhh! I'd have been fine with it even five years ago. But not anymore. I just hope he is traded before the middle of the season. :rolleyes: *fingers crossed, saying nightly prayers* I don't care where. I just do not want him here. Blue and white has never looked so wrong on a person before.

*edit* Where ever Harold is, (I'm thinking south of Heaven); he must have loved that signing. :devil: Hap is rolling over in his grave.

My fave photo is from this site , scroll down and check the middle photo in the row of 5 photos, the one that has "HEADACHE 88". The "CRACKHEAD 14" one is pretty good, too.

Are you from Vancouver too BOR? I was just at the lions game and I know a Canucks came was going on too. Nice to know that at least one team won tonight. Personally soccer is my favourite sport but I have a soft spot for hockey....I am Canadian after all. GOOO CANUCKS!!!

Yes, I'm just back from my free beer... um, I mean the Canucks game! :lol:

We killed Edmonton. They played like a bunch of clowns. I can't believe they didn't swap up the goalie after it was 5-2. But I guess it's just a pre-season game, afterall.

Anyway, the 'nucks are looking good. And damn, I forgot how hot Naslund is. For a fair-haired dude, he's alright! :lol:

Funny... I watched sports news yesterday. They talked about NHL and rule changes and all... for some reaason they interviewed Tie Domi, who said he hopes new rules don't change ice hockey too much, so it would still be ice hockey like where everyone is used to.
Wait... is Tie Domi right person to tell that?? Does HE even know what ice hockey is about? Dude, ice hockey is not just about beating other guys...

Baba, there's nothing hot about Swedes :p

Anyways... I've tried to watch how new Finnish players do there, and Jussi Jokinen (Dallas Stars) has done damn well :eek: He is really talented, I just never liked him (see, he played in a team I hate the most in our own league). His parents are from the next village and yseterday I was reading my family book (my dad's mom side) and I found him there *cries* he's my relative *cries* THankfully, not too close relative :lol:

Then I also realised that Antero Niittymäki has finally got to Flyers team after few season AHL :D YAY! I love that guy. I have jersey of my fave Finnish team, TPS and my shirt has his name :D WOO! He's just too cute... too bad he left for NHL so early, since TPS has had only sucky goalies. But it's only team who has all three goalies their own juniors.
*looks Antero's pic on Flyers site* NOOO HE HAS CUT HIS HAIR! :eek:

Then I had to check what teams have no Finns. So I don't waste my time to follow those:
Hurricanes (Sami Kapanen used to play there, now he's been in Flyers for a ..few seasons), Columbus, Kings, St.L Blues, Lightning (GOD I HATE THAT TEAM).

Detroit has no name there, but I swear some Finn was going there. Because he was first one ever to go to play in Red Wings. Unless he was kicked to AHL team... gosh I can't remember who it was. *goes to see AHL team*
Oo..Valtteri Filppula. He's a kickass player (even played in wrong team here in FInland :p) I hope Red Wings let him play.

and have to say this... awww... younger Koivu plays in Minnesota :D
DAMN why he had to go so early *cries*

DaWac, I hate to disagree with you, but Naslund is awesome. And I believe both the Sedins had goals and various assists last night so... Swedes rock! (Not as cool as Canadians though... ;) )

I do agree with you (willl wonders never cease! :eek: ) about Domi though. I never liked that little bruiser meathead. Meh. :rolleyes:

I used to like Tie Domi when he played for the Jets, same goes for Teemu Selanne.

Naslund is one of my favourites..made me forget all about Bure lol

Baba you can disagree with me - in your own forum :p

I'm sorry... I just cannot... accept... Swedish players. I can admit some of them are really great players (Sundin, Forsberg, Zetterberg, Sedin twins, Näslund, Alfredsson, Jörgen Jönsson, Renberg) but I'm still dissing them because they are DAMN SWEDES! They've caused me so many headaches and so many terrible,terrible moments in ice hockey... *cries*

Selänne is a legend. But I'm afraid his best days are behind :( Too bad he never had a chance to win Stanley Cup. :(

Btw...just found out two days ago that Jyrki Lumme is still playing :eek: plays in FInnish league, in his old team. He's old like a... well...he's damn old :eek:

Sounds like you have some issues! :eek:

Sorry, I'll leave that between you and your therapist! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back